Gaming Pokemon Platinum Genuine Cart: Anyway to get 480 Pokemon?

Chris_Skylock

OP
Trophies
Website
www.friendster.com
XP
Country
Is there any way to get 480+ random Pokemon in game? I cant seem to edit my retail game with Pokesav as the game I can get is 256KB. I already made a custom ID# but I forgot to put all 480 Pokemon from the Pokemon Box from the Beginning so I can just trade them and trade them back for registration.

I dont have any more money and Im trying to catch them with 100 Great Ball. With each great ball successfully capture. Once I captured 480+ Pokemon, I can trade it with my pre-set complete Pokemon from Pokemon Diamond ROM made with legit Pokesav Pokemon database.

I dont have any more ideas on where to get the Pokeballs. I cant seem o edit my retail save file for 999 Great balls and 999 Masterballs.

If I dumped my save file, all I can do is convert that to 1MB and bring it back to my retail one. I only need Pokeballs with 999 in quantity. Is it safe to do so to dump the Pokemon Platinum retail save file?

Can a mod rename this topic to "Guide to edit Pokemon Platinum Retail using DSTT or any flashcart"?

Dump Pokemon Platinum Retail Cart save using Rudolph's WiFi NDS Back Up Homebrew

When dumped, it will create 256KB file

Use an edited DSTT that can generate 1MB file

resave the dumped Pokemon Platinum Save file using the DSTT. You copy the save file and rename it as the same as your PKMN PLatinum Rom.

edit with PokeSav

Save As using the 256 save option in PokeSav

You should have a new Pokemon Platinum Save file in 768KB file

rename it to the retail save file and put it in the temp folder for the smallFTP server folder

restore your save using the wifi tool and locate the save file

You now have an edited Pokemon Platinum retail game

Regards,
Chris

Chris_Skylock

OP
Trophies
Website
www.friendster.com
XP
Country
Im now fine with 999 in every pokeballs, even masterballs and cherish balls thanks to pokesav. I already loaded the pokemon i need in my diamond rom and i'll just manually trade them to my platinum

on topic:

you need:

you need:

smallftpd-1.0.3-fix
Rudolph's NDS Wifi Back Up Tool
'temp' folder in Drive C of your computer
PokeSav Platinum
a router
a flashcart that can generate 1MB from any file size sav. (DSTT with edited infolib whatever the name)
Pokemon Platinum retail cart

regards,
Chris

Rascal

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Does the 1MB file and Save As 256K preserve all SAV data when you restore it to the retail card? Have you lost any VS Battle Recordings after the restore? And does this method eliminate the "corrupt save, using backup" error on the retail card?

I would LOVE to play Platinum off of my flashcart but all the confusion I hear about the dual save slots on Platinum and my experiences with the "corrupt save" error have kept me carrying my Platinum around in addition to my flashcart.

Thanks in advance for answering my questions.

Chris_Skylock

OP
Trophies
Website
www.friendster.com
XP
Country
I noticed that the 256 option in Pokesav is recognized in the retail cart. I have no problems with my game but I lost all battle videos just in this process. make sure your game in the flashcart is 1MB when using pokemon platinum. The trimmed 256 when you lost it in the save as process are just blank spaces in the save file. This is safe if you are success. I dont have any corrupted save files.

I think that the one you get in the retail cart is a back up. when you transferred the 768KB what ever, you will put it in the back up space. re-save it to apply it to your main save. capture a pokemon and it will save throughly meaning it wll say "saving a lot of data". Though, I do this once or twice (I added 999 balls). Dont over do it as you may get a corrupted save file in your retail cart.

Chris_Skylock

OP
Trophies
Website
www.friendster.com
XP
Country
Just found out that Acekard 2.1 with AKAIO is supported to do this little 'save-enhancement'

you need:

smallftpd-1.0.3-fix
Rudolph's NDS Wifi Back Up Tool
'temp' folder in Drive C of your computer
PokeSav Platinum
a router
DSTT with advanced infolib and savlib or Acekard 2.1 with AKAIO and latest loaders
Pokemon Platinum retail cart

For Acekard 2.1

you do this trick:

Dump Pokemon Platinum Retail Cart save using Rudolph's WiFi NDS Back Up Homebrew

When dumped, it will create 256KB file

Copy to Acekard's game section.

Open Pokemon Platinum rom properties and set the save file to 8M

resave the dumped Pokemon Platinum Save file using the Acekard. You copy the save file and rename it as the same as your PKMN PLatinum Rom.

edit with PokeSav

Save As using the 256 save option in PokeSav

You should have a new Pokemon Platinum Save file in 768KB file

rename it to the retail save file and put it in the temp folder for the smallFTP server folder

restore your save using the wifi tool and locate the save file

You now have an edited Pokemon Platinum retail game

This will be my last post for this topic. enjoy while you can. Thank you for the tips and trick on other topics and threads. Thank you for the programs.

All I need is to re-register my 480 Pokemon so my PokeDex will recognized them as captured

Rascal

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, after trying every utility out there, I decided to try a hardware solution. I purchased a USB device called the "NDS Backup Adapter" from ConsoleSource.com which can read and write SAVs directly to a DS retail cart. It successfully recognized the Platinum SAV as 512kb. I looked at it in a hex editor and it indeed does have both the primary and backup SAV in it.

The only thing I haven't checked out is VS Recorder battles. When I get a chance to record some, I'll let everyone know.

FYI: The software for this device only works in Windows. I have it working in Windows XP (in Parallels) on a Mac and also on a Windows XP laptop. I've read reports of people having trouble getting the drivers to work properly. I can attest to the fact that they are very picky. But the end result is worth it. I've been able to backup/restore carts that wouldn't work with other utilities.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    not the type of thing I would do
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @NinStar, most of my exp comes from my reaction score and threads posted
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    I mean, I've never seen a message on a thread with more than 30 reactions at max
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just be a mod, insta likes for xp
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    and based on the table reactions only give 1 xp
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    And insta fear from your enemies
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @NinStar, i always posted on the eof meme threads
    xp is arbitrary anyway
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just like the like system people think it matters
    likes got introduced like years after I joined
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I still feel as if they take away conversation
    post anything dumb, people will like it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Eggs
    perhaps the rag tag team of idiots isn't awake yet...
  • OfficialGamer @ OfficialGamer:
    When I remake my Wii system menu theme I'm gonna publish it to GBAtemp for people to have it if they want to idk I'm bored
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or busy humping each other
    digital circle jerk
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Zoom dcj
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sir please stop wanking during this meeting
    +2
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    okies