ROM Hack Pokemon Platinum Trainer Backsprite Editing?

halo4life

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I cannot figure out how to edit trainer backsprites in pokemon platinum at all. Information and tools are scattered everywhere, and almost everything I've used doesn't work properly. All I want to do is change the player backsprite, that's all, but after like 4 hours of googling and a bunch of annoying tools that don't work (or are for every game but the one im editing) I can't take it anymore. Asking here is my last resort, I give up if nobody replies.

I know where the player's backsprites are stored, even the pokeball throwing part of the animation, and I have everything extracted. I just need to find a way to edit the RGCN files. I cannot get Crystal Tile 2 to display anything but a jumbled mess (yes ive messed with all the tile options). PokeDSPicPlatinum allows importing of edited sprites, but it does not show all of the required sprites correctly. I also cannot find the correct size of the image in any program, its always different.

I also have a million tools that can view the sprites perfectly fine (kinda), like console tool, but cannot import an edited sprite, and the size\way it displays is not correct.

The tutorial to edit pokemon black\white sprites did not work, crystal tile refused to display the image correctly.

Please, for the love of god, how the hell do you edit trainer backsprites for pokemon platinum?

2KiSQi.png

rbaihd.png

pleonex

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Switzerland
You can use my program: Tinke. In the last version you can modified a NCGR file importing a Bitmap file and in the next version you will be able to modified NCER files.
If you give me the locations of the files to change I can help you doing the task
smile.gif

Good luck!

rastsan

8 baller, Death Wizard,
Trophies
Website
rastsan.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Canada
why don't you just use the tile composition tool in crystal tile 2?

move the tiles over and reposition them in the tile composition window, import or export that image as needed.

tools - tile compostion tool (when in tile view)

loco365

Trophies
XP
rastsan said:
why don't you just use the tile composition tool in crystal tile 2?

move the tiles over and reposition them in the tile composition window, import or export that image as needed.

tinke is so much better than CrystalTile. I'd rather use tinke than CT2.

halo4life

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pleonex said:
You can use my program: Tinke. In the last version you can modified a NCGR file importing a Bitmap file and in the next version you will be able to modified NCER files.
If you give me the locations of the files to change I can help you doing the task
smile.gif

Good luck!

Thanks!! As soon as I'm able to mess with it, I'll let you know how it goes.
laugh.gif

QUOTE(rastsan @ Aug 20 2011, 03:10 PM) why don't you just use the tile composition tool in crystal tile 2?

I didn't know about that. I'll try it if Tinke doesn't work for some reason, thanks!

rastsan

8 baller, Death Wizard,
Trophies
Website
rastsan.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Canada
from the screen shots tinke doesn't quite show it right either. at least with the tile composition tool you can move things around to just the right way.
would take what 5 minutes to half an hour depending on how puzzled up the image is, and how many tiles are involved. wow I can't beleive you didn't try this a week ago....

halo4life

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I tried Tinke, but when I import a modified image it is always a jumbled mess (even if it's the file I just exported). I downloaded the newest crystal tile 2, and I got it to display a lot better, but it's still off, too off to try to use the tile composition tool. Any advice?

df26e2.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/j-JgIxFZTKY?si=9yG57ooZm1wvSOsz