ROM Hack Pokémon Platinum - A little more English.

Status
Not open for further replies.

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Ohhh, I see. That makes sense. Well, then again, I'm still on v2. So that's probably why... but yeah, in v2, Jubilife is a total mess, lol. I was waiting for you to come out with the new patch before I update again.

DarthNemesis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rykin said:
The GameID has nothing to do with the cheats. The gameID is nothing more than a HASH check. If you check the gameID on the patches that WORK with cheats you'll see that the gameID is different too.
Do you know how exactly it's calculated? I'd like to try and keep it from changing when I release new patches.

Rykin

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
@War
Jubilife is fixed in v3. Some people speak in Japanese, but the ones that speak English are correct. Signs also.

@DarkNemesis
I'm unsure of how the gameID is calculated.
I assume it works like MD5, which means if you change/delete one byte, it changes the ID. I don''t think there is anything you can do, but I've not looked into it. I've not deeply researched GameIDs. I just know what they are.

Rykin

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
@War
Jubilife is fixed in v3. Some people speak in Japanese, but the ones that speak English are correct. Signs also.

@DarkNemesis
I'm unsure of how the gameID is calculated.
I assume it works like MD5, which means if you change/delete one byte, it changes the ID. I don''t think there is anything you can do, but I've not looked into it. I've not deeply researched GameIDs. I just believe I know what they are.

DxEggman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rykin said:
The GameID has nothing to do with the cheats. The gameID is nothing more than a HASH check. If you check the gameID on the patches that WORK with cheats you'll see that the gameID is different too.

Before, I replaced files of the same size, so all the data stayed in the same place. This caused some errors because I had to pad some files to make them the original size.

In 3.1, the files aren't padded, and are smaller than the oirginal. This causes all the data to shift.

AR codes work like hex editors. They say: Point to this location in the data, and change it to this.
However, if the data is shifted, the AR codes will be pointing to the wrong data.

I'll work on fixing the Giratina Origin form when I get to that point in the game.
I currently have 6 badges.

Sorry dude, you know what you're on about, I just said that cause my cheats seem to work after fixing the ID, but I only used liek one code so at least SOME cheats work fine, but not all. I'll turn on some others and check for nasty errors.

Syberia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been encountering a problem with version 3.0, I was trying to battle someone over wifi and every time he sent out a shiny Grumpig, my game would give me the blue "Connection error" screen but the music would keep playing. This happened 3 times in a row, and each time only when he sent out the Grumpig. The rest of the battle happened normally. Downgrading to version 2.5 fixed the problem.

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
killerpixel said:
Rykin said:
P.S. I'm trying to build some Download points at MU, so if someone needs an alternate download please ask me first.
Thanks.

If you want I can host the download on my site. just email me if you are interested.
Read the first post. He doesn't want alternate links because he's trying to get MU points.

killerpixel

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.killerpixel.org
XP
Country
United States
War said:
killerpixel said:
Rykin said:
P.S. I'm trying to build some Download points at MU, so if someone needs an alternate download please ask me first.
Thanks.

If you want I can host the download on my site. just email me if you are interested.
Read the first post. He doesn't want alternate links because he's trying to get MU points.
Got it. Didn't really understand what the "build download points at MU" meant until now.

Never mind the offer.

Rykin

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DxEggman said:
Sorry dude, you know what you're on about, I just said that cause my cheats seem to work after fixing the ID, but I only used liek one code so at least SOME cheats work fine, but not all. I'll turn on some others and check for nasty errors.

The text data is in the middle of the game. The data is only shifted after the text. This means any AR codes that affect code BEFORE the text should still work.

PS. I just fixed the Giratina in the torn world bug.

I went to test to make sure the ultra ball still didn't freeze the game. I just caught Giratina... in an ultra ball.. on my first turn/try. Fricken sweet.

Uploading 3.2 now.

Rykin

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Syberia said:
I've been encountering a problem with version 3.0, I was trying to battle someone over wifi and every time he sent out a shiny Grumpig, my game would give me the blue "Connection error" screen but the music would keep playing. This happened 3 times in a row, and each time only when he sent out the Grumpig. The rest of the battle happened normally. Downgrading to version 2.5 fixed the problem.
Just curious.. is his Grumpig hacked?

DxEggman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is anyone having trouble with the Battle Recorder? I have the V3.1 patch, and I was able to upload a video, but now when I try to upload a different one it says "Uploading, please wait" or something similar, then I get some Japanese. Tapping the screen, it takes me back to the previous menu.....
Any help?

Aah, I didn't see there was a V3.2
Maybe this'll work?

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Gotta update the Index with the new patch now
tongue.gif

ScarsofLink

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this new patch for somereason doesnt let me us the cheat file thingy
frown.gif
can you fix it, i think the game id got changed when patched, or my r4 seems to be having problems.

mehrab2603

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm having problem again downloading the file from MU.Can any of you please upload the file anywhere else?Rapidshare and Filefactory are good.

Rykin

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'll have an alternate download up later. At the moment, the storms outside are messing with my internet connection and I can't stay online more than 5 minutes.

Edit: There's an alternate download on the first page.

Syberia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why would the Grumpig being hacked (no idea if it is or not) have anything to do with the battle disconnecting me 3 times in a row? Did you program version 3 to disconnect whenever it sees a hack or something? I use plenty of hacked pokemon in battle and fight against them too without a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: "pine unf apple" doesn't count! Lol