Pokemon Leafgreen - save queries

Discussion in 'GBA - Emulation' started by skroooagh, Jan 7, 2008.

Jan 7, 2008
  1. skroooagh
    OP

Member skroooagh GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    So I'm playing this on my 3-in-1. I've patched it with EZ4 so that I can play in NOR and migrate my pokeymans to Pearl when the time is right. However, it seems like the savefile I started on the 3-in-1 won't work with VBA. I'm guessing it's due to being a 128kb save file, but I really don't have a clue. I've seen the procedure to make a VBA save larger, but is there a way to make the 3-in-1 save smaller? Or do I not need to? If anyone has a solution, please post!

2. EN!GMA

Member EN!GMA GBAtemp Regular

United States
    hi

i had a similar problem a while ago with firered and i resolved it... somehow. it is possible, but you must tweak something in the vba, i think you have to change the save type detection, its under the emulation tab... i think

also, are you also loading the patched rom? that would be something key. perhaps try and dump the rom from your 3-n-1 to your comp and try loading that rom with the save file

3. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    128KB is the correct size for a GBA pokemon save.

The rom that has been patched with the EZ4 Client probably won't work properly in VBA. Use the patched rom on the 3-in-1, and a clean rom in VBA. The same save file should work for both.

You will need to set the save type in VBA to "Flash 128k".

4. EN!GMA

Member EN!GMA GBAtemp Regular

United States
    hmm my patched version of firered worked on vba... and yes destructobot's tweak was the one i used

5. skroooagh
    OP

Member skroooagh GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Ah, THAT was my problem. Thankee, all!