ROM Hack Pokémon Platinum - A little more English.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rykin

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
About the grumpig:
I thought I'd ask. I'll try it out later. If it's a graphical error, then I believe I know what it is. If not, I'll have to do some testing.

I was just curious.

It would be cool if Platinum had some advanaced hack detection, though.
tongue.gif

DxEggman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd love that sooooo much.
Didja know, in D/P, above-510 Pokemon are banned from the Wifi Battle Tower?
The game acts like it can't connect to Wifi....

Hafta test Platinum, but it makes me feel better that the 7 Garchomps in a row are legit.

Rykin

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
He may mean EV points. You can only have a total of 510 EV points. However, the Pokemon can be hacked to have 255 in each stat, which obviously equals to over 510. (two stats at 255=510).

The DP games disallows overly hacked Pokemon in the battle tower and won't let them be added to Wifi.

mehrab2603

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for the alternate link.Rykin what program did you use to extract the japanese scripts?i extracted the msg_narc but can't get those japanese scripts.i could hack those gba games.but hacking the ds games are hard.i've been searching for loadingnow poketext but couldn't find it anywhere.

upbumpo190

Trophies
Website
ethericwarriors.eu
XP
Country
France
I have all the tools, narcs and 709 individual files extracted, but in the hex editor, there is not text visible whatsoever. I am thinking it is a settings mistake, when I change between the various text ecoding settings, (unicode etc.) It spits out garbled characters, or even japnese... this happens in both japanese pt and english d/p. I have a pretty good idea on the placement of the 709 files in the narc file (hex), the only problem is the text. Any thoughts?

C

SkH

Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
Rykin said:
The GameID has nothing to do with the cheats. The gameID is nothing more than a HASH check. If you check the gameID on the patches that WORK with cheats you'll see that the gameID is different too.

Before, I replaced files of the same size, so all the data stayed in the same place. This caused some errors because I had to pad some files to make them the original size.

In 3.1, the files aren't padded, and are smaller than the oirginal. This causes all the data to shift.

AR codes work like hex editors. They say: Point to this location in the data, and change it to this.
However, if the data is shifted, the AR codes will be pointing to the wrong data.

I'll work on fixing the Giratina Origin form when I get to that point in the game.
I currently have 6 badges.
So that means you have to pad it, right? So that AR codes can work.
Would be awesome.

Anyways thanks a lot on fixing Giratina, I think I can play other games during that time.

SkH

Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
Rykin said:
Giratina Fix:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Q1W146NH

Other than the Giratina freeze, nothing other than a few typos has been fixed yet.
Oh, thanks a lot!!
grog.gif

Rykin said:
QUOTE(DxEggman @ Sep 30 2008, 04:00 PM) Sorry dude, you know what you're on about, I just said that cause my cheats seem to work after fixing the ID, but I only used liek one code so at least SOME cheats work fine, but not all. I'll turn on some others and check for nasty errors.

The text data is in the middle of the game. The data is only shifted after the text. This means any AR codes that affect code BEFORE the text should still work.

PS. I just fixed the Giratina in the torn world bug.

I went to test to make sure the ultra ball still didn't freeze the game. I just caught Giratina... in an ultra ball.. on my first turn/try. Fricken sweet.

Uploading 3.2 now.
As I said, thanks a ton,
and wow, congrats to you, you don't even attacked Giratina?!

Mafi..

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Rykin there are more failures. Talking with the city canal boat's captain tells me that says the poster for the gym, when I talk to the old man says something weird ...
That's why I can not go for cresselia. Check out the entire city.

I´m spanish, sorry for my english

Osher99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Damn!
Anyone can help me?

i patched a clean rom and Rename the patched rom into the rom with the save and i played my save game..
i saved the game and after 30min i tried to play the save game and i didnt find my save game..
(the game in the prof open)
i tired to find the SAV of the game..
i found in the Battrey in the file of WinDsPro my Sav game but it was only 1KB I think that all the information gone

anyone help me?

(Sorry bout my english =/)

Rykin

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Mafi.. said:
Rykin there are more failures. Talking with the city canal boat's captain tells me that says the poster for the gym, when I talk to the old man says something weird ...
That's why I can not go for cresselia. Check out the entire city.

I´m spanish, sorry for my english

I said I know about that. It won't be fixed until the weekend release. I'm only releasing serious bug fixes mid-week.

Lillymon

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay one question,when platinum comes out for america can I use my save file for the japanese patched version for the English even though my name is in japanese text?

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Didn't you already ask this? I already answered this questions before.

No one knows yet, but it's possible. I think the D/P save files were interchangeable, so the Pl save file should be as well.

Rykin

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
War said:
Didn't you already ask this? I already answered this questions before.

No one knows yet, but it's possible. I think the D/P save files were interchangeable, so the Pl save file should be as well.

If I recall, japanese saves worked with the English game, but English saves didn't work on the japanese one.

cflemin301

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the only request i have is a new release with cheats working.
i would be happy with everything else in the current
release.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/toEpa0A8KjI?si=pw7aWgDyjphGXuHR