ROM Hack Pokémon Sacred Gold & Storm Silver

jdthebud

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wheres the move deleter?
Top left house in Cianwood City - the Move Relearner is there too :)

Drayano, you really should put this information on the the front page and possibly in the documentation somewhere. Maybe put some dialogue or a sign somewhere in the game?

Also, you could make it easier to get the EV berries for those who like to use them - maybe put the Shard traders that are in Kanto somewhere in Johto? Or make them able to be picked up/given somewhere, especially the ones you can't get from the Shard traders (Tamato and Qualot iirc). I know Shards are hard to come by as well, so those could be found easier in the game instead of picking up berries.

Dahlos

Trophies
XP
Country
I found a bug yesterday.. The game froze when I talked to Mew. I have version 1.05 and I'm playing on a DSTT-flashcard.

amazingwilly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I made a facebook group for those who want to battle or trade using these games.
http://www.facebook.com/groups/170846629707212/

Drayano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh God, Its been a month since this hack was last updated D:

Edit- Will there be an update in the future?

Yeah, there will be at least one more update. Don't worry.

wheres the move deleter?
Top left house in Cianwood City - the Move Relearner is there too :)

Drayano, you really should put this information on the the front page and possibly in the documentation somewhere. Maybe put some dialogue or a sign somewhere in the game?

Also, you could make it easier to get the EV berries for those who like to use them - maybe put the Shard traders that are in Kanto somewhere in Johto? Or make them able to be picked up/given somewhere, especially the ones you can't get from the Shard traders (Tamato and Qualot iirc). I know Shards are hard to come by as well, so those could be found easier in the game instead of picking up berries.

I did have an NPC mention it ingame, but I was silly to expect people to actually talk to them, heh. I'll throw it in one of the docs.

Considering I might have to throw TMs out the mart to get the 'infinite' effect I'm looking for, the berries might make worthy replacements.

And it works fine on the Acekard afaik.

One thing I'm wondering for the Classic version is whether I should bother including the new level-up sets in B2W2. I'm gonna put them in the Complete version at any rate, but yeah.

Rokku

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I'll wait for the update, not because I'm afraid of bugs, but because the update will likely be even better. :D

snillos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hi dray, your hacks are really awesome! :yay:

i only played your hacks for a few days because i cant play by using emulators. im using r4 but having a problem with hg/ss because of the connection error.
i know its not because of the hack but do you know how to fix that?? :P

and just wanna ask also if there is an update for your hack and i patched a new sacred gold/storm silver, do i have to create new or i can still play my old save file?
thanks alot dray for your awesome hack!

wish you luck! :D :D

jdthebud

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did have an NPC mention it ingame, but I was silly to expect people to actually talk to them, heh. I'll throw it in one of the docs.

Considering I might have to throw TMs out the mart to get the 'infinite' effect I'm looking for, the berries might make worthy replacements.

And it works fine on the Acekard afaik.

One thing I'm wondering for the Classic version is whether I should bother including the new level-up sets in B2W2. I'm gonna put them in the Complete version at any rate, but yeah.
Well, I didn't talk to anyone who mentioned it, and I was trying to talk to everyone (ya know, explore a bit). And new movesets = awesome! I would only do it for Complete, since the Classic doesn't include egg moves at all right? Btw, does Aerodactyl learn Head Smash in this hack, or was that just for BB/VW?

moshbear

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Dray, have you changed the goldrendrod flower shop npc scripts so that it will give away a gracidea if any shaymin is in the front of the party, as opposed to just an event one?

Or has gracidea been reworked too and just omitted in "Important Item Locations.pdf"?

Drayano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
hi dray, your hacks are really awesome! :yay:

i only played your hacks for a few days because i cant play by using emulators. im using r4 but having a problem with hg/ss because of the connection error.
i know its not because of the hack but do you know how to fix that?? :P

and just wanna ask also if there is an update for your hack and i patched a new sacred gold/storm silver, do i have to create new or i can still play my old save file?
thanks alot dray for your awesome hack!

wish you luck! :D :D
Unfortunately, nope. I've heard of a lot of people getting this Comm Error thing but I don't know what's causing it.

The problem with hacking HGSS; you pick up all the bugs, too. ;~;
Well, I didn't talk to anyone who mentioned it, and I was trying to talk to everyone (ya know, explore a bit). And new movesets = awesome! I would only do it for Complete, since the Classic doesn't include egg moves at all right? Btw, does Aerodactyl learn Head Smash in this hack, or was that just for BB/VW?
Well, fair enough, though not everyone does. Hmm, maybe the text got overwritten or something, it was in Cianwood iirc. Well, it's not new so much as modernising by applying these, although I had to make some replacements/exclusions due to the 5th gen moves. But yeah, Classic so far has no changes at all to level up pools.

I think I took Head Smash out since I decided it was probably too ridiculous. I never actually tested it though, so idk.
Dray, have you changed the goldrendrod flower shop npc scripts so that it will give away a gracidea if any shaymin is in the front of the party, as opposed to just an event one?

Or has gracidea been reworked too and just omitted in "Important Item Locations.pdf"?
I don't think I changed it; the Gracidea itself won't work on a non Fateful Encounter Shaymin so it's not much use inside the game internally; I've yet to figure out how to make a Pokémon have Fateful Encounter when it's caught.

I could probably change it so you can get it for a completeness factor, but I doubt it'll be usable.

edit: I think I know how Platinum gets the Fateful Encounter but the script command doesn't work in HG/SS so it seems pretty much impossible. I have no idea how to change the Gracidea so it would work on every Shaymin...

Neglesh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Love your hacks and this looks REALLY nice!

I just finished your previous Heart Gold hack but I'm going to restart and try this one out!

Good work!

Silver688

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey can someone tell me where i get the item to evolve my Sneasel wo Weavile?
You need to acquire a Razor Claw. In HG/SS, it is available at the Battle Frontier for 48 BP.
Source: http://answers.yahoo...07134903AAQutWy

"The availability of items has been changed quite wildly in general; all evolution items and TMs are now available at least once prior to the first round of the Elite Four, meaning you can shape your team up quite well for what's not even the final challenge in the game!"

Thats why i asked, cause i couldnt find it anywhere...

moshbear

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The giving away of the King's Rock in Mahogany Town appears to be a one-time-only event, as opposed to the daily Sun/Moon stones in Olivine, which is somewhat disappointing since there's a good ten or so pokemon using it for evolution (off the top of my head, poliwhirl -> polytoed and slowpoke -> slowking).

Drayano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I guess I'll hopefully make an update soon, although silly me has already started planning for a B2W2 hack...

And Poliwhirl and Slowpoke are the only ones who use it for evolution. I've left the one in Slowpoke Well so there's two in the game by default.

Reactions: 1 person

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol