ROM Hack Pokémon Sacred Gold & Storm Silver

ItsAaronLad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Dray its not double battles its just that i had to restart the game because i got that graphic glitch and didnt know how to fix it at the time.. It was every time i leveled up a cyndaquil from 5 to 6 at the start of the game it just freezed... havent tried today yet though. Do i have to have no$gba and no$gba zoomer in the same folder? nothing came up and said no gba zoomer for me....

Flintiex

Trophies
XP
Country
Just thought i'd add another suggestion. For each route, you could add some interactable pokemon. Whether you can battle them or not would be up to you, but something like this :P

gallery_305428_1222_1390.png

It's definately do-able in PPRE as I have done it before

Reactions: 1 person

Drayano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I actually did have 'Boss Pokémon' originally that were like interactable Pokémon that appeared in previous routes after certain points, but I ended up taking the idea out since I lost interest in it. You can probably find some leftover text in some places if you open up my hack with PPRE, heh. Though that's Route 48, is it not? Are you editing that via the Japanese HG/SS?

@ Aaron: Well, the double battle concern is for Archall anyway. I'm pretty sure they don't need to be in the same folder, no. In my experience, first time I open no$zoomer it will bring up a file open window and will say NO$GBA.exe in the name of the file to open already. I then select my no$gba. Then it closes, so I reopen no$zoomer again and then it asks me to select my ROM. If it's not working like that then I dunno, getting a fresh download might be useful (if you go on the youtube vid i've got a link to a fresh dl there).

@ Kid: You mean just a generic Cameron picture? Hm o-o

kidisnice87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah the Cameron picture, weird cuz all the other ones work fine. I keep getting freezes in the most unlikely spots and it always gets me cuz I don't save before it. Now gotta catch those wild Pokes again :(

Flintiex

Trophies
XP
Country
I actually did have 'Boss Pokémon' originally that were like interactable Pokémon that appeared in previous routes after certain points, but I ended up taking the idea out since I lost interest in it. You can probably find some leftover text in some places if you open up my hack with PPRE, heh. Though that's Route 48, is it not? Are you editing that via the Japanese HG/SS?

@ Aaron: Well, the double battle concern is for Archall anyway. I'm pretty sure they don't need to be in the same folder, no. In my experience, first time I open no$zoomer it will bring up a file open window and will say NO$GBA.exe in the name of the file to open already. I then select my no$gba. Then it closes, so I reopen no$zoomer again and then it asks me to select my ROM. If it's not working like that then I dunno, getting a fresh download might be useful (if you go on the youtube vid i've got a link to a fresh dl there).

@ Kid: You mean just a generic Cameron picture? Hm o-o

Imo, you should put the whole 'Boss pokemon' thing into the game. That, along with a few other interactable pokemon or even something like showing some trainers (Who you wouldn't have to battle) battling another pokemon kinda like it shows a boy doing that on the second route in the game. It'd be very creative and orginal you know ;) But thats just my personal opinion ;P Oh and I just photo edited that picture to show you what it would be like as I couldn't be bothered searching for the actual rom I had where I had done an example of this.

ItsAaronLad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Help! :/ my computer is at 100% cpu usage :/ over 3000 processes and most of them are from no zoomer and it says its not even open! how do i stop it :/

BlacknYellowHD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Okay. I play the american one, it doesn't matter ^.^
Why don't you work on Fire Gold and Silver leaf? Because you are on of the best ROM Hackers I know, and if you do it, maybe it would continue and finish ^.^
That would be great and would be the first good remake xD
You're hack is cool, Drayono, it's my favourite ;)

ItsAaronLad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Dray incredibly weird glitch... I start off and i pick cyndaquil and i go out and to test it, i put the 10x exp thing on. When cyndaquil levels up my game freezes.. can you look into it? not even the stats come up the exp bar hits the top and then everything freezes

EDIT: It also just happened with totodile.... is it the exp AR code? :/
EDIT2: Its not the AR code and it works fine on no$gba so it must be a desmume problem.... any ideas guys?

iRyahn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just patched to v1.04 and now every time I try to play any save state my character is bugged. If I try to go to save, it freezes before I can save. If I talk to anyone, I freeze. If I do anything I freeze lol. It's weird because before these save states all worked fine and wouldn't freeze. Anybody having this problem as well? I don't want to restart after getting to the 7th gym QQ

Drayano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
It's probably because sometimes after I change the rom the save states don't work anymore, heh.

Your best bet would be returning to the original rom and saving properly, then upgrading. if you haven't got the 1.03 rom anymore I still have the link here.

And I can't say I intended for Lapras to appear on Saturday, or any other day for that matter.

To be honest this no$ stuff is confusing me e-e

And I kind of want to take a break from Pokémon hacking for a while to be honest, there's a lot of other things I need to learn and though they're fun, hacking takes a LOT of time. I can still update SG/SS of course but don't expect anything new for a while.

daisyhawkins

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Every time I try to load the patched version of SoulSilver it says "The save data could not be accessed. Please turn off the power and reinsert the DS game card." What am I doing wrong here?

ItsAaronLad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It's probably because sometimes after I change the rom the save states don't work anymore, heh.

Your best bet would be returning to the original rom and saving properly, then upgrading. if you haven't got the 1.03 rom anymore I still have the link here.

And I can't say I intended for Lapras to appear on Saturday, or any other day for that matter.

To be honest this no$ stuff is confusing me e-e

And I kind of want to take a break from Pokémon hacking for a while to be honest, there's a lot of other things I need to learn and though they're fun, hacking takes a LOT of time. I can still update SG/SS of course but don't expect anything new for a while.
No problem :) youve worked really hard on this i can tell :) All i ask for is a bug free game then you can rest ;) :D

Edit: This freeze was happening for me on 1.00 as well :wtf:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BunnyPinkie @ BunnyPinkie: Currently asked for mecha mote iinchou mm my best friend to be translated but I also want to ask...