ROM Hack Pokemon HGSS US -> J Translation patch.

Talaban

Trophies
XP
Country
I registered here just to say thanks for all of the hard work that's gone into this so far! I'm a Youtube battler so using the official game isn't an option for me, no way am I uploading crap quality webcam shoots when I can load my save file up in an emulator and screen my Vs Recorder. NEVER. So after months of being disappointed by the quite frank crap translations and then the AP on the English language roms, I am extremely grateful for what I believe to be the best translation to date.

I'm playing on an R4, pretty sure it's original. I received it from a friend as a gift when he had to upgrade to Gold and it has no sticker so I can't be sure which one it is to be honest. I was running 1.18 firmware but I've since updated to 1.34 although I have to use the 1.18 menu interface as the 1.34 menu doesn't want to show up on my card despite several attempts at flashing the card with it. I am happy to say I have had NO issues whatsoever and I'm thoroughly impressed by the translation, I also like how the names of the trainers are the Japanese names, the English names for most NPC's are terrible haha. Had no problems with the online either, in fact I got involved in a war last night and my opponent was a stall whore and even then no issues with a 90 minute + battle.

I can't express how much I appreciate the work everyone has put into this and I just really wanted to say so, I expect a lot of people just download the patches and never give credit where it's due.

As I said at the top, I'm a Youtube battler so if any publicity is wanted then I'm more than happy to advertise the url to this thread in my video descriptions etc etc.

Again, thanks!

elementofice said:
I'm having trouble with this patch. I followed the instructions and ended up getting a soulsilver_patched.nds file but it is 0kb. is it because of the rom i used? cause its the japanese one. do i need to use an unpatched rom or something? (not really sure where i can find one either)

Create a new folder. Copy and paste xdeltaGUI, xdelta, a CLEAN HG or SS rom and the patch into said folder. Make sure the rom and the patch have the same name (DO NOT CHANGE THE FILE EXTENSION, .nds/.patch) and follow the instructions in the first post. Be patient when you click apply patch, I messed up a few times and eventually came to the conclusion that it's safest to just not touch anything for around 30 to 60 seconds depending on your computer's performance.

Just advising based on experience, hope this helped!

GwJumpman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question. I'm in Goldenrod and every time I save my rom image crashes. I have 3 badges and I'm using No$gba 2.6 and No$Zoomer 2.3.0.1. Anyone else have this?

Talaban

Trophies
XP
Country
GwJumpman said:
I have a question. I'm in Goldenrod and every time I save my rom image crashes. I have 3 badges and I'm using No$gba 2.6 and No$Zoomer 2.3.0.1. Anyone else have this?

NO$ is actually a terrible emulator to be fair. DeSmuME is a far superior emulator, although I play on an R4, I have had a run through with said emulator to check that I'll be good to screen my Youtube battles.

So yeah, DeSmuME is the way to go.

GwJumpman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The reason I don't use DeSmuME is because it lags when I record. The developers even said that it's slower than No$. No$ is the only one that doesn't lag me when I record.

gameguy95

Needs More Furries!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Stevetry said:
gameguy95 said:
Stevetry said:
does someone one know were can i download the celebi event ?
have you tried google? that's where i got it. i can't seem to get it working though

yes i did i dont see it
what did you type in? did you try adding more words to shorten the result list?
e.g: pokemon HGSS Celebi event pokesav download

GwJumpman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@tio - He doesn't need it. He is simply posting updates as Rykin does too. They can't be posted here because he is BoS (Ban on Sight)

@teusjuh - read the OP. 2.0 is 90% translation. 3.0 is 100% translation

@pkmnlover - If you don't see the patched ROM in the folder it was in, check the parent folder. Chances are it's there.

edit: The save issue just....vanished......? And here I was thinking true insanity is believing you can do the same thing over with different results.

edit2: It just did it again...

Zurren

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
GwJumpman said:
Well,
QUOTE(ZackVee @ Mar 23 2010, 01:09 AM) =============Guide for No$gba=============
If you're using NO$GBA 2.6, use this code as Action Replay AND RAW!:
020DD9E4 E1A00000
reading the first post helps a bit.

I've had played for a long time without resetting or closing the emulator, and I got no crashes at all - well, I got the garbled sprites sometimes, but that didn't crash me and it can be solved by opening a menu and closing it.

GwJumpman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zurren said:
GwJumpman said:
Well,
QUOTE(ZackVee @ Mar 23 2010, 01:09 AM) =============Guide for No$gba=============
If you're using NO$GBA 2.6, use this code as Action Replay AND RAW!:
020DD9E4 E1A00000
reading the first post helps a bit.

I've had played for a long time without resetting or closing the emulator, and I got no crashes at all - well, I got the garbled sprites sometimes, but that didn't crash me and it can be solved by opening a menu and closing it.

Really? You would think that after I asked a question, I would tell someone to do something I have not done? I'm at the third gym, wouldn't one think it would've happened before then? It helps to fully read the question.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol