Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Wiiware games get English fan-translation patch

Released years ago was a series of Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games for the Nintendo Wii. Unfortunately, they were exclusive to Japan, and never got an official western release. Thanks to a fan-translation team, however, English-speakers can now play and understand the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Blazing, Stormy, and Light Adventure Squad games. Previous online events were also re-added to the game through Wiimmfi and RiiConnect24, allowing players to obtain event Pokemon, with capabilities for online friend rescue to be added at a later date.

Finally the Japan-exclusive WiiWare Pokémon Mystery Dungeon titles, the Adventure Squad series, have been translated! Patches for each game have been released after months and months of hard work from fans of the series. The team has also worked with the Wiimmfi and RiiConnect24 teams in order to restore the event Pokémon that were distributed for this game. Other features of the translation include:
-Pokémon nickname limit expanded to 10 characters (Japanese 5)
-Buddy Passwords fully functional. These can now be found by hitting the Wii Home button, then pressing the "Operations Guide" button.
-Pre-patched with Wiimmfi and RiiConnect24 for ease of event access. Friend Rescues do not work currently, but are being looked into.
-Item icons and many descriptions ported from Super Mystery Dungeon
-Dummied/beta items ported from Explorers of Sky have been restored. Inaccessible in-game, can be accessed with cheats.
-It's in English now, which is cool.

:arrow: Source

elenarguez

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I used Steve's Custom Nand Loader MOD to force it to 60 hz on Wii PAL consoles but testing on Dolphin gives error when It create the save, however, without Nand Loader creates it perfectly, what could it be? I haven't tried it on a real Wii, but I'll do it later.
I'm very happy about this btw :bow:
EDIT:
Tested on my Wii using uloader : working. It takes a while to create save data.
I installed it in the real nand and gives the error 109999 as in Dolphin using the Custom Nand Loader mentioned (I don't know the cause....). Without him works perfectly at 50 hz PAL.
Why does it work in uloader and in the real nand not? :blink:
kC2h1Gt.png

NV2Rb14.png

Last edited by elenarguez,

hell_night

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Oman
The first two mystery dungeon game were on GBA...

Right! I played and finished both, how could I have forgotten... Damn my memories been getting bad!

I suppose I was referring to them being on a home console now that you mention it! Portable-wise they were on the GBA and I finished them and totally forgot about that, haha!

Last edited by hell_night,

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
Someone managed to use buddy passwords? I've tried so many times but they do not work
I haven't tried one yet, but make sure you're typing it correctly. Those shits are so JPEG'd in the Operations Guide I wouldn't blame you for typing them wrong, and I just wish the translators had given us a high-quality PNG or a text file containing them.

Rya687

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Someone managed to use buddy passwords? I've tried so many times but they do not work
Just to make sure, you're not trying to enter a password you got from outside the game, right? According to the readme, the fan translation doesn't use the same passwords as the unpatched games for technical reasons, so any passwords you find online won't work.

Anyway, this translation was pretty unexpected. Didn't think there was still going to be one after all these years. Might check it out if I ever get around to modding my Wii. Though I hope the DS Download Play ROM will get translated at some point as well. Would be nice to use it so I don't have to re-learn the controls.

Quick question about getting the games to run on a PAL Wii. Do I understand correctly that this requires setting the display mode to 50 Hz? And will this affect the games in any way? I wouldn't want to have to deal with something like every 6th frame being skipped.

elenarguez

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Just to make sure, you're not trying to enter a password you got from outside the game, right? According to the readme, the fan translation doesn't use the same passwords as the unpatched games for technical reasons, so any passwords you find online won't work.

Anyway, this translation was pretty unexpected. Didn't think there was still going to be one after all these years. Might check it out if I ever get around to modding my Wii. Though I hope the DS Download Play ROM will get translated at some point as well. Would be nice to use it so I don't have to re-learn the controls.

Quick question about getting the games to run on a PAL Wii. Do I understand correctly that this requires setting the display mode to 50 Hz? And will this affect the games in any way? I wouldn't want to have to deal with something like every 6th frame being skipped.

It doesn't affect the gameplay but I played yesterday and noticed that in the game it doesn't occupy the entire TV screen... there is a black frame of about 5 cm in the lower area of the TV and its a bit unpleasant to see it...

Last edited by elenarguez,

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
So I'm getting this screen when I try and load them up. The patching appears to be ok and I changed them to USA with ShowMiiWads. Any suggestions?
Have you tried loading it without the region-change? I can't speak for the vWii, but it works just fine as a JP WAD on my real Wii.

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
I actually did first, then I got that error message, so then I tried the region change and had the same error. It seems to be complaining about something but I can't tell what.
Do you have a different console to test it on?

Shade0103

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I haven't tried one yet, but make sure you're typing it correctly. Those shits are so JPEG'd in the Operations Guide I wouldn't blame you for typing them wrong, and I just wish the translators had given us a high-quality PNG or a text file containing them.
Yes, they are illegible
But i tried it several time and seems nothing works..

totakeke95

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
When are you supposed to publish the tools to be able to translate it into other languages? It has been a year and a half ... We have a group where we would like to be able to translate it into our language (Spanish).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Mondooooo, sadly I dont have any tips