OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.pyronikdesigns.com
XP
Country
United States
Ok, not sure if this is the right to put this, but, I've been playing Pokemon White and I've gotten further then the E4 (woot). I've hit White Forest and...there's no grass patches...it's empty.
hate2.gif

No one seems to know what this is. I am running White on my DSTT, so it's patched with Kazo's english patch, but I know it isn't the patch nor the ROM, nor even a form of AP as I know someone using the exact patch and gave me their .sav file and I ran it on my ROM, and it worked.
So it has to be some kind of event within the game, maybe?
If so, does anyone know what to do?

Xenon++

Taiju Yamada
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
PyRoManiAcV3 said:
Ok, not sure if this is the right to put this, but, I've been playing Pokemon White and I've gotten further then the E4 (woot). I've hit White Forest and...there's no grass patches...it's empty.
hate2.gif

No one seems to know what this is. I am running White on my DSTT, so it's patched with Kazo's english patch, but I know it isn't the patch nor the ROM, nor even a form of AP as I know someone using the exact patch and gave me their .sav file and I ran it on my ROM, and it worked.
lol
If you "had" grass patches, possibly it disappered. Go to white forest/black city in "friend's hilink" to get other people.

Hatchetball

RepititionRedundancyRepitition
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Xenon++ said:
PyRoManiAcV3 said:
hate2.gif

lol
If you "had" grass patches, possibly it disappered. Go to white forest/black city in "friend's hilink" to get other people.
Xenon, I'm having the same issue and it's not all that funny. Also, High Link has nothing to do with this lack of grass patches issue. We're not trying to get other people so that our Forest will appear diffrently, the grass patches are not appearing, so we cannot capture certain pokemon. Having people on High Link will not make grass show up nor vanish. The grass should be there already...

Hatchetball

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Xenon++ said:
I heard grass patches depend on the people living in white forest
You do realize that a char walking around the forest or near it says that right? :wtf:
How is that "hearing" it? It has nothing to do with High Link or ... how many people live there in your game >.>
PyRo and I are looking for facts about the issue
Facts > "I heard"

Xenon++

Taiju Yamada
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I mean "talk to people in friend's white forest via high link to get them live in your white forest"

I have 3 persons outside the ancle's house

Hatchetball

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Xenon++ said:
I mean "talk to people in friend's white forest via high link to get them live in your white forest"

I have 3 persons outside the ancle's house
I understand that. It still has nothing to do with why there are no grass patches that contain wild pokemon in the forest :wtf:

Hatchetball

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jurassicplayer said:
Hatchetball said:
I understand that. It still has nothing to do with why there are no grass patches that contain wild pokemon in the forest :wtf:
I hope you have at least tried what he said first...I mean, if you didn't...and it happens to work...well, it would save a lot of embarrassment.
We've tried. It's not that we need to see more people in high link... it's that the grass is literally NOT there LOL
I've done the high link thing a lot, and all it has changed is the appearance of the forest, there is still no grass...

EDIT: jurassicplayer - I have a question for you. When you first got to White Forest, did you have grass patches WITHOUT ever doing high link?

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Actually, I haven't even played any of the latest pokemon games. I'm more of a homebrew/multimedia guy. For the most part...I haven't played any of the new games (save a test on super scribblenauts to see if the EZVi could play it).

basher11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im currently playing white (without cheats lol), (after beating black) and unfortunately not up to white forest yet.

Hatchetball

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
basher11 said:
im currently playing white (without cheats lol), (after beating black) and unfortunately not up to white forest yet.
If/When you reach that point, would you mind posting here and letting us know if you have grass patches in White Forest without doing High Link activities?
I've tried before using high link and after, still have the same result.

I don't wanna have to pokesav my pokes to someone else's save file just to catch those pokemon O.o - nor do I wanna have to cheat to capture them... lol

basher11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, i could also just use the walkthrough walls cheat to check up on it. don't know if it'll affect the forest or not.

Hatchetball

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
basher11 said:
well, i could also just use the walkthrough walls cheat to check up on it. don't know if it'll affect the forest or not.
I would think it wouldn't, never know with a japanese Pokemon game though LOL

Leave it to Nintendo to screw things up
biggrin.gif

*Surfs through E4 gate and walks to the champion room to win in seconds*

basher11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay, i just walkthrough walled my way to the white forest with level 17 pokemon
rofl2.gif
xD

and i have grass
smile.gif
just some patches, about 3 steps wide; just encountered a togepi.

if it helps, im using a clean rom.

AcekardFan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I Begin To Ask Myself If This Problem Is Just Random......Happens On Some Sav's And Not On Others

The Rom....And Sav Runs Completely Fine I Can See The Patches Of Grass

Hatchetball

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
basher11 said:
it could be just your rom.
i can play it without problems, while others have it patched.
It's not the rom, I can load someones save file and see grass lol. It shouldn't be the save file either, but it looks like that's what is wrong.
I'm using the V4 english patch and it's rudolph patched, I don't see why I'd be having these issue.
Whereas, PyRo is using V4 without rudolph's patch (that I know of) and is having the same problem.

@AcekardFan - Yeah it appears to be random. PyRo and I have known eachother for like 7-8 years now, something like that, and this ironically happened to both of us? lol it's weird man.

PyRoManiAcV3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.pyronikdesigns.com
XP
Country
United States
jurassicplayer said:
Hatchetball said:
I hope you have at least tried what he said first...I mean, if you didn't...and it happens to work...well, it would save a lot of embarrassment.

Look, dude. Get this through your head, and everyone else. High link does not MAKE IT APPEAR! It "enhances" it.

The issue here is not to make it bigger, or get more people. The issue is that the fucking GRASS is non-existent. At all.

It's NOT the ROM. Like I said in my first fucking post, I used the SAME ROM to load a separate .sav file, and it worked. Had it not worked, it would have been the ROM, but it did work.

QUOTE(basher11 @ Oct 21 2010, 02:05 AM)
okay, i just walkthrough walled my way to the white forest with level 17 pokemon
rofl2.gif
xD

and i have grass
smile.gif
just some patches, about 3 steps wide; just encountered a togepi.

if it helps, im using a clean rom.

How far into the game are you? City-wise?

Hatchetball

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PyRoManiAcV3 said:
jurassicplayer said:
Hatchetball said:

The issue here is not to make it bigger, or get more people. The issue is that the fucking GRASS is non-existent. At all.
Rotflmfao
Exactly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ idonthave: :)