ROM Hack Pokémon Platinum - A little more English.

Status
Not open for further replies.

upbumpo190

Trophies
Website
ethericwarriors.eu
XP
Country
France
Sorry for the bother Rykin. If I manage to get the source to re-encrypt, I'll start a thread elsewhere, I'll just keep quiet till then.
smile.gif

Sinclaircito

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
War said:
Sinclaircito said:
hi everyone, a lot of time without seeing you
tongue.gif
ajaja
hey rykin, I don't wanna bother you, but may I ask, would you make another patch?
ohmy.gif
!, just to know
tongue.gif
!!
thanks anyway man, good job, you made a good work and helped us a lot
biggrin.gif
Rykin has said many, MANY times that this was his last public release. Also, it says in the first post that the project is frozen, which means it's not being worked on.

I'm sorry I didn't read the topic for some time, anyway It was a pretty good patch, I helped me a lot
frown.gif
and I think that helped many people too
smile.gif
, thx for the info war
smile.gif

theking_10

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't mean to be rude but you guys are wasting your time translating this when its being translated by Gamefreak/Nintendo. You guys should be able to wait until Spring '09, and if not then you should be satisfied that Rykin took his time to create a patch and released it to the public.

Rykin

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've been getting many request from people who want to translate the game text. Honestly, I have no idea where the Torn World text is as I've yet to do a search for it.

To calm some people, I'm giving out the URL for the in-game text I extracted from either patch 3.1 or 3.2. I can't remember which it is, I just know it's not up-to-date with my current private build.

This file contains all the text in my patch, right or wrong. Skimming through the htm files will help you find what japanese is still left in the game.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ZJA4WFE6

Up till now, the Platinum patches have been downloaded about 14000 times (from megaupload alone, not counting any mirrors). However, I didn't sign-up for the rewards program until a bit after I started, so I only have 9000 reward points (10000 will get me a free month of premium access).

I'm tempted to release my current private patch just to get that extra 1000 worth of downloads.

Or if I hit the 10000 before, I'll release my tools, files, and so on and let whomever wants take the project. This is my preferred method, actually.

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Rykin bribing us... lol! Anyway, I think it would be a good idea to release your private patch and end it all right there. Just make sure you label it as the FINAL PATCH that you're releasing, and I'm almost certain you'll get your points. (I'll download it more than once if that helps)

PokemonHaker94

Trophies
Website
www.pokemonlegend.net
XP
Country
United States
Rykin said:
I've been getting many request from people who want to translate the game text. Honestly, I have no idea where the Torn World text is as I've yet to do a search for it.

To calm some people, I'm giving out the URL for the in-game text I extracted from either patch 3.1 or 3.2. I can't remember which it is, I just know it's not up-to-date with my current private build.

This file contains all the text in my patch, right or wrong. Skimming through the htm files will help you find what japanese is still left in the game.

Up till now, the Platinum patches have been downloaded about 14000 times (from megaupload alone, not counting any mirrors). However, I didn't sign-up for the rewards program until a bit after I started, so I only have 9000 reward points (10000 will get me a free month of premium access).

I'm tempted to release my current private patch just to get that extra 1000 worth of downloads.

Or if I hit the 10000 before, I'll release my tools, files, and so on and let whomever wants take the project. This is my preferred method, actually.

yeah i have been sending you PM's to help you edit torn world but i have started to change it by my self now ^^ because you never awnserd me

sland

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rykin said:

Well, what does the private patch have? Is it fully translated?

Rykin

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The private patch has some things like Canalava, Rotom room, I was working on some of the Battle Frontier. It has the Pal Park English GBA support (though, I never tested it). It has many other random little bits done, too.

SECTION REMOVED

ds22

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
if i never asked about the pal park support, you had not looked at it at all.
i'm planning on releasing patches to support english, german, italian, french and spanish pal park support.
one problem is that i only have english gba games(and one emerald in german)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.