Emulation Pokemon Leafgreen - save queries

skroooagh

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So I'm playing this on my 3-in-1. I've patched it with EZ4 so that I can play in NOR and migrate my pokeymans to Pearl when the time is right. However, it seems like the savefile I started on the 3-in-1 won't work with VBA. I'm guessing it's due to being a 128kb save file, but I really don't have a clue. I've seen the procedure to make a VBA save larger, but is there a way to make the 3-in-1 save smaller? Or do I not need to? If anyone has a solution, please post!

EN!GMA

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
hi

i had a similar problem a while ago with firered and i resolved it... somehow. it is possible, but you must tweak something in the vba, i think you have to change the save type detection, its under the emulation tab... i think

also, are you also loading the patched rom? that would be something key. perhaps try and dump the rom from your 3-n-1 to your comp and try loading that rom with the save file

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
128KB is the correct size for a GBA pokemon save.

The rom that has been patched with the EZ4 Client probably won't work properly in VBA. Use the patched rom on the 3-in-1, and a clean rom in VBA. The same save file should work for both.

You will need to set the save type in VBA to "Flash 128k".

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s