triassic911

Burst Mode
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
For DSONE users, does the game always freeze on you after beating Lance and after the League Champion congratulations scene? My game likes to freeze every now and then, but a quick reboot fixes it, but it always freezes after the congratulations scene no matter what i do.

Help is sorely needed. Thanks
Do you normally save in-game to finish your session of playing?

Yes, but i don't see if saving after sessions have to do with anything. If it helps I'm using a couple of cheats for the game. Only the hi speed processing and instant battle messaging.
Well have you tried beating Lance and letting it go to your house without the cheats?

jdthebud

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For DSONE users, does the game always freeze on you after beating Lance and after the League Champion congratulations scene? My game likes to freeze every now and then, but a quick reboot fixes it, but it always freezes after the congratulations scene no matter what i do.

Help is sorely needed. Thanks
Do you normally save in-game to finish your session of playing?

Yes, but i don't see if saving after sessions have to do with anything. If it helps I'm using a couple of cheats for the game. Only the hi speed processing and instant battle messaging.
I've had problems with resetting the game with the "Instant Message" and "HM animation cut" active. Everytime I reset (not close and reopen emulator) with those active, the rom crashes. I recommend turning off the messaging cheat, since the game resets after the Champion battle.

I use No$gba w/ the Zoomer, btw.

To Drayano:

I love this game! I've gotten up to defeating Jasmine Blackthorn City so far. I really wish you would let us get the Strength HM earlier though, since we can use it after beating Whitney, and we can't fully explore places like Burned Tower and the ruins of Alph without it. Any chance you can let us get it in Ecruteak or Olivine, and have the Hiker give away something else? A Hard Stone or something Hiker related? I like how the level flow is right now b/c of restricting access to Mahogony Town until after beating Jasmine, but I think Strength should be gotten earlier.

Also, I want to report a minor bug. Whenever I battled the Team Rocket Executives during the Safari Zone quest, they don't say anything right after you beat them (before the "(Player) gained $XXX for winning!" dialogue). It just went straight from "Rocket Executive Ariana was defeated!" to "Player got $3009 for winning!", with no dialogue in between.

Can you fix that at all? I am using the patched rom that I dled from your youtube channel.

One more thing. I am really glad you were able to get a good anti-pirating patch so the game actually works all the time without freezing and stuff. Where can I get a patch for the normal HG/SS rom

Dahlos

Trophies
XP
Country
Is there a bigger chance of getting Pokerus in this hack than in the normal games? I just noticed that I've got Pokerus on my Pokemon and I have never got it before in any other game. ^^ Sorry for my crappy english.. :P

seraphimon-sama9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This is a fantastic hack for a fantastic game. Although until a few minutes ago I never noticed the screenshot of the Champion Cynthia battle. Cynthia is actually my favourite Pokemon Trainer. I'm actually planning on doing a challenge through the PokeCommunity Forums on Storm Silver using Staraptor, Electivire, Rhyperior, Aggron, Poliwrath and Heatran. This challenge is also being done with another of Drayano's legendary hacks. I am, of course, talking about Pokemon Blaze Black.

JoaquimMp

Trophies
XP
are we supposed to give the metal coat to scyther to make him evolve in a scyzor, (because when i do that my game says that it wouldn't have any effect)

Drayano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Just another small thing I found. In Victory Road the first item that you can pick up is a Potion. Just a regular old Potion. Seems sorta useless when you're that high leveled by that point in the game. Perhaps it was supposed to be something else?
It was probably a Potion by default and I just didn't think of changing it; changing items on the ground tends to be a little bit of hassle. I'll see if I can change it to something else sometime.

I've just beaten Whitney, and it was tough, because all my Pokémon are males, and Attract was very annoying. Leafeon with Rock Smash, and Croconaw, making Stantler, her last Pokémon, flinch 5 times in a row with Bite, won me the battle.

I think found a mistake, a spelling mistake. In the house of the man that gives you Cut in the forest, before you beat Team Rocket, if you talk to the boy, he uses a capital letter where he shouldn't, he said something like SoMewhere, I don't remember exactly the word.

Another minor thing is that in the National Park, the trainer that had a Snubbull, and in your game has a Granbull, speaks about how cute her Snubbull is, yet she does not have Snubbull.

And there is something else, but this is a suggestion. Can you increase Chatot's catch rate? It's 30, and at the beginning of the game, in Sprout Tower, it's almost impossible to catch with Poké Balls.
Ah, yeah, there's a lot of of those sort of typos. Thanks for informing me. Hmm, that's another one of those lost continuity things. And, yeah, sure, that sounds fair enough.

Hey Dray, I joined because of this hack. It's the most fun I've had playing Pokemon in a long time (if not a little frustrating at times with the ridiculously high levels). I'm wondering if I found a bug. I didn't trigger the regis event with Cynthia prior to going all the way through Kanto up to beating the Elite 4 a second time. Now that I'm trying to get her to open up the regis, she'll only offer to take me to Sinjoh or battle me. I have the Lock Capsule and the Red Chain and I've already gotten the Sinnoh starters from her. I'm playing version 1.4 if that makes any difference.
It does indeed; that was a bug that got fixed in 1.05. I recommend an upgrade.

I think Drayano has been sucked in by B/W2. :ha:
What a guess, indeed I have ;-; Unless you've been following my YT channel, in which case it's pretty obvious.

I have problem. I have Electabuzz and go to house in Olivine City, where Ace Trainer girl have a Skarmory for Trading. I show her Electabuzz, but when show that text: "You dont'a have a Electabuzz? That's too bad, then." What's happen?
The trades were broken in an earlier update, you need to upgrade to the newest version.

I still don't get why Dray searched for "mew" instead of "MEW" when decapitalizing.
Silly mistake on my part.

the regi event is not activating for me. i have completed the red chain thing and caught all 6 pokemon except for arceus from that. i know only have options to battle cynthia or go to the ruins. the lock capsule hasnt been activated and the regi locations are empty

im using desmume and scared gold patch
Upgrade to 1.05.

I've had problems with resetting the game with the "Instant Message" and "HM animation cut" active. Everytime I reset (not close and reopen emulator) with those active, the rom crashes. I recommend turning off the messaging cheat, since the game resets after the Champion battle.

I use No$gba w/ the Zoomer, btw.

To Drayano:

I love this game! I've gotten up to defeating Jasmine Blackthorn City so far. I really wish you would let us get the Strength HM earlier though, since we can use it after beating Whitney, and we can't fully explore places like Burned Tower and the ruins of Alph without it. Any chance you can let us get it in Ecruteak or Olivine, and have the Hiker give away something else? A Hard Stone or something Hiker related? I like how the level flow is right now b/c of restricting access to Mahogony Town until after beating Jasmine, but I think Strength should be gotten earlier.

Also, I want to report a minor bug. Whenever I battled the Team Rocket Executives during the Safari Zone quest, they don't say anything right after you beat them (before the "(Player) gained $XXX for winning!" dialogue). It just went straight from "Rocket Executive Ariana was defeated!" to "Player got $3009 for winning!", with no dialogue in between.

Can you fix that at all? I am using the patched rom that I dled from your youtube channel.

One more thing. I am really glad you were able to get a good anti-pirating patch so the game actually works all the time without freezing and stuff. Where can I get a patch for the normal HG/SS rom
Yeah, Strength earlier sounds fine, I'll see if I can go ahead and move it somewhere else. Could probably have the Hiker give you a TM of some sort instead...

It's not really a bug per se, it's more I have no idea how to give them the extra text there. PPRE's option for it doesn't actually work and there don't seem to be any spare slots in the text files so I have no idea how to go about adding that.

I found the patch over at romulation's forums iirc.

Is there a bigger chance of getting Pokerus in this hack than in the normal games? I just noticed that I've got Pokerus on my Pokemon and I have never got it before in any other game. ^^ Sorry for my crappy english.. :P
Unless I accidentally changed it, nope.

This is a fantastic hack for a fantastic game. Although until a few minutes ago I never noticed the screenshot of the Champion Cynthia battle. Cynthia is actually my favourite Pokemon Trainer. I'm actually planning on doing a challenge through the PokeCommunity Forums on Storm Silver using Staraptor, Electivire, Rhyperior, Aggron, Poliwrath and Heatran. This challenge is also being done with another of Drayano's legendary hacks. I am, of course, talking about Pokemon Blaze Black.
Quite an interesting team you've got there. Scramble challenge, perhaps? The compliments are appreciated though.

are we supposed to give the metal coat to scyther to make him evolve in a scyzor, (because when i do that my game says that it wouldn't have any effect)
You probably need to upgrade to 1.05.

Okay, so, I still have a lot of bugs to fix, evidently. Aside from that, with the release of B2W2 the world tournament has given us quite a lot of new 'canon' Pokémon for each leader, so I need to go back through the teams and do some tweaks. Jasmine having a Lucario, for example.

I'm also somewhat considering dropping the six Pokémon for a Gym Leader thing, but not totally sure about that. It might be worth it for the first one or two gyms, though, given your lack of resources at that point (although with how early you get Jolteon, it might make Falkner even easier. Tough choice). I might do some experimenting with BB/VW as well, so it's possible I'll update that to some degree.

moshbear

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Has the mechanism of acquiring Gracidea been modified so that National Park Shaymin is sufficient, as opposed to requiring the importation of a Pt or event one?

seraphimon-sama9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Quite an interesting team you've got there. Scramble challenge, perhaps? The compliments are appreciated though.

Close but not quite. It's actually the Username Challenge. My username on PokeCommunity is Seraphimon-sama and I had to use up to the first 6 letters of my username for the challenge. Also a requirement was no more than 2 legendaries.

moshbear

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
does this freeze on desmume?

1.05 does not freeze. However, the sprite corruption bug is present. That is, over time, it may happen that the player sprite will become glitchy. Using Pokemon, Pokedex, Items, etc, or exiting / entering will hence cause a black upper screen. If that happens, do an in-game save, disable cheats (Emulation->Cheats->Disable) , close the rom, reopen the rom, continue, re-enable cheats, and you're good to go.

Reactions: 1 person

triassic911

Burst Mode
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
does this freeze on desmume?

1.05 does not freeze. However, the sprite corruption bug is present. That is, over time, it may happen that the player sprite will become glitchy. Using Pokemon, Pokedex, Items, etc, or exiting / entering will hence cause a black upper screen. If that happens, do an in-game save, disable cheats (Emulation->Cheats->Disable) , close the rom, reopen the rom, continue, re-enable cheats, and you're good to go.
That bug also happens on the original Heartgold rom. Would you happen to know why that is?

moshbear

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It appears to be a long-standing DeSmuME bug: http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=2986788&group_id=164579&atid=832291 . While the exact behavior is unknown, it is correlated with a spike in memory usage (http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=2986788&group_id=164579&atid=832291). All I can say at the moment is that the HG/SS sprite engine isn't 100% compatible with DeSmuME. On the plus side, the corruption doesn't happen extremely often, so save and restart has become instinctive, but not to the point of overriding actual gameplay.

Dubstep16

Trophies
XP
Country
Looking for a spriter and a Scripter that can help me with some questions and maybe with my hack. Pm if you are intressting to help me with my questions.

CaptainZef

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
oh, well, about the freezing thing.. my friend experienced a freeze during a battle when the message 'Trainer Joey would like to battle!' and the pokeballs kept spinning.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol