ROM Hack Pokemon Pure White/Pitch Black

andibad

Soon™
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
alex_0706 said:
chane some locations with less houses to an old/different location where you can battle (someting like the old gym leaderd from the older games)
Don't trying give a idea is impossible to do for now.... you idea is need edit script, mapping, texturing, and some another heavy data must be edited .... don't trying push hard to some hacker for map hacking ... is really annoying...

aibaby

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, just wondering, if I start playing this now (v1.2), will I still be able to use my same save when v2.0 comes out, or should I just wait? Thanks~

aragornbird

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.arkeis.com
XP
Country
United States
aibaby said:
Hi, just wondering, if I start playing this now (v1.2), will I still be able to use my same save when v2.0 comes out, or should I just wait? Thanks~
As long as you name the .sav the same name as the ROM, it will work.

I would like to hear where you are in the game though. I'm trying not to change the pre-elite 4 part too much, but obviously some things will be different.

aibaby

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
aragornbird said:
aibaby said:
As long as you name the .sav the same name as the ROM, it will work.

I would like to hear where you are in the game though. I'm trying not to change the pre-elite 4 part too much, but obviously some things will be different.

Oh, I haven't started hehe, I wanted to ask this first before I start in case I should just wait. Well from your reply, it looks like it's fine so I'll start now,
biggrin.gif
. Thanks for an awesome hack~!

Jumpman16

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
aragornbird is my hero...

Trip report at his request, and really, it's the least I can do after being directed to this fantastic rom. Right now, I'm in the Dreamyard, even though I have four badges, because I want to have a Modest Synchronize Munna/Abra to synch the Eevee we find in Cold Storage so I can have a Modest Vaporeon. It almost sounds like I'm defeating what I felt would be the most liberating things about playing a rom "hack", something I've never had any interest in doing before (even if I've only had my CycloDS for about 16 months), but the very ample opportunities to really get what you want in and from this game are so abundant and well-laid out that I would be doing myself a disservice.

Anyway, that specific NON-digression was relayed to highlight a specific area of the game aragornbird has worked on in such great detail that I feel some of it may go unnoticed. Synchronize, of course, allows you to manipulate the nature of wild encounter pokemon, which is a very welcome ability. In the normal games, Munna was the only poke here that would allow us to explore that early, and it had a 20% encounter rate. Here is where the addition of Abra and Meowth show their utility. Not only is Abra a synchronize poke itself, Meowth and its early STAB Fake Out will allow us to catch them much easier than throwing a Poke ball or Great ball would. Hell, even if Abra's Inner Focus ability has been retained (it is currently 50/50 Synchronize/Magic Guard), a Fake Out that puts Abra in 100% Great Ball capture zone would allow us to know immediately anyway. And Meowth, with its Technician, gets great use of that, Thief and Bite, which allows it to make Munna (whose ability you can know immediately) a lot easier to catch as well. Really, really neat stuff, and this is the most "random" example I could have come up with.

I am not able to breed right now (to affect hatching Synchronize Abra/Munna, even if I'd need a Flame Body Litwick to make that much faster) because Everstone is a lot harder to get in this game (Roggenrola now has Hard stone 100% of the time, something I think you may want to change aragornbird!), but I'm not complaining that much now. Nor am I of anything else in this game that has been modified...to back up, I love how your starter has the ability to have its Dream World Ability (though don't do this with Snivy, Contrary isn't worth it on a poke with early Growth and Coil potential). Love how Audino is 100% Rare Candy (none have Lucky Egg, no matter what has been posted in this thread), and how easy Thief is to whore on that and in general. Love the vitamins on the pokes listed in the text file (Carbos on Zubat, Protein on Swinub, etc), as it just makes damn sense when you think about it and is reasonable. And love the challenge the game poses in general, and again, I'm only just at Cold Storage.

My one gripe is how much I have to overlevel the pokemon I actually want to use in order to make sure I don't lose. I'm using Serperior, Staraptor, and Carracosta, and aim to use Vaporeon, Scizor and Breloom, but the last four are kind of late and you cant just plow through the first four gyms with 1-2 pokes like you can normally. (Also Tirtouga and Archen can't be caught in Relic Castle until the 2.0 update). I also wish we could actually use legendaries or at least pseudos on our path to the E4, but there's a whole part of the game after the E4 that I don't even know about yet and I'm sure it's like a brand new game...

Jumpman16

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another suggestion, ab...could you put the EV-reducing berries on six pokemon that don't currently have any hold items? Preferably early ones like Munna and Pidove and Woobat that aren't really doing anything else. Some happiness Evo stuff and boosting up the power of Return would make the berries very useful, in addition to having the ability to tailor early game EVs without passing up EXP by not fighting a Patrat or Timburr with your Modesr Kadabra or something. Plus the whole fact that the berries are unreasonably nowhere to be found in the real games, only being :effort: DW farming stuff.

Jumpman16

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, there may be a rather annoying problem here—I leveled my Serperior up to 50 and 56, and it still wanted to learn Wring Out and Gastro Acid. Did you description mean to state that only Snivy learns these moves or whatever? The main reason I even decided to use Snivy again was because it finally had a movepool in this hack...but it doesn't appear that it does unless I missed something?

aragornbird

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.arkeis.com
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for responding, Jumpman. I read all of your suggestions and will put them to work. Could you tell me what version you are playing? Perhaps it learns the moves on one version, but not the other.

Andre27 said:
Question: Is this new version compatible with older versions of the hack?
As long as you use the same name for the sav file as the ROM, it should work.

Jumpman16

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah ab, it's the patched one I got from arkeis.com. Modified 6/26/2011 at 5:35pm...that's the .nds file. Folder is called "PokemonPitchBlack1_2". I hope this is enough info.

Also, another thing I realized...this is pretty minor I guess cause I'm the only one this crazy, but there is literally no way to get any flame body or magma armor pokes until Route 12 in Rapidash, and that's assuming you cut out Run Away. The two Litwick I caught were Flash Fire and Shadow Tag, and if my experience with Abra taught me anything it's that you only have two wild Abilities for pokes, and you cut out the more "useless" non-DW Ability. That's almost always a good idea, but I had to hatch that Larvesta egg, in all its 10,455 step glory, twice (without Flame Body, ironically I guess) to get Flame Body.

Again, I'm crazy, because what I'm actually doing is trying to get a Technician Bullet Seed Breloom, because that makes me touch myself at night (to the degree that it's not even lame to use that catchphrase). To do this, you need a poke that learns Bullet Seed nature (cause it's not a Gen V tutor) to breed with a Female Quick Feet Shroomish. This basically means an Exeggcute swarm on Route 18 or chain breeding, and I don't think swarms are possible pre-E4 so you have to chain breed. This means using the only poke in Gen V that learns Bullet Seed, which is Cincinno. Mincinno is only 25% Male, and you need a Male to pass egg moves, so that's fun. You also need a Shiny Stone for evolution and a Heart Scale for Bullet Seed, not a big deal but yeah. Then you need to breed with a female Seedot, the only pokemon that's in Field and the Grass OR Fairy Egg groups that gets Bullet Seed—Mincinno is only Field, and Breloom is Grass and Fairy, so there's the link there if you still follow me. Then you need a Male Seedot to breed with a Quick Feet Shroomish (which you can get in Lostlorn Forest after getting Waterfall in Route 18, after you get Surf right before Twist Mountain), and you'll eventually have your Technician Bullet Seed Breloom.

The good thing is that DW abilities can be hatched, as I had a female Technician Mincinno in with my Male Panpour (trying to get a Male Cincinno, lol, at least it was the first one), and it hatched Technician Mincinno (which is fun as hell to use on the Lv40-43 Audino in Cold Storage with Tickle, Encore, Double Slap and Work up and your disposal). This is all going to be worth it btw, Technician Breloom is absolutely ridiculous with Bullet Seed and Mach Punch with Spore and Low Sweep at its disposal!

aragornbird

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.arkeis.com
XP
Country
United States
Oh, maybe it works on Pure White but not Pitch Black. More people play Pure White anyways. Oh well, just another thing to add to the checklist.

I didn't think anyone would really bother with breeding before they've beaten the game. I guess it can change some things around to make it more convienient. Thanks for your input!

JaiKai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey I couldn't help but notice Nincada, Ninjask or Shedinja are not listed in your list so leaving me to think they are not obtainable. May I ask why?

JaiKai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I also have a question, if I have say Zigzagoon with Pickup and I gain a stat boosting berry or effectiveness reduction berry, will this count towards breaking the bonus rules? As I see it I feel it is due to chance of recieving the berry so I assume it won't break the bonus rules?

Oh I'd also like to know how you think it's possible to beat the first gym under the 5 bonus conditions when all the pokemon have max IV's? I think that is ridiculous because no team could match up to max IV pokemon at level 12... I feel this is cheating the challengers a bit tbh.

aragornbird

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.arkeis.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm sure I put them in but forgot what route they were in. This happened with Porygon until I remembered the P2 Lab. It's probably in one of the post game routes, I still have to see which.

No, Pickup doesn't count. It's actually a good "strategy" to use. And you don't really need to get all the bonuses for every single battle, especially the first one. However, it's been done before and recorded on Youtube, so it's definitely possible. It was a pretty clever strategy actually.

JaiKai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
With Snivy as a starter I'd like to point out it's impossible to do with just "strategy"... you basically need luck to be your saviour, which I think is a bit unfair. I think you should take a look over the pokemon available to aid in the first gym since all but the dark and normal types are demolished by Houndour unless you get lucky with an extremely high IV Panpour. I think it's something for you to re-consider, I'm not one for taking the easy way out... I like to rise to a challenge but I wasn't happy to know I'd have to do it based on luck alone. Since I play competitively I am all for strategy, hax happens but you don't base strategy on luck.

It would be great to know where they are because Ninjask or Shedinja can come to be extremely useful.

Oh btw I had already done the first Gym I was just making some points about people doing the challenge if they choose Snivy. Where do I link you to my video once it's uploaded btw?

aragornbird

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.arkeis.com
XP
Country
United States
Whoops, forgot to reply.

Anyways, it's really not as hard as you think. Think about it, your opponent always leads off with his weakest Pokemon and will never switch. This gives you plenty of time to set up. Furthermore, the 1st Gym Leader's AI is actually lower than the other Gym Leaders.

Anyways, just post the videos on Youtube. I'll find them sooner or later. If you're still concerned about it, just message me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Hawaii played it smart and said we're too hot for this land