ROM Hack Pokemon Sun and Moon GARC files

Bidoofguy

Custom Title:
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks again, Mmm... I am still facing the same issue.

/// Current Issue
I can select the PNG file, however error message will pop up and cannot recognize the PNG file..
I think this error message "NullReferenceException" means I do not have appropriate file path of BCH texture replacer source.

So I think I will want to rebuild it myself with Visual Console.
Can I find out the source code of Ohana3DSGotTexture(Not official build of https://github.com/gdkchan/Ohana3DS-Rebirth what I already build, however I can only choose .bch file...)?
The OhanaGotTextures build was made by @mariosonicds, and can be found here.

Leony_s

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The OhanaGotTextures build was made by @mariosonicds, and can be found here.

Many Thanks for everyones' kindly support.
I got the source and build it. Then, still faces the issue of NullReferenceException..
BCH_Texture_Replacer_error.png
# I am sorry in Japanese screen capture..
Do you know why I false to import the texture file attached error message(it is translated in English)?

I am picking up some error message affected line..
OBCHTextureReplacer.cs0 Line 435.png

OBCHTextureReplacer.cs0 Line 321.png

OBCHTextureReplacer.cs0 Line 105.png

OBCHTextureReplacer.cs0 Line 79.png

Attachments

• NullReferenceException_error_message.txt
    2.2 KB · Views: 261

NEKpewar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
You don't need to save the images as .bin.. Drag the texture's .bin file into Ohana3ds, then click export, and select all textures. Edit them, and make sure to save them as .png (because they were exported as .png). Then click file then BCH Texture replacer. when you click on the BCH texture replacer, press O and then select the bin file of the texture. Click replace, or replace all, to import the png textures Then press S once you have finished importing the images. You now have edited textures, do this as many times as you want to other files, then repack the folder of .bins.

How I repack the folder of .bin?? GARC UnPacker or another .exe??

Last edited by NEKpewar,

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know why PK3DS just crashes when I try to rebuild the garc for a/0/9/4? It packs pretty fast, gets to the end and then just hangs forever before crashing and throwing a windows explorer error.

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
both decrypt 9 and braindump i got it to dump but i cant get pk3ds to work decrypt9 gave me a dec.cia and a dec.3ds file braindump gave me a .cxi fie
Did you extract the RomFS/ExeFS with Asia's PackHack? Then you take those and put them in a new folder, then point PK3DS to that. If you did all that I have no idea why it isn't working. It keeps crashing when I try to rebuild the pokemon model garc, so I feel your pain Lol

Meliodas2255

It makes sense
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, try using the Pk3ds tool to unpack and repack garcs.
This site builds the latest Pk3ds/Pkhex straight from the github. http://teamcity.skyeditor.org/
1. login as guest,
2.select pk3ds
3.Click the dropdown on artifacts and download the zip file.

To get to the garc unpack/repack
1. open pk3ds
2. go to tools
3.Misc tools
4. (un)pack +BCLIM
Capture.png

4.1 unpack by dragging the garc to the block under decompress
4.2 repack by dragging the folder to the block on the right next to the repack drop down menu
5.rename and replace the old garc with the one that you just created.
Note- the new file will have a .garc extension ensure that you delete this extension.
6.profit

Last edited by Meliodas2255,

NEKpewar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Actually, try using the Pk3ds tool to unpack and repack garcs.
This site builds the latest Pk3ds/Pkhex straight from the github. http://teamcity.skyeditor.org/
1. login as guest,
2.select pk3ds
3.Click the dropdown on artifacts and download the zip file.

To get to the garc unpack/repack
1. open pk3ds
2. go to tools
3.Misc tools
4. (un)pack +BCLIM
Capture.png

4.1 unpack by dragging the garc to the block under decompress
4.2 repack by dragging the folder to the block on the right next to the repack drop down menu
5.rename and replace the old garc with the one that you just created.
Note- the new file will have a .garc extension ensure that you delete this extension.
6.profit

Thnx for this but when I drag the folder to repack, the pk3ds repack file by file!! I still waiting (2 hours) to finish repack!!

Attachments

• repack bin file no folder.jpg
    repack bin file no folder.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 356

MegaKyurem

WAAALUIGI
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thnx for this but when I drag the folder to repack, the pk3ds repack file by file!! I still waiting (2 hours) to finish repack!!
Hold control when you decompress the garc file into a folder. Makes it a lot quicker.

Edit: You can't edit the compressed .bin files, but you can view them and then once you've found the file you want to edit, you can decompress that using pk3ds

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So my texture edits replace just fine, but when I point SaltySD to the rebuilt garc the game just crashes as soon as I get into a battle or try to view pokemon. So to be clear the game loads fine, it only crashes when SaltySD tries to redirect the file. Is it because the garc is like 1.3GB? I tried rebuilding a RomFS to use with HANS to check it that way but HANS just crashes back to HBL when I select my parameters and run it. So I repacked everything into a CIA and I guess I'm going to see if it takes that way.

So my question is, has anyone else successfully repacked a/0/9/4 with textures edits and had them show up in game? If so, which method did you use and with or without updates?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Only thing you catch are STDs.