pokemon sun/moon save editing?

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by Portal2player56, Nov 18, 2016.

1. Portal2player56
    OP

Portal2player56 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 24, 2016
    United States
    is there a program that i can use in homebrew tht can extract pokemon sun/moon saves? i tried save manager but it freezes at yellow screen,idk how to get jksm cause i tried getting the file 4 it but instead i got jksv? and jksv doesn't even show in homebrew..

2. Skullkandy69

Skullkandy69 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 9, 2016
    United States
    Im trying to figure out the issue as well.A apparently you cant do it like in oras without an update

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

No one has a solution ive been asking all day but no one has an exact solution

3. Xmortal

Xmortal Other Nickname Legarad

May 28, 2008
    Venezuela
    Venezuela
    Are you using the CIA version of JKSM?

4. Skullkandy69

Skullkandy69 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 9, 2016
    United States
    Do we need to?

5. Xmortal

Xmortal Other Nickname Legarad

May 28, 2008
    Venezuela
    Venezuela
    It works best for me that way if you are in luma cfw. Example I passed the "save file" of the Demo of my unmodified 3DS with Oothax to launch homebrew launcher, then a homebrew called mmap, to get the decrypt of the games, finally I got into another homebrew called svdt backup the "Save file". I passed it to the computer to pass it to the modified 3DS.

6. Portal2player56
    OP

Jan 24, 2016
    United States
    but now is there a new save dumping program for users without cfw or luma/other almost full 3ds hacking control? i have oothax with homebrew.

7. Grantman20

Grantman20 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 14, 2016
    United States
    Littleroot Town
    You're fine by using the regular JKSV made for homebrew just make sure to put it in the right folder :)

8. Portal2player56
    OP

Jan 24, 2016
    United States
    and where would i put it? i put it in the 3ds folder but it doesn't show up..it is a 3dsx file btw,not a cia file..mine is anyways.

9. tomx86

tomx86 GBAtemp Fan

Jun 3, 2015
    Poland
    For me it worked with new3DS on 11.0.0-33 with homebrew launcher's save manager - no freezes at yellow screen. But I don't know, how maybe because of the 11.0.0-33 sysNAND (SM works only from this version and up), or the fact that new3DS doesn't need to reboot while lunching the SM cartridge or the CIA version, like old3DS does. I got the cartridge version of SUN btw, and it doesn't work on old3DS Gateway, rxTools (gives the "cartridge has has been removed" black screen) and save manager freezes at yellow screen, like said above.
    PS. svdt behaves like save manager works only with new3DS.

Last edited by tomx86, Nov 23, 2016
  10. Zibrecas

Zibrecas Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 8, 2016
    In my case I'm using Pokemon Sun (European) and the homebrew in a 2DS whith 9.2.0-12U (USA 2DS)
    And everytime I try JKSM, he stucks in the yellow screen, but if I use pokemon AS (also european), JKSM works fine.

11. sammichito

sammichito Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 21, 2016
    United States
    i'm completely stuck when I do save manager it only works on pokemon x and y and oras it yellow screen freezes on my copy of moon, and using the .3dsx version of jk's save manager i will always get the message "error opening save archive" no matter wich game i try to edit
    i'm using a 2ds with 9.5 software btw please help

Last edited by sammichito, Dec 21, 2016