ROM Hack Pokémon Sacred Gold & Storm Silver

holyherald

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, guys, I probably owe you an explanation/apology given I did promise an update and I've still yet to deliver.

At risk of people getting annoyed, I put the SG/SS update on hold (i.e. it's not cancelled, just delayed) because I wanted to make a start on Blaze Black 2 and Volt White 2. That ended up being wanting to finish them, which I have almost nearly done now. There's still some minor things I need to do such as change a couple item sprites and pieces of text, but on the whole it's finished. I've tested the main game on Normal mode on Black 2, but I've not yet tested White 2 (which has a couple differences) nor Challenge Mode, so there may be some things I still need to change. I still don't really know whether I should release it before or after the English release. I was leaning towards after, but then again it's exactly the same game in both regions apart from the text anyway. I'd probably appreciate some opinions, basically whether I should release immediately or wait a couple months. If I do wait until the English one is out, it'll probably be out in October. Otherwise, I'll release it combined with the English patch ProjectPokémon are doing, assuming I'm allowed to do so.

Oh, and just to clarify, the SG/SS update is still happening regardless.

Here's a couple screenshots I got... B2W2 spoilers to a degree even though they're all of stuff only in the hack, so if you haven't already played B2W2 look at your own risk. The English is, of course, not official.
BixnX.png
2vmWk.png
7skDJ.png
HXWNi.png
C5w0I.png
uBrei.png
qK4PO.png
EC2c1.png
GX77p.png
j96Qi.png
FGyi7.png
cky4O.png
NqCW8.png
hJhgC.png
nfvv4.png
Dc0rR.png
VQr0O.png
yf3XP.png
D92DV.png
STIr0.png
2y7uG.png

Now for the four odd pages of replies I haven't said anything to yet...

Michael, I've noticed you posting a couple times in my threads, so nice to have a regular fan! Or something. If you did actually try SGSS as a nuzlocke, how did it go?

thesmeedge - This flag resetting thing is really, really weird... I still have no idea what's causing it exactly as it hasn't happened to me once. The most common report I've heard is it being a result of entering the Union Room, but it doesn't sound like you did that in between losing to Jasmine and saving. I don't think I know a solution to this... I only wish I knew what was causing it. You might need to restart outright. :/

WillPaschall - If you still have the freezing issue, it's because your SGSS version is incredibly outdated. Try updating to 1.05 and see if it works.

Travex - Yeah, the RNG is interesting. 4th/5th gen seems to set it at the start of a turn; the most you can generally do to change it is to waste turns by switching or something. I guess it rolls specific numbers at the start of each turn, and there's no way you can change them. I assume on the other hand 3rd gen rolls them as you do actions. Though as I got later into the thread I read Cerberus's post... I guess that explains it, heh.

hi its me - The DeepSeaScale should've been on the beach near the Embedded Tower, yeah. Unless you happen to have picked up the one in Kanto already (I think the one in Route 19/20 or whatever and the Route 47 one use the same flag... I better change that) then I dunno why it's not showing up.

pokemonlovergpp - The $0 thing is a result of the trainer class Lyra has having 0 money. I've yet to figure out how to mess with the trainer classes so I'll have to leave that as $0 for now. I got your PM about Red's team also; I was considering just using a Stadium 2 team but that might work too. I will see about it. And no, I've yet to fix the Celebi event. Though, if you just mean the freeze that happens during it, then I'll have it fixed when I release V2. It'll be very easy to fix I believe. If you mean getting it to work with any Celebi then I don't really know how to do that; the script in Ilex Forest is HUGE so it's quite hard to identify things.

Chaosruler - Steven does seem to have some issues with his script order locking the Latis out... bit annoying, I might need to change that a little bit. The Mew issue is only with R4, and I still have no idea why that happens. I'll change it up for next release. The full heals is known and will be fixed.

aznamericansun - Glad to hear the problem got fixed. And uhh... guess I wasn't looking when I filled in the rest of "Night" in PPRE. It'll be fixed.

holyherald - Whoops. Will be fixed.

moshbear - Yeah, I've known about the Mantyke glitch; it's an issue with how PPRE reads and saves it. It's fixable easily enough, just had to delve into hex to do so. At the moment it'll evolve when a Voltorb is in the party. (For some reason the box next to that evo method reaches a max of 100, so when it reads the "458" value it instead puts it at 100, and then when that's saved it changes it to 100, i.e. Voltorb's index number.)

Ereht - Oh, I guess it's not just R4 the Mew glitch occurs on then...

Cilerba - That's actually not too bad an idea. I'll definitely consider it. Just to clarify, Electrode have their own overworld sprites, they aren't regular Poké Ball sprites so changing them won't be an issue.

pkmnlovergpp (again) - I've heard that Silver is a little bit more stable, but I don't know for sure.

Michael (again) - To be honest I don't think making these are that hard, it just takes a lot of free time, which I (luckily..?) have. =p But thanks for the defense.

NicoElson - That might be an issue with the anti piracy patch actually stopping you playing. Unless you know what I mean by change out the arm9.bin file for the original one there's not much I can say for this one.

JonNorth - The fishing bug is well known already. I know what's causing it, but it's a bit of a pain to fix. For the record, it only happens at night.

jdthebud - Oh yeah, I forgot Qwilfish randomly lost Swords Dance in the later gens. Sure, I can do that.

Cilerba (again) - Haha, thanks. I have no idea what possessed me to actually go through with the swarm idea (a friend jokingly suggested a swarm of Shellder in Fuchsia and I went for it) but it came out well, imo.

burke - I'd like to, the Big Win music from MD Sky would've been nice. :/ But thank you for noticing the Easter egg! Also, in response to your music comment, the problem isn't inserting the music so much (although that is a bit of an issue in itself, due to soundfonts - this is an example of why it'd need some editing - but actually getting it to play in the correct places. I have a feeling it'd need ASM hacking which I unfortunately don't really understand. :x I'd love the music for Steven, Cynthia and Arceus if nothing else, but I have zero idea on how to get it to actually play.

moshbear (again) - If I'm not mistaken it actually occurs everywhere in the game.

Clyde - Guess the top of this post answered that question, heh. I'd estimate it about ~50-60% done as far as fixing bugs/making changes has gone, though it still needs some further work. With any luck I'll get it out by the end of the month but I do apologise for so many delays. I have no idea where the hell the last two months went... 'sides from when I was working on BB2VW2, of course. Looking at the date, might've spent longer on that than I realised...

Bidoofguy - Might've forgot to save the ability probably. It'll be fixed.

Rabbel - Yeah, the order is changed and you have to go through the Olivine route first now. Kind of needed to do it to stop the levels being so nerfed.

Keldeo - Thanks, I guess. =P I'd like to hope BB2VW2 will top it, though the lack of events might make that a little difficult... Okay, I await your reports. Or rather, don't. I don't need more bugs! ;

Thanx Drayno, Claydol is a bro and I hate using HM slaves, so I was looking foward to not having a flying type on my team. Thank you, keep up the fantastic work, and I'm looking foward to the update (take your time, we can wait :))

Abbrea

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Guys, I'm having a problem at Brocks gym. I talk to him, he says what he says then it just freezes before battle- white screen. It's happened every time..

DiogoCosta

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Arrow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

swiftgallade46

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
what's with the random lady in Olivine Pokemon Center? She says 'Kimono Girl in front of Dance Theater?" and I said "No." and she said "Flags Set." and disappeared. I went to the Dance Theater and nothing's changed... ...did I do something wrong? What's her purpose?

swiftgallade46

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Guys, I'm having a problem at Brocks gym. I talk to him, he says what he says then it just freezes before battle- white screen. It's happened every time..
1.) What form of emulation are u using? (ie. DeSmuME, No$GBA, Ackard2, R4 etc.) and what version?
2.) Do you have the latest version of SG/SS? The latest 1.5, if you dont have it then dwnload it on page one of this thread.
3.) Don't use cheat codes. There are some that are okay but for the most part I've realized that they are the causes of most of themajor freezes and glitches of this hack. Simply disable them and see if it works.
Hope this helped.

Uzigunner

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
Hey there man, it's me, the thing is I can't access youtube now, meaning permenantly so I couldn't read your full comment on youtube so with that being said I don't know what u told me and all but I have no issues with u whatsever so if u by any chance visit GBA temp anytime u will find my explanation. Like I said even though I met u a few months back, my support towards u will always be like that of a long time friend or fan. I really hope u read this comment Dray cus this will explain everything.

Wiibo

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
hei there, i have a problem in olivine city where u are being asked to trade a electabuzz, but when i select it the girl said that i dont have electabuzz, is this a bug or something? sorry my bad english >.<

swiftgallade46

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
is it possible to play this on a flashcart?
Yes, i play it on R4 but on R4 when you talk to mew on his event, the game freezes ''/
mmmkay... i use an acekard 2i.. do you know if there is some major bugs on there?
Yes it is possible to play on acekard. there are glitches on every type of emulation b/c thats just the nature of hg/ss ROMs buy for the most part everything is fine. For a list of specific bugs go to the first post on this thread.

zeyu6

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
is it possible to play this on a flashcart?
Yes, i play it on R4 but on R4 when you talk to mew on his event, the game freezes ''/

mmmkay... i use an acekard 2i.. do you know if there is some major bugs on there?
I'm playing this on Acekard 2i and am having problems loading AR codes... Whenever I try to load them the cart just freezes, no flashing sd card symbol etc (I swear I've added the cheats with the correct game ID to the database). But apart from that no issues.

swiftgallade46

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
@Drayano
More minor bugs to report: The boulders that were next to Arianna during the takeover of the Safari Zone never leave, and when you talk to the guy that sells Moomoo Milk after curing his Miltank, the options he gives you are a mixture of question marks and Japanese (or Chinese idk) characters. Also, the Stone Plate keeps returning to its original spot allowing you to obtain as many as you want. And idk if this was on purpose or not but the TM Flash u get from the Blissey in the Poemon Center near Dark Cave on Route 11 can be obtained infinitely as well.
When you battle Young Couple Moe and Lulu on the Route to the left of Lavender Town, (forget which it is) it says "Young Couple ?????????????????????????

theferbear

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a very annoying question which I feel is quite common and noobish but I have searched this thread and the internet and have been unable to find a solution. I have no problem patching or loading the game and I changed the settings so I am able to save. The problem came when I closed the emulator (no$gba) and tried to open my save filed. I got the "A communication error has occured" screen. Now I was able to play Blaze Black no problem with the same settings and by inputting the code, but for whatever reason I am unable to solve this problem. I downloaded the ROM from emuparadise as instructed. Did I forget to change one of the emulator settings? I changed the save type 512kb (which obviously allowed me to save in the first place...) but I must be missing something else. I would appreciate some and sorry if this has been answered a million times before--as I said I did some searching prior to this. Thanks :)

swiftgallade46

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have a very annoying question which I feel is quite common and noobish but I have searched this thread and the internet and have been unable to find a solution. I have no problem patching or loading the game and I changed the settings so I am able to save. The problem came when I closed the emulator (no$gba) and tried to open my save filed. I got the "A communication error has occured" screen. Now I was able to play Blaze Black no problem with the same settings and by inputting the code, but for whatever reason I am unable to solve this problem. I downloaded the ROM from emuparadise as instructed. Did I forget to change one of the emulator settings? I changed the save type 512kb (which obviously allowed me to save in the first place...) but I must be missing something else. I would appreciate some and sorry if this has been answered a million times before--as I said I did some searching prior to this. Thanks :)
make sure the save file is listed in your Battery Folder as "SacredGold.sav" (or "StormSilver.sav") also, I don't recall you needing to apply any codes for sg/ss so it might be causing a problem if you're using one....see if that works, but if not, then you may want to try another form of emulation such as DeSmuME or an Acekard if you have one. Those emulators typically have more easily understood saving involved. (or at least that's what I think) oh and one other thing, make sure you are using a clean Heart Gold or Soul Silver ROM from emuparadise. It cannot already have the anti-piracy patch applied. Hope this helps!
Next a suggestion (i know i have a lot of these lol): I think the pokemon offered in the Celadon Game Corner should be Eevee, Rotom, and Beldum. Only because u can already find Metang and Tyrogue in the Wild with the Pastoral Sound and many people want multiple Rotom for there forms and Beldum because the only other one u can get is nicknamed which some people may not like. Also, you can make Shellos East Sea available by putting in Glodenrod Game Corner in place of Tangela since it's already commonly wild.

theferbear

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got it to work! I think my problem was that I downloaded the ROM from * a well-known ROM site but I used one of the links rather than directly from the site. Perhaps my ROM already had the anti-piracy patch applied. Whatever the case I got it to work--thanks.

theferbear

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well...it was working. I have no problem saving or loading my game but now it is crashing a lot and it finally reverted me back to my original save which was at the very beginning of the game. Shouldn't that have been taken care of with the anti-piracy patch that has already been applied to the patch? Why can't I just get it figured out?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu