ROM Hack Pokemon Sun and Moon GARC files

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Haha, we definitely have to replaced the font. xD We got rid of the Korean characters and some of the accent letters. And we only use the hanzi in our script instead of all the hanzi. Otherwise the font size would be too big to load. Even after this, we have to get the font height a little bit smaller…
{...}
not try to include hanzi as it would ruin your game =.=
oh I see XD well for the ORAS this would be easier than programing the Hanzi all over XD but in Platinum there wasn't Hangul to be replaced and as I could see, the japanes etext entry (where you put your or stuffs names) was untouched.. maybe if they changed the half widith alphabeth instead since japanese text entry use full widith but I think it's not the issue since sing and US game save displayed the names correctly ...
I found the file they edited to add them (and the font too, I believe ..) but I can't use the same, unless I was using the japanes egame a sbase for mine, but is the english so well, would work but not that easy XDD

Man, don't worry about this. I learned all of the things within a few days (2 or 3 days I guess) assuming I have some programming experience. This is our page for Chinese translation for XY. There is a ORAS you can find but it's not translated by me. The quality isn't so good, so people ask me to make another one. This one hasn't been done yet.
Nice!So you are know by your quality! xD
I'm not much into programings so I depend much on others , I'm more to the artistic side, I think e3e

As for Sun and Moon, people in Chinese mainland, Hong Kong and Taiwan have different accents and word choice. So it's really hard to make a name with everyone satisfied. Hong Kong people are the ones who suffer the most. While I'm totally fine with the new name, the translated scripts really suck..... Some of them don't even make sense, and I can even guess out what Japanese sentence was before the translation. The English translation is really good though.
Oh yes... I kinda understand you XD
My problem wanting to translate pokemon to portuguese is because I want to do some stuff some people not care ... but these stuffs happens on the good translation or the offcial localization to anoter languages, like different pokemon names...
well, some complain even about translating the moves and itens names, wtf XD

Btw the demos don't got chinese and korean? but I think the fount would be complete, right?

goteniai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haha, we definitely have to replaced the font. xD We got rid of the Korean characters and some of the accent letters. And we only use the hanzi in our script instead of all the hanzi. Otherwise the font size would be too big to load. Even after this, we have to get the font h

Man, don't worry about this. I learned all of the things within a few days (2 or 3 days I guess) assuming I have some programming experience. This is our page for Chinese translation for XY. There is a ORAS you can find but it's not translated by me. The quality isn't so good so that people ask me to make another one. This one hasn't been done yet. Do not try to include hanzi as it would ruin your game =.=

http://tieba.baidu.com/p/4777183519?lp=5027&mo_device=1&is_jingpost=1

As for Sun and Moon, people in Chinese mainland, Hong Kong and Taiwan have different accents and word choice. So it's really hard to make a name with everyone satisfied. Hong Kong people are the ones who suffer the most. While I'm totally fine with the new name, the translated script really sucks..... Some of them don't even make sense, and I can even guess out what Japanese sentence was before the translation. The English translation is really good though.
hi goteniai may i have tieba id,

I think so ~.~ You need your phone number or email address to sign up. Use google translation all the time xD.

goteniai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh I see XD well for the ORAS this would be easier than programing the Hanzi all over XD but in Platinum there wasn't Hangul to be replaced and as I could see, the japanes etext entry (where you put your or stuffs names) was untouched.. maybe if they changed the half widith alphabeth instead since japanese text entry use full widith but I think it's not the issue since sing and US game save displayed the names correctly ...
I found the file they edited to add them (and the font too, I believe ..) but I can't use the same, unless I was using the japanes egame a sbase for mine, but is the english so well, would work but not that easy XDD

Nice!So you are know by your quality! xD
I'm not much into programings so I depend much on others , I'm more to the artistic side, I think e3e

Oh yes... I kinda understand you XD
My problem wanting to translate pokemon to portuguese is because I want to do some stuff some people not care ... but these stuffs happens on the good translation or the offcial localization to anoter languages, like different pokemon names...
well, some complain even about translating the moves and itens names, wtf XD

Btw the demos don't got chinese and korean? but I think the fount would be complete, right?
There are Chinese and Korean in the demo, which is good. But the translation is worse than what I can do even in the middle school. Good luck with your project=.=

Reactions: Sliter

goteniai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry I forgot to type on word
"may i have your tieba id ? "
It's cyxqcym. I have a habit to delete threads, so you can't see me in the page.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

oh I' totally lost there :v hahah but saw some screenshot XD
Use google translation, man.

Last edited by goteniai,

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
There are Chinese and Korean in the demo, which is good. But the translation is worse than what I can do even in the middle school. Good luck with your project=.=
thanks! well try to improve it and send to nintendo! maybe the hire us? xD /I can dream, right? lol/
ok I will use XD

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I don't know if I can do this. My version is way better than theirs but you know how law works=.=
yeahthey would aresst us intead :v
haha I bet my vision of localization is the better but I'm sure if someday come an official portuguese localization of pokemon come, it gonna just like spanish and italian ... just a translation of english with not extra to add to the series :/

goteniai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeahthey would aresst us intead :v
haha I bet my vision of localization is the better but I'm sure if someday come an official portuguese localization of pokemon come, it gonna just like spanish and italian ... just a translation of english with not extra to add to the series :/
At least you don't have official Portuguese version at the moment. So there is something to dream about....

Reactions: Autz

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
At least you don't have official Portuguese version at the moment. So there is something to dream about....
well people see the anime and cardtranslation as OFFICIAL DONT TOUCH IT
but the anime translatingeerything wrong or the cards having the same move name for like 3 moves, seems like invisible for them XD so evem dreaming I think people arend giving what they are used with :/

vgmoose

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States

Jackson Ferrell

I don't like SJWs
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Here's a repo with some text files locations and instructions, using @goteniai's tool and xytext: https://github.com/vgmoose/sm-demo-text

For models it looks like Ohana has recently had some changes? So maybe it can be coerced into loading something, otherwise looks in progress.
Thanks heaps! :) Also, do you perhaps have a compiled version of Ohana (the lastest one hasn't been compiled yet and I'm still unsure of how to compile things from Github yet despite making my own projects on it)

Last edited by Jackson Ferrell,

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

vgmoose

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
Okay, good news! I've successfully been able to unpack, edit, and repack the text files!

Tool here:
https://github.com/vgmoose/GARC-Unpack/releases/

And here's a 2006-esque ROM hack demonstrating it:

To fix the ROM packing, I had to subtract 4 from the offset outside of the modulus. (see source) I know it works on text, not sure about other files.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Like for micro