Pokemon Origin Platinum

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by Lazerith, Aug 13, 2012.

1. Skixy

Skixy Fight me.

Dec 14, 2011
    United States
    Away from you.
    Indeed,this is a perfect idea.

2. Lazerith
    OP

Lazerith GBAtemp Regular

Aug 12, 2012
    United States
    I am trying out the Narc files idea to see if i can fix it with the narcs at all. If I still can't get it to work, I will probably put in a blockade until I can get it to work.

Edit: KingDrapion, thank you very much for suggesting this. I've pinpointed what file is causing the freeze. Scr_Seq.narc is the file. I'm just not sure how to go about fixing it.

3. bradzx

bradzx x-Darkie-x

Sep 19, 2009
    United States
    Ponyville
    I know Lazer, but I don't want waste my time to buy if they block SuperCard DS2.

4. Lazerith
    OP

Lazerith GBAtemp Regular

Aug 12, 2012
    United States
    You have to do the same thing no matter what Flash Cart you have. The updates Nintendo puts out don't target SuperCard specifically. They target most, if not all flash carts.

Besides, Supercard Dstwo is probably the best Flash Cart to get for the 3DS. It's the only one as far as I am aware of that is a 2-in-1, meaning it is the only one that is able to play GBA and SNES games on any DS system without a GBA slot.

If you want to wait until they stop putting out updates in general so you dont have to take 5 minutes out of your day every few months, you are going to have to wait until the 3DS' life is over. Seeing as it just started a year and a few months ago, and it has a lot more potential than the DS, I suspect it will be another 7 years before that happens.

5. GenesisX52

GenesisX52 Member

Newcomer
    May 28, 2012
    United States
    Will you be adding or changing any events.

6. Lazerith
    OP

Lazerith GBAtemp Regular

Aug 12, 2012
    United States
    I have added ways to get the event legendary items, but other than that, I don't know if I will or not. Definitely something to look into for later though.

As for everyone else,

I have finally managed to fix the Cycling Road/Route 206 glitch! Unlike all other freezes where I just needed to change a line of code in the area to fix, I had to copy over my narc files in the game except for the scr_seq.narc file, and completely redo all the scripts.

The game should work perfectly up until Hearthome City at least, so feel free to start playing until I make another update.

Once again, if you encounter any bugs, please let me know.

1 person likes this.
  7. Skixy

Skixy Fight me.

Dec 14, 2011
    United States
    Away from you.
    Congratulations!So the problem was from something as small as a line of code?

8. Archall101

Archall101 Member

Newcomer
    May 26, 2012
    So curious, does this hack have any trainer edits? Also does the pokedex get updated early to handle all new Pokemon to game?

9. Lazerith
    OP

Lazerith GBAtemp Regular

Aug 12, 2012
    United States
    Actually it was a lot more than just one line of code. All the other freezes were fixed by just putting in a line of code. For this one, I had to completely reset scr_seq.narc and redo all of the scripts I had put into the game. Much more work than one line of code.

No trainer edits for the standard version. However, after people have gotten through the game bug-free, I will work on a harder difficulty, in which trainers will be heavily modified.

As for the Pokedex, I've been debating on what I want to do with that. There are a lot of post-game events that are triggered by the national dex, but I'll have to check for what flag gets set after beating the elite four. I could then just replace all the check for national dex lines of code with check for flag.

10. Skixy

Skixy Fight me.

Dec 14, 2011
    United States
    Away from you.
    You say catching every pokemon will give the player a reward,is it something worth getting?

11. Lazerith
    OP

Lazerith GBAtemp Regular

Aug 12, 2012
    United States
    Well actually its not necessarily a reward for catching every pokemon, its a reward for catching 492 pokemon. You get the Azure Flute, needed to catch Arceus.

I wonder what item in Platinum would be worth getting all 493 pokemon for... Only thing I can possibly think of is unlimited rare candies, but that would just be lame. Too bad platinum doesn't have a shining gem like in B/W2

12. yugix

yugix Sleepy

May 27, 2011
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Thank you, the freeze is fixed also in my game. Thank you, thank you, ... etc. :P

EDIT: It freezes again when I enter Professor Rowan's Lab with Dawn after arriving in that town.

13. Castiel

Castiel GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 15, 2010
    Canada
    Ba Sing Se
    Would you be able to possibly create your own item? Even if it's just taking another item and modifying it into something totally better and actually worth fighting to get?

14. Lazerith
    OP

Lazerith GBAtemp Regular

Aug 12, 2012
    United States
    I might be able to. What would be a good reward for getting all pokemon?

15. Narayan

Narayan desu~

Sep 29, 2010
    sorry, i'm getting an error during patching: [2:37:23 PM] An error has occurred: xdelta3: target window checksum mismatch: XD3_INVALID_INPUT
    what should i do?

16. Archall101

Archall101 Member

Newcomer
    May 26, 2012
    Like yugix, my game freezes when I enter the professors lab at the start of the game, I'd really like to try this out so a quick fix is welcome : P

17. Lazerith
    OP

Lazerith GBAtemp Regular

Aug 12, 2012
    United States
    That freeze didnt exist when I started my initial playthrough. I had to completely redo the script to fix the cycling road freeze, and I thought just adding the freeze fixes i added originally to the areas would be enough...

But it seems new freezes have been created when I did that. I've been a bit busy this weekend, but ill try to test this next week. I'll try to test and fix as much as I can this week, as school starts on the 27th for me.

18. bwburke94

bwburke94 Gotta hack 'em all!

Feb 21, 2011
    United States
    Conway, Massachusetts
    We're definitely doing "dueling hacks" - and yours is out first. I'll finish mine up soon.

19. Lazerith
    OP

Lazerith GBAtemp Regular

Aug 12, 2012
    United States
    Version 1.2 is now uploaded. I have tested this up to and including the 5th gym and have had no problems at all. If you find any bugs please let me know.

20. Skixy

Skixy Fight me.

Dec 14, 2011
    United States
    Away from you.
    Hopefully it stays like that. Unfortunately,i can't play this now,because im not using my computer,and my R4 isnt with me.So yeah...

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted