Gaming Pokemon Sun and Moon cartridges are out!!!!

D

Deleted-19228

What gets to me the most is the lack of exploration, you literally can only go in a straight line. Even when you get to a new town or area there are parts blocked off because of the story. And the game literally holds your hand the whole way. I mean I get that Pokemon is for all ages but not even kids like to be patronised

This isn't anything new. They always prevent you from continuing until you've completed current stuff.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
What gets to me the most is the lack of exploration, you literally can only go in a straight line. Even when you get to a new town or area there are parts blocked off because of the story. And the game literally holds your hand the whole way. I mean I get that Pokemon is for all ages but not even kids like to be patronised

sure they do.
its not like the older games didn't do that.
wheter the road block is a bunch of psyduck with headaches you just can't bring yourself to attack or like a guy telling you to do something else first, a tree you can't remove before you fight gym leader X or a body of water you first need to visit the safari zone, doesn't really make a difference.

r00t09

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
so i changed the date of my 3ds yesterday because somehow it wasn't right and now the festival plaza doesnt work anymore, everything says closed for today :(

D

Deleted User

sure they do.
its not like the older games didn't do that.
wheter the road block is a bunch of psyduck with headaches you just can't bring yourself to attack or like a guy telling you to do something else first, a tree you can't remove before you fight gym leader X or a body of water you first need to visit the safari zone, doesn't really make a difference.
I didn't mean obvious blockages to stop sequence breaking, in the other Pokemon games you could explore a town and check out whats ahead to a certain degree. S/M block off parts of town and force you to do a cutscene instead of letting me at least go see whats up ahead before I want to continue the story.

I'm not wording it well give me a break I'm tired :P , I'm not saying this game is a complete overhaul. The point I'm trying to make is that they've amped up the hand holding with little motive to go forward. There's too many cutscenes/story locked areas and not enough exploring.

D

Deleted User

I don't know whether its because I'm playing the game at like 3am or what, but I'm just not invested to the story at all. I just want to go forward and complete the island trial but first I have to go through these drawn out cutscenes I can't skip with some socially inept blonde girl whining. I just want to be the very best, maybe deal with some thugs, not get intertwined in some moral heavy story (unless its lighter like B/W and X/Y did, it was a perfect balance)

Reactions: aldrinballado

hacksn5s4

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
You can only fish in certain spots no catching non aloan legendarys until bank

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I don't know whether its because I'm playing the game at like 3am or what, but I'm just not invested to the story at all. I just want to go forward and complete the island trial but first I have to go through these drawn out cutscenes I can't skip with some socially inept blonde girl whining. I just want to be the very best, maybe deal with some thugs, not get intertwined in some moral heavy story (unless its lighter like B/W and X/Y did, it was a perfect balance)
Game also tells you what to do and go there's not really any puzzles

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

People who have not played it yet think it's the best Pokemon game wait until they play it

D

Deleted User

Game also tells you what to do and go there's not really any puzzles
I've said this before but I think that's because of Yokai Watch honestly, I think that about most of these spoon fed changes. In Japan Yokai Watch is actually a huge competitor and is a lot more simple. I feel GameFreak was pressured to make it easier. Honestly I don't even pay attention to my surrounds in game a lot of the time, I just follow my mini-map on my tauros

D

Deleted-19228

I think it's the greatest thing since sliced bread. I'm having a lot more fun than I have with previous generations.

HellaJvke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree with some of the above posts. S/M is extremely linear.
And the lvl curve makes the game unchallenging.
plus theres no way to rebattle trainers.

overall its a ton of fun though.

anyone know what pokeride can use strength to move those massive rock blocks>???

Reaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a faster dl speed even with VPN.

Same way
I see an NTR plug-in which I can't find for Sun and Hex Editing a .3ds, but since I have installed via .cia not sure if I can hex edit something already installed to the system.

hacksn5s4

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
All these changes such as no gyms no hms will probs not return it seems like this is it is an alola thing the trials would not suit regions based on other parts of the world the game also hints gen 4 remakes x and y hinted oras and sun and moon

Last edited by hacksn5s4,
D

Deleted-19228

All these changes such as no gyms no hms will probs not return it seems like this is it is an alola thing the trials would not suit regions based on other parts of the world the game also hints gen 4 remakes x and y hinted oras and sun and moon

Game hints more at a Kanto remake than anything. Your character came from there. Kukui came from there. Kanto helped to found the Alola region...

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Game hints more at a Kanto remake than anything. Your character came from there. Kukui came from there. Kanto helped to found the Alola region...
Red and Blue, Prof. Oak's cousin, Alolan forms. If this isn't a hint at something, then I don't know what it.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
so i changed the date of my 3ds yesterday because somehow it wasn't right and now the festival plaza doesnt work anymore, everything says closed for today :(

thats in almost all games with timed events.
sadly, you just have to wait.

thats right, i'm pretty sure hms will be back.
I've said this before but I think that's because of Yokai Watch honestly, I think that about most of these spoon fed changes. In Japan Yokai Watch is actually a huge competitor and is a lot more simple. I feel GameFreak was pressured to make it easier. Honestly I don't even pay attention to my surrounds in game a lot of the time, I just follow my mini-map on my tauros
well thats kinda your own fault, isn't it? you don't have too look at the bottom screen or ignore the top one entirely.

Reactions: owek1

owek1

Master Sword Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

im a fan of yo-kai watch 1&2 and played a bit of the Japanese 3, heard about the third version for YW2 coming anytime soon being localized, i love how level 5 does it..

it may be simple and feel like you're being spoonfed and seem linear but you could do nearly what you want and accept quests and feel you accomplished something and even be rewarded even without continuing yet with the main story, plus favours NPCs ask you.. there's just a lot to do in the game and a lot of the map you could explore early in the game.

i've played since Yellow, Ruby and FireRed til now but i dunno, i was extremely excited with the game when it was announced i even preordered both versions Su/Mo but there's just something lacking i dunno what it is..anyway, il still play both versions and get their legendaries.. sorry, i just saw you mention yo-kai watch..

Reactions: Deleted User

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    AncientBoi's minding his own business.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ancientboi is the one in the middle of that old grandpa photo
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Meatspin is Kens desktop background lol
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yes uremum didn't tell me about her transition and begged me to make it my background
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I couldn't hurt his or hers feelings
  • TechieSaru tempBOT:
    TechieSaru has joined the room.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Don't ask him where to get lemonade. ;)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Psi fondles big red lemons to make lemonaides
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Always wanting my lemons he can't have them
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Jeb stole bigonyas pants
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Jokes on you, I don't have any on.... "Cause I'm free.... Free ballin'"
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Sounds like you and AncientBoi get along together TOO well.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Thank God we are 20 states away from each tho. Kenny's almost neighbors with him.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I live in kc you dingus
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok still closer to him than me, perv boi
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not to mention you guys share the same last name.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I thought you were Mrs.bigboi
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh twice divorced, I took my maiden name
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mrs. bigancientboi?
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ms. now, We divorced.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd keep the Mrs. He's got more years on you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The end of this game, in the house, is like Texas chainsaw massacre house, is crazy. I just gotta find Chris n kill him.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: The end of this game, in the house, is like Texas chainsaw massacre house, is crazy. I just...