ROM Hack Pokémon Sacred Gold & Storm Silver

Drayano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
You should be able to finish the game without too much crashing, but there's potential crashing on Route 47, as well as more dependent on what you use to play them. You'll be able to complete the game though, definitely. At least as far as the Johto/Kanto arcs go.

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i found a messed up bug. in the sarfari zone were you have to go to the pokemon center and talk to nurse she turns out to be a rocket so yeah... and also when you doubles battle with riley vs grunt and rocket EX. i lost then i was forced back to the pokemon center. and my pokmeon were healed by no one? like no nurse sprite i just wanted to give you the heads up.

TheRuinedKing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just stumbled upon this hack today and am enjoying it immensely. I do have a few questions. 1. Are the Pikachu-Colored Pichu/Spikey-Eared Pichu in this? As wild/events/anything? 2. Does catching Celebi activate the Silver/Giovanni subplot? aaand 3. I noticed it earlier in the thread, is there a problem with Gracidea? Does this mean I'll be unable to make Shaymin Sky Forme?

amazingwilly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Dray,

I am in love with this remake of soul silver.

I love the challenges in the game and the extra events, but I have encountered a few problems.

1) At the front of the safari zone team rocket grunt prevent me from entering the building.
2) Doexy event or battle crashes the game
3)I caught regirock, and I go to the places where ice and steel supposed to be but the arent showing up.
4) I wasnt able to get mesprit and company event to come up.
5)The mew event; when I talk to it it freezes the game.

Ill check what other bugs there are.

Prancer

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hey Dray I have a problem with the game and I hope you can help me.
I'm playing storm silver on my m3i zero card and the game ran smoothly until i beat whitney.
Now the game freezes every minute, it doesn't matter where i am. I really like this game and I would be glad if I could play it more, but right now the game is unplayable.

moshbear

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just stumbled upon this hack today and am enjoying it immensely. I do have a few questions. 1. Are the Pikachu-Colored Pichu/Spikey-Eared Pichu in this? As wild/events/anything? 2. Does catching Celebi activate the Silver/Giovanni subplot? aaand 3. I noticed it earlier in the thread, is there a problem with Gracidea? Does this mean I'll be unable to make Shaymin Sky Forme?

The first one will require pokesav in order to add the proper pichu (forme + shiny + fateful encounter) to the party.
For the second and third ones, use pokesave to set the Fateful Encounter bit. This turns the caught Celebi into an event one; ditto for Shaymin. As Dray said, he is unable to currently make Celebi and Shaymin fateful encunters so pokesav is required for activating the Celebi quest and Goldrenrod Gracidea.

HG/SS pokesav works, but you need to use a hex editor for modifying the quantities of certain items, such as the Covenant Orb and SG/SS-specific key items. The save file is little-endian and CRC checking is used for validation, so open & save in pokesav to recalculate the section CRC, or you'll get a corrupt save message when starting the game.

Update: while Fateful Encounter Celebi works, the game freezes when it gets to the room in Tojoh Falls with Giovanni in it. (1.05, desmume 0.98, cheats disabled)

amazingwilly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The first one will require pokesav in order to add the proper pichu (forme + shiny + fateful encounter) to the party.
For the second one, the caught Celebi is neither a fateful encounter one nor does it have the identifiers of being an event one - the caught Celebi need modification in pokesav in order to trigger the Silver/Giovanni quest.
For the third one, use pokesav to set the caught Shaymin's Fateful Encounter bit. The Gracidea can be acquired as usual then.

In short, use pokesav to modify existing pokemon for (2) and (3) and import for (1).

HG/SS pokesav works, but you need to use a hex editor for modifying the quantities of certain items, such as the Covenant Orb and SG/SS-specific key items. The save file is little-endian and CRC checking is used for validation, so open & save in pokesav to recalculate the section CRC, or you'll get a corrupt save message when starting the game.

gdaniels18

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, what do you guys recommend to play the hack on? I have an Acekard2i, but the latest firmware causes random black screens. I heard that Akaio 1.6rc1 would run it well, but cheats don't seem to work on it (Anything doing with cheats--even clicking on the option in the menu, causes the acekard to freeze), and I really want to run the cheats that speed up the gameplay.

Just having a hard time finding a stable platform to game this on. Thanks.

gamerish

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't seem to get any responses to this so I'll post it here:

I'm using a Mac and would like to patch Heart Gold with the Sacred Gold patch but I can't get it to work with DS Rom Patcher which is the only DS patcher for Mac I can find. The command line script reads as shown below:

unknownd8a25e95254d:~ name$ /Users/name/Documents/My\ Stuff/Computer\ Stuff/DS\ Stuff/DS_Rom_Patcher/Rom_Patcher ; exit;
Patcher Coded by _Retro_
usage: dirname path
ls: /Rom/*.nds: No such file or directory
ls: /Patch/*.*: No such file or directory
/Users/name/Documents/My Stuff/Computer Stuff/DS Stuff/DS_Rom_Patcher/Rom_Patcher: line 7: /xdelta3: No such file or directory
logout

[Process completed]

I have the .nds file in the ROM folder and the .patch file in the patch folder like the instructions say - I also renamed both of them to SacredGold so that they had the same title with no spaces. There's a .nfo file that comes with it and I've tried putting it in both folder to no avail. There's also a xdelta3 file in the main DS Rom Patcher folder and I've tried putting that in both folders and it didn't work. I got it to work with the Volt White patch, but I can't for the life of me remember how I did it. I did find a pre-patched version but it keeps freezing at random places. Also, the only video with instructions on how to use DS ROM Patcher has been set to private so I can't view it.

Thanks!

TroySeanPinedaBo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP

I'm using a Mac and would like to patch Heart Gold with the Sacred Gold patch but I can't get it to work with DS Rom Patcher which is the only DS patcher for Mac I can find. The command line script reads as shown below:

unknownd8a25e95254d:~ name$ /Users/name/Documents/My\ Stuff/Computer\ Stuff/DS\ Stuff/DS_Rom_Patcher/Rom_Patcher ; exit;
Patcher Coded by _Retro_
/Users/name/Documents/My Stuff/Computer Stuff/DS Stuff/DS_Rom_Patcher/Rom_Patcher: line 7: /xdelta3: No such file or directory
logout

[Process completed]

I have the .nds file in the ROM folder and the .patch file in the patch folder like the instructions say - I also renamed both of them to SacredGold so that they had the same title with no spaces. There's a .nfo file that comes with it and I've tried putting it in both folder to no avail. There's also a xdelta3 file in the main DS Rom Patcher folder and I've tried putting that in both folders and it didn't work. I got it to work with the Volt White patch, but I can't for the life of me remember how I did it. I did find a pre-patched version but it keeps freezing at random places. Also, the only video with instructions on how to use DS ROM Patcher has been set to private so I can't view it.

Thanks!
why dont you just download the pre-patched game ? dray has one :yaynds:

moshbear

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Patcher Coded by _Retro_
logout

[Process completed]

Thanks!
Find a mac binary of xdelta and use that for patching.

In Terminal, do
Code:
$/path/to/xdelta /path/to/patch.xdelta /path/to/original.nds /path/to/patched.nds

amazingwilly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question.

Are you able to trade or battle with people who have the normal ss or hg? Like it wont cause problems in either game.

Also am I able to use pokegen without the game messing up?

Cause I will restart my game to see if the problem happens again.

TheRuinedKing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've noticed that you've changed Joey's speech. I... well... quite frankly... I don't know how well my journey through Johto is going to be without Joey's constant reminding of how powerful his Rattata is. What's my motivation here? Catch Arceus? Psh. It's supposed to be to defeat Joey. What have you done? How EXACTLY am I supposed to go on from here, SIR!? /sobs

Drayano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
i found a messed up bug. in the sarfari zone were you have to go to the pokemon center and talk to nurse she turns out to be a rocket so yeah... and also when you doubles battle with riley vs grunt and rocket EX. i lost then i was forced back to the pokemon center. and my pokmeon were healed by no one? like no nurse sprite i just wanted to give you the heads up.
You still get healed in that center when you haven't even healed here? Well, that's weird o_o Not sure what I can do to counter that one...
hey dray ! im using no$gba by the way . will it crash frequently ? you're awesome man . you should make ur own pokemon game :lol: fvck nintendo :hateit:
no$ does tend to see frequent crashes unless you've done all the settings correctly. The patch is meant to make it work perfectly on no$ but most people still seem to have problems to some degree.

Heh, as fun as it would be, I lack all the skills necessary. I can't do artwork for a start.

Hey Dray,

I am in love with this remake of soul silver.

I love the challenges in the game and the extra events, but I have encountered a few problems.

1) At the front of the safari zone team rocket grunt prevent me from entering the building.
2) Doexy event or battle crashes the game
3)I caught regirock, and I go to the places where ice and steel supposed to be but the arent showing up.
4) I wasnt able to get mesprit and company event to come up.
5)The mew event; when I talk to it it freezes the game.

Ill check what other bugs there are.

I've heard of a couple of these happening on R4; the fifth one definitely seems to happen on R4 for some reason even though it works totally fine on other things, and the first is a weird problem I've also heard of occurring that I think happens regardless, though again I'm not sure why as the flag shouldn't be being reset...

As for 2, 3 and 4, I have no idea why those aren't working. First time I've heard of anyone having problems with those...
Hey, what do you guys recommend to play the hack on? I have an Acekard2i, but the latest firmware causes random black screens. I heard that Akaio 1.6rc1 would run it well, but cheats don't seem to work on it (Anything doing with cheats--even clicking on the option in the menu, causes the acekard to freeze), and I really want to run the cheats that speed up the gameplay.

Just having a hard time finding a stable platform to game this on. Thanks.
DeSmuME should do the trick if you're able to handle it, although there's a minor glitch that happens now and then that forces you to save and reset. On the whole, quite stable, though.
I have a question.

Are you able to trade or battle with people who have the normal ss or hg? Like it wont cause problems in either game.

Also am I able to use pokegen without the game messing up?

Cause I will restart my game to see if the problem happens again.
I think you can trade/battle to a degree, although it might have issues with different types and whatnot. I forgot the specifics...
PokéGen should work fine, the save file structure hasn't changed.
i think i've found a bug . when u try to buy a moomoo milk the options are in japanese . its just a simple bug XD
Yeah, it's known. Although, I don't think it's Japanese so much as random gibberish =P I haven't actually seen it myself, but I saw a screenshot of it and I don't think it was anything readable...
I've noticed that you've changed Joey's speech. I... well... quite frankly... I don't know how well my journey through Johto is going to be without Joey's constant reminding of how powerful his Rattata is. What's my motivation here? Catch Arceus? Psh. It's supposed to be to defeat Joey. What have you done? How EXACTLY am I supposed to go on from here, SIR!? /sobs
I did? I don't remember doing that. :x

Findec

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey, not really a bug but kinda annoying: since you removed Flash form Golden Rod, you cant get a new one. I learned mine for the dark cave and after that i unlearned it.
Now I noticed I need flash too for the Whirl Islands.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/Tt5J7AfCK6E?si=g4dGzOkhACLJAovM