ROM Hack Pokemon Platinum: Enhanced Edition

MiKeMiTchi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Missing a few pokemon I just can't seem to find. Zigzagoon, Meowth, Aipom, Phanpy, Teddiursa, Munchlax and Pachirisu. Where can I find them?

It's recommended that you play hard and find them yourself. They are easy to find, imo.
zigzaggon = route 203
teddiursa/ phanpy(morning) = route 207
teddiursa/zigzagoon = route 205 before e. forest
meowth = route 211
munchlax/phanpy = trophy garden
pachirisu = route 213
aipom = route 206, as well as JIRACHI.

have patience.
tongue.gif

QUOTEI'm curious about the Legendary Pokemon encounters. Are there certain places in the routes/areas that you have to be in to catch them, or is it just complete luck? I noticed in the room in the old mansion there's a portrait with red eyes. Said eyes close when you stand infront of the wall, do I have to stand directly infront of the portrait or a space away to activate the Darkai fight?

There are certain places in order to catch them. Darkrai can be encountered while just walking in the 2nd floor(room4) of Old Chateau.
^Not sure with this.

Minarin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I managed to find Zigzagoon but it took me around 6 hours of non-stop searching in route 203 to find it. I know they are supposed to be easy thats why I posted. lol

Thanks for the help.

kenshin92

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this thing doesnt work for me
i have downloaded the xdelta.exe file but when i tried patching it or something it keeps on saying i have to rename it to 1.3.patch
I RENAMED IT 1000 times but it keeps on saying that
i also tried downloading the xdelta gui.exe am i suppose to rename it to 1.3.patch.exe? that's right right? it just doesnt work for me ]:

i downloaded MD5 and for my 1.3-untrimmed.patch it said D2584EF1CF30C2E978F5EDD78D7A4E2B
which im guessin its wrong o___o
holy cow i feel like a noob here well i am
PLEASE HELP ME

MiKeMiTchi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
did you..
renamed 1.3-untrimmed.patch to 1.3.patch??

You should do that if you haven't.

The directory must have:
1.3.patch (renamed from 1.3-untrimmed.patch)
xdelta.exe
read+patch.bat
and a clean Platinum(U) ROM.
--

just open the read+patch.bat then, you're set.

Indicible

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Good one. I'm still on Ptach 1.1, since GBATemp's download is acting up, but it's brilliant.

Possible amelioration: would it be possible to display Hidden Power's type?

MiKeMiTchi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:

Yes, I'm sure a NPC in-game can tell you the pokemon's hidden power type.
tongue.gif

QUOTEanyway to edit the rom to somehow display IV's?

I don't know, but you sure can use PokeSav (Platinum) as a quicker alternative.

xvolution

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Indicible said:
Good one. I'm still on Ptach 1.1, since GBATemp's download is acting up, but it's brilliant.

There's no need to implement this, as it's already in the original game.
He's in the Veilstone Game Corner Prize Exchange building

And you were right about it not being too much of a pain, Wolfsclaw. ~95% done.

MaliceDragon

Trophies
XP
Country
Ah, I see, so it's pretty much complete luck then. Ah well, time to find Ghastly over and over and the occasional Haunter. Wish me luck! I was also wondering if I could update the game to 1.3 while keeping my 1.2 save? I've got quite an awesome team that I'd like to keep XD Thanks for the help.

-EDIT-
Huh, I just ran into an Unown in the old mansion! May as well catch 'em. Don't I need them all to get Suicine or something?
-EDIT2-
Just ran into a Shedinja, too! May as well catch it.

Rashid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Uh... Your save stays. It's SUPPOSED to stay. Don't tell me you were deleting them. XD

Look, just name the rom "Platinum Enhanced.nds" after you're FINALLY done patching it, and the save "Platinum Enhanced.sav" so you won't have to change it every time. Seriously, come on.. XD

MiKeMiTchi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Ah, I see, so it's pretty much complete luck then. Ah well, time to find Ghastly over and over and the occasional Haunter. Wish me luck! I was also wondering if I could update the game to 1.3 while keeping my 1.2 save? I've got quite an awesome team that I'd like to keep XD Thanks for the help.

-EDIT-
Huh, I just ran into an Unown in the old mansion! May as well catch 'em. Don't I need them all to get Suicine or something?
-EDIT2-
Just ran into a Shedinja, too! May as well catch it.

Seems like you're having fun.
Yes, your 1.2 save is compatible to 1.3, just have the .nds and the .sav file have the same filename.

I made a UB for PPEE.
tongue.gif

You guys can use it.

MagusDraco

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone know what level DarkRai is? I'm trying to get him too (little tired of wandering around that same room in the mansion).

MaliceDragon

Trophies
XP
Country
MagusDraco said:
Anyone know what level DarkRai is? I'm trying to get him too (little tired of wandering around that same room in the mansion).
Apparantly you just wander around in there and eventually run into 'em. I'm still trying to get him.

Rashid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I think he was asking for Darkrai's level so that he could use a low leveled Pokemon and spray some repels.

Well, most Pokemon there are level 17-19 I think, so if it were me, I'd use my level 27 Bidoof and keep spraying there.

megawalk

The Legendary SRW Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
well i downloaded the new Platinum Enhanced version and i am afraid i am being stupid.
i forgot how to use a xdelta patch and especially one in a .patch file which i never used.
will a .patch file with xdeltaUI work and will it work to make a hack ?

Senbonzaku101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you use the .batch file, just put xdelta in the directory and rename either the trimmed or untrimmed patch as 1.3.patch. Then execute the .batch file.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: People are gonna find loopholes around clan tags and make inappropriate names.