ROM Hack Pokemon Sun and Moon custom music mod help

CGNetwork

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question: do the songs only work on N3DSXL? I tried using SaltySD to get the right songs working at the sample rate of 48000, and the song I chose for Elite Four caused my entire savefile of Moon to be corrupted for some odd reason on my 2DS. IDK why. Is there a way to alleviate that issue?

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question: do the songs only work on N3DSXL? I tried using SaltySD to get the right songs working at the sample rate of 48000, and the song I chose for Elite Four caused my entire savefile of Moon to be corrupted for some odd reason on my 2DS. IDK why. Is there a way to alleviate that issue?
No the songs work on every system. You shouldn't change anything about the songs. The songs also have no effect on your save file. Do you have "main" file inside of your SaltySD/SunMoon folder? If you do, then delete it. If not, then something else messed up your save file.

CGNetwork

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No the songs work on every system. You shouldn't change anything about the songs. The songs also have no effect on your save file. Do you have "main" file inside of your SaltySD/SunMoon folder? If you do, then delete it. If not, then something else messed up your save file.
Deleted the old saltysd folder along with the "main" file that appeared out of nowhere, deleted the corrupted savefile for both Sun and Moon, started over by making a new saltysd folder with the other new folders inside, and reinserted the two custom songs I converted to BCSTM format which was Kingdom Valley from Sonic 06 for Hau's VS Battle, and Shin Bison from Street Fighter Alpha 3 for E4's VS Battle.

Last edited by CGNetwork,

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Deleted the old saltysd folder along with the "main" file that appeared out of nowhere, deleted the corrupted savefile for both Sun and Moon, started over by making a new saltysd folder with the other new folders inside, and reinserted the two custom songs I converted to BCSTM format which was Kingdom Valley from Sonic 06 for Hau's VS Battle, and Shin Bison from Street Fighter Alpha 3 for E4's VS Battle.
You could probably get those already in bcstm format from brawlcustommusic. That's where I got ny custom music from. You might have corrupted the bcstms somehow.

CGNetwork

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could probably get those already in bcstm format from brawlcustommusic. That's where I got ny custom music from. You might have corrupted the bcstms somehow.
Yeah, I should've just downloaded them in BCSTM format and rename them. I shouldn't make new ones that corrupt the two versions' savefiles like that.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hm. Tried that. Works fine, but I won't be able to save at all when I enable game patching.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I should've just downloaded them in BCSTM format and rename them. I shouldn't make new ones that corrupt the two versions' savefiles like that.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hm. Tried that. Works fine, but I won't be able to save at all when I enable game patching.
What?

CGNetwork

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I redownloaded the two songs, sent them to the correct sound folder where the saltysd path is located, turned on my 2DS with Enable Game Patching enabled via Luma3DS Settings, launched Moon, music and no lines worked. However, when I save after starting a new game way before getting the starter after that prologue cutscene, the game crashed and took me back to the Home Menu, thus creating that suspecting "main" file. I knew saving while using the patches wasn't a good idea. I may have to redo the game again after I disable game patching and save normally. I believe the patches only work after loading a saved file.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I redownloaded the two songs, sent them to the correct sound folder where the saltysd path is located, turned on my 2DS with Enable Game Patching enabled via Luma3DS Settings, launched Moon, music and no lines worked. However, when I save after starting a new game way before getting the starter after that prologue cutscene, the game crashed and took me back to the Home Menu, thus creating that suspecting "main" file. I knew saving while using the patches wasn't a good idea. I may have to redo the game again after I disable game patching and save normally. I believe the patches only work after loading a saved file.
That's odd. I'm not having that issue on the latest stable Luma. That's really bizarre.

AlexRodriguez_2020

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First you need a patch for the game that will run code from a folder (/SaltySD/SunMoon)

What you can do is first convert the music into a *.bcstm file. To do so, you can download YATA+. Make sure that the music you want to convert is a "wav signed 16 bit pcm" file. Also, after converting it, you need to make sure the music has a size smaller or equal to the file you want to replace.

Then, on your sd card, open the "luma" folder and create a new folder called "titles". Download this zip file with the pre-compiled code.bin files for the latest version of each game (V 1.1): http://www.mediafire.com/file/ia9u3328q68uu33/V1.1_SM_Patches_for_SaltySD.zip. Inside, you should have 2 folders, one named "Outlines" and another named "No Outlines". Select which one you prefer and copy its contents (both folders have the patches for both games).

After that, just make a folder called "SaltySD" on the root of your sd card, and make a folder named "SunMoon" inside. Then, make a folder named "data" inside of it, and and another folder named "sound" inside of the data folder "data". Then, just drag inside the bcstm file with the name of the music you want to replace. (for example, if you want to change the music for random encounters, you have to name it "bgm_nj_vs_norapoke.dspadpcm.bcstm"). To test it out, you can try this music I used to replace the random encounter music: http://www.mediafire.com/file/c8q41ushk8jab5o/bgm_nj_vs_norapoke.dspadpcm.bcstm(the music is called "Veorra - Change").

I hope it works for you. If you are having trouble, just ask!

P.S. You must have the latest version of luma3ds for this to work. Just use the luma updater to check for updates.
I downloaded the music file but didn't work for me and I have hombrew and cfw installed on my 2ds plz help

CGNetwork

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Folks! I know a fix to the save redirection issue for some of you are having on SaltySD to work.

Step 1: Disable game patching on your Luma3DS Settings, and then press Start to save configuration and reboot.
Step 2: Once the 3DS family system is rebooted, launch either the physical copy of Pokemon Sun or Pokemon Moon. (Or digital download if you have them installed to the SD Card through eShop)
Step 3: Delete the corrupted save file from by pressing Up+X+B simultaneously as soon as the title screen appears.
Step 4: Start a new game and immediately save at the bedroom of your character's house ingame after viewing the very first cutscene of the main story.
Step 5: Press the Home Button and close the software completely by tapping the "Close" button on the touch screen or pressing X.
Step 6: Launch JKSM if you have it installed. If you don't have it, you will have to find it floating on the interwebz for its latest version, so do that beforehand.
Step 7: Once you have JKSM launched, Go to Cartridge, then go to Save Data Options, then choose Export Save. (If you have the digital download copy of either version, you can go to SD/CIA, then pick either of them that way through a list of games and apps stored in the SD Card or Micro SD Card if you are using N3DS/N3DSXL before choosing Save Data Options, and then picking Export Save.)
Step 8: Once you chose Export Save, select "New", type in the word "main". Press A when finished. It will store the new save file on JKSM's own separate folder stored in your SD Card as it is exported successfully. It takes around one second to export the save data. A message will show saying "Complete!", press A to continue. Exit JKSM.
Step 9: Turn off your 3DS completely, then eject the SD Card or Micro SD Card. Insert the SD Card or insert the Micro SD Card into the Adapter and insert that into your computer.
Step 10: On the root of your SD Card, go to the JKSV folder, then go to the Saves folder, then go to Pokemon_Moon or Pokemon_Sun folder, double click the folder that says "main", and you will see your new savefile for the corresponding version you want SaltySD to overwrite.
Step 11: Copy that new savefile and paste it onto this path "sd root (meaning the drive letter of your SD Card automatically set to):\saltysd\SunMoon\". Make sure that the savefile is corresponding to the game's own internal savefile to have it completely matched. Sun's "main" savefile on SD for Sun physical/digital, Moon's "main" savefile on SD for Moon physical/digital. PLEASE DO NOT MISMATCH THE SUN OR MOON "main" SAVEFILE FOR THE WRONG VERSION; doing so will corrupt the save and you'll have to start the whole process over.
Step 12: Eject the SD card/MicroSD card safely and reinsert it to your 3DS.
Step 13: Hold the Select Button before pressing Power. Keep it held for the system to boot into Luma3DS Settings.
Step 14: In the Luma Settings, enable game patching, and then press start to save configuration to reboot.
Step 15: Once your 3DS is rebooted, launch Pokemon Sun or Pokemon Moon.
Step 16: Once you have launched Pokemon Sun or Pokemon Moon with the SaltySD patches applied, load up your internal save file. Try overwriting the "main" save if it already has existed. If it works for the correct version you are on, then you did it successfully as you now have an overwritable "main" save file. If it didn't work, then you must have did something wrong to miss a step. Go back from the start and work your way up to resolve whatever you screw up to get it working.

This is the proper way to make an OVERWRITABLE save file for Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon. Hope this mini-guide will be of use to you.

AntiMach

Trophies
Website
mach.bot.nu
XP
Country
Portugal
I downloaded the music file but didn't work for me and I have hombrew and cfw installed on my 2ds plz help
Did you the ".bcstm" music file inside the "SaltySD/SunMoon/data/sound" folder on your sd card? And do you have the patches on the "luma/titles" folder (make sure you have the latest nightly build for that. Just update it using the luma3ds updater and install the latest hourly version, not the normal). And, is the "Game patching" option selected on the luma3ds settings? Just to make sure.

Also, could you take some screenshots of the files in the sd card (the root, the "luma/title" directory and the "SaltySD/SunMoon/data/sound" directory)

AlexRodriguez_2020

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you the ".bcstm" music file inside the "SaltySD/SunMoon/data/sound" folder on your sd card? And do you have the patches on the "luma/titles" folder (make sure you have the latest nightly build for that. Just update it using the luma3ds updater and install the latest hourly version, not the normal). And, is the "Game patching" option selected on the luma3ds settings? Just to make sure.

Also, could you take some screenshots of the files in the sd card (the root, the "luma/title" directory and the "SaltySD/SunMoon/data/sound" directory)
Can I pm u so u can completely guide me on how to add custom music plz I have Facebook so I can message u there thank u.

AlexRodriguez_2020

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Can u give a link for Pokémon sun custom music website

AlexRodriguez_2020

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Attachments

• IMG_0011.JPG
    IMG_0011.JPG
    1,012 KB · Views: 218
  • IMG_0011.JPG
    IMG_0011.JPG
    1,012 KB · Views: 196

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Damn auto bots not pissing oil at o' rileys
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Megatron "Prime why throw away your life!" Prime "How do I think I got these gold rims!!!"
    Autobots roll some blunts and smoke out!
    Channel 69 news "Last night someone stole several cars and a semi truck loaded with drugs from the police impound lot!"
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i'mma @ juan in the joke thread and say "hey juan i call your mom dwayne the way she rock my johnson"
    Prowl was the autobots inside man... lol
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Is GBAtemp being a sluggish turd for anyone else today, or just me..?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Goku likes to flip the bean to get others healthy
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, No, works fine.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hope your weekend's great. :)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    My friend found this the other day. Courtesy of @Kaoid
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Sylveon popping out of a DS lite.
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    pretty decent considering
    +1
    just under 2 weeks orso before the new harddrive arrives
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @DinohScene, How's that hard drive recovery project going?
    which one
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @DinohScene, You mentioned that you have a new hard drive coming.
    yeh in 2 weeks orso
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Do you have a NAS storage?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    illmatic
    39 TB server
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @DinohScene, Jeezus. 39TB sounds like a significant investment of time.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @DinohScene, Jeezus. 39TB sounds like a significant investment of time.