ROM Hack Pokemon Neo X & Neo Y

Status
Not open for further replies.

miamore

Trophies
XP
Country
France
You posted it on /v/ because you wanted some attention, so I signed up because someone has to be That Guy. This is certainly an interesting idea. The very fact that you're hacking Gen 6 is worthy of applause, but you've made a few very significant changes that a huge majority of people would never support and that will ultimately hurt the success of your hack.

1. Never change Pokemon types.
    Unless you're inventing new Pokemon, altering a Pokemon's type will ALWAYS rub people the wrong way. Just don't do it.
  2. Never change Pokemon evolutions.
    You have already angered a number of people by making Raichu, a long-standing evolution of Pikachu, an evolution of Dedenne. This kind of change makes no sense even if you believe that Dedenne and Raichu are similar. It's too radical and will cause people to instantly drop the project. I've always supported Luvdisc -> Alomomola, but making it a straight up evolution will also rub people the wrong way. My recommendations for this will be at the bottom of the post.
  3. Rebranding long-standing staple items is also a bad idea.
    I understand that you need to change certain items to fit your ideal situation, but items like the Ultra Ball should stay as is. There are dozens of items that have no other use. Star Dust? Nuggets? Mushrooms? Take any of those and change them to your needs, but leave the staples alone.
My suggestions for your evolution changes:
Keep Pichu -> Pikachu -> Raichu. This change is just silly and will cause people to hate the project.
Add a "special" Raichu, if possible. Slightly different colored, maybe. Make that Dedenne's evolution.

Keep Luvdisc -> Alomomola, but make it either super late level or add a different method.
Remove Carbink -> Diancie because the lore behind that is that Diancie, the diamond, formed from Carbink after MANY YEARS. If you have to keep it, make it a special scenario where it evolves at like level 100 or something to signify it's long life.

Pachirisu -> Emolga and Tauros -> Bouffalant should also be considered, but make them hard to do.

I hope you take this seriously, because your hack cannot and will not be taken seriously with such significant changes.

just dont play the game if you dont want to.. the OP own the patch and he can do whatever he wants with the game. if you disagree with the patch create your own patch.

ThatGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just dont play the game if you dont want to.. the OP own the patch and he can do whatever he wants with the game. if you disagree with the patch create your own patch.
If he wants it for himself that's one thing, but it seems apparent he wants to share it. No one will take it seriously with such changes (as he seems to have acknowledged in the /v/ thread)

I do want to play it, but I like many others cannot accept Raichu being reallocated.

plasma

GBAtemp's Artificial Lifeform
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just want to know (besides of this hack):
is it possible to add NEW Pokemon (after Diancie, Hoopa and Volcanion?)
On the GBA-Games, I know this was impossible to add new pokemon to the Pokedex without removing one of the existing Pokemon.
Does anyone know something about this?

No idea where you got that from, it is possible to add more Pokemon than 386 in the GBA games, there was a patch made for it for Fire Red, unsure about R/S/E though, but it doubles the rom size to allow more space.

pdensco

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
im trying to install it but it says the destination directory does,nt contain any files to update. what to do?

ChrisX930

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
No idea where you got that from, it is possible to add more Pokemon than 386 in the GBA games, there was a patch made for it for Fire Red, unsure about R/S/E though, but it doubles the rom size to allow more space.
Ah, didn't know (it's almost 6 Years since I worked on a Rom hack xD)
But yea, I really want to know if it's possible to add new Pokemon to OR/AS / X/Y

Flintiex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
You posted it on /v/ because you wanted some attention, so I signed up because someone has to be That Guy. This is certainly an interesting idea. The very fact that you're hacking Gen 6 is worthy of applause, but you've made a few very significant changes that a huge majority of people would never support and that will ultimately hurt the success of your hack.

1. Never change Pokemon types.
    Unless you're inventing new Pokemon, altering a Pokemon's type will ALWAYS rub people the wrong way. Just don't do it.
  2. Never change Pokemon evolutions.
    You have already angered a number of people by making Raichu, a long-standing evolution of Pikachu, an evolution of Dedenne. This kind of change makes no sense even if you believe that Dedenne and Raichu are similar. It's too radical and will cause people to instantly drop the project. I've always supported Luvdisc -> Alomomola, but making it a straight up evolution will also rub people the wrong way. My recommendations for this will be at the bottom of the post.
  3. Rebranding long-standing staple items is also a bad idea.
    I understand that you need to change certain items to fit your ideal situation, but items like the Ultra Ball should stay as is. There are dozens of items that have no other use. Star Dust? Nuggets? Mushrooms? Take any of those and change them to your needs, but leave the staples alone.
My suggestions for your evolution changes:

Keep Pichu -> Pikachu -> Raichu. This change is just silly and will cause people to hate the project.
Add a "special" Raichu, if possible. Slightly different colored, maybe. Make that Dedenne's evolution.

Keep Luvdisc -> Alomomola, but make it either super late level or add a different method.
Remove Carbink -> Diancie because the lore behind that is that Diancie, the diamond, formed from Carbink after MANY YEARS. If you have to keep it, make it a special scenario where it evolves at like level 100 or something to signify it's long life.

Pachirisu -> Emolga and Tauros -> Bouffalant should also be considered, but make them hard to do.

I hope you take this seriously, because your hack cannot and will not be taken seriously with such significant changes.

Let's just clear this up, I did not post this on 4chan I go on there a bit and I know it definitely is not the best place for constructive criticism, I did reply to a few people who were actually making decent suggestions, though.

1. I understand I made too many type changes first time around and V.1.01 serves to clean a lot of that up with now only a select view who I believe it was wrong they weren't such type in the first place; eg Psyduck and Golduck are Water/Psychic.

2. A lot of thought went into these changes to improve the Pokemon and make people want to use such Pokemon who don't get much use. However, I want to hear the communities' thoughts and if most don't like it I will change it back to the original evolution line. Adding a 'special' Raichu would be impossible.

3. The Ultra ball has been renamed not changed. It will still act perfectly fine as an ultra ball for catching Pokemon only now it can ALSO be held by a Pokemon like Venusaur who can then mega evolve. At first I would have preferred to use a lesser known item but you can't add slots to the mart, only edit but I will see what I can do if again, many don't like this.

pdensco are you doing it just like this:
6zll55.png

ChrisX930 I'm afraid it's not possible at this stage, no.

EDIT: Released 1.03 Removed all Carbink and Pikachu/Raichu/Dedenne changes back to vanilla + added changelog to description of main post

Reactions: chartube12

mid-kid

GBAtemp spamBOT
Trophies
XP
Country
Nice! I can't wait for the pokemon hacking scene to unfold again. It's been too many gens without many hack projects.
Not that gen3 isn't nice too.
Too bad you require a gateway though for any kind of rom hacking of new games.

Flintiex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Nice! I can't wait for the pokemon hacking scene to unfold again. It's been too many gens without many hack projects.
Not that gen3 isn't nice too.
Too bad you require a gateway though for any kind of rom hacking of new games.

Yeah it's a shame that you'll have to get a gateway to play 6th Gen hacks. But the process has been simplified thanks to the communities' efforts and I'm hoping this will encourage people to buy one! I also believe Drayano is currently working on ORAS hacks so the future is looking promising for 6th gen.

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One of my fantasies is to play Battle Maison or any Battle facility, without the restricted list. It would serve as the only offline way to test out legends and every possible team combination or online competitive play. Does Neo X and Neo Y have a BM blacklist?

Flintiex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
@RustInPeaceI didn't touch the BM at all so it's still vanilla as of now, I could look into it for you but I doubt there's much I can do.

Okay so given the feedback Im changing how evolutions work along with the Mega balls. The Evo stone has been scrapped. Evolutions will all be the same as vanilla excluding those who evolve by trade; you can still evolve by trade but now you also have the option to evolve Pokemon such as Graveller differently (By level up or in some cases using a basic stone such as a water stone on Feebas). Ultra balls and Hyper potions are back to vanilla as instead I've added into the game a new ball entirely; the mega ball. This is a new rare ball but when held by a Pokemon who can mega evolve will allow them to do so ie it acts as an alternative till waiting to post-champion to find mega stones. Patch will be going up shortly.

Reactions: ShadowOne333

Flintiex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
pdensco I've already edited wild pokemon if you want to edit them use PK3DS
SpecW I used PK3DS for the majority of my work

Alas, Version 1.04/0.94 is live! I highly recommend everyone re-reads the description and updates to this version.

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Starting from zero here is the way to go due to the extent of the editing I've done, using multiple saves with Gateway is an option I think though.

EDIT: Sorry accidentally double posted :glare:
You can keep your save from your clean game, dump it with SaveDataFiler, and install it on your HackRom.

It's the fast way to try some hack near the end game like the elite four for see if he is not crashing without remaking the full game.

Flintiex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country

Yes, another user reported this to me and i know why it's happening. You must install the patch onto a vanilla unedited freshly decrypted and extracted romfs/a folder. One that has been edited in any form before applying the patch gives this error as I've tested it myself. I should add this to the description. 1.04 must be applied to a vanilla 'a' folder also, not a Neo Y 1.0 'a' folder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: never had one before that, and never had one since