ROM Hack Pokemon HGSS US -> J Translation patch.

Clemeh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
id like to say thanks to the translation maker (: it works 100% for me, and is a decent translation. at one point i thought "omg i am playing the japanese version and not us version right?"

Gariscus

Former Team Cyclops Mod
Trophies
XP
Country
Of course it is a decent translation.
rofl2.gif

sysasysa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Great so far. I am in Goldenrod and found a few minor problems. Gamecorner isn´t translated, in Pokedex the "check" button isn´t translated, when you examine turnd off TV, the text isn´t translated, but the biggest problem that I have and that won´t be solved is, that in GTS you must search the Pokemon by Japanese letters and when saying something, you must search by japanese letters, but these two won´t be solved, will they. Hope you will make this complete or an working patch for the US version will be released.

EDIT: And there is a problem with Buena´s password show. When you play the radio when the show is on, it doesn´t show the password at all. She says all she is supposed to say, but she douesn´t say the password. Instead she says "!"

sword414

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
sysasysa said:
Great so far. I am in Goldenrod and found a few minor problems. Gamecorner isn´t translated, in Pokedex the "check" button isn´t translated, when you examine turnd off TV, the text isn´t translated, but the biggest problem that I have and that won´t be solved is, that in GTS you must search the Pokemon by Japanese letters and when saying something, you must search by japanese letters, but these two won´t be solved, will they. Hope you will make this complete or an working patch for the US version will be released.

*facepalm*

raiderscrusade

Trophies
XP
Country
I was just wondering... what has NOT been translated yet and still needs to be?

Is there a current progress percentage or something, and when will the final update be released?

mattbraum

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
raiderscrusade said:

Is there a current progress percentage or something, and when will the final update be released?

In the first post theres a percentage, I think it's 90% for the 2.0...

There's also some info about what's been translated and what will still be... Take a look there...
closedeyes.gif

raiderscrusade

Trophies
XP
Country
mattbraum said:
raiderscrusade said:

In the first post theres a percentage, I think it's 90% for the 2.0...

There's also some info about what's been translated and what will still be... Take a look there...
closedeyes.gif

Thanks just saw that.

I'm gonna stick it out until v3 and then download the patch, hopefully it isn't that far away.

chuchuboi

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i can't seem to get it to work.

ss/hg file in folder.
xdelta gui.exe in folder.
Version 2.0 non-caps.patch in folder.

Instructions says rename, but i duno what title patch file should be. i tried renaming it to same name as the .nds files but still nothing.

when i try xdelta gui.exe, its goes error.

"The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135). Click on OK to terminate the application."

Anyone can help?

pokkai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's another problem, after I beat the mahogany gym which is the icicle badge, prof elm does not phone me about team rocket so I can't get any more events after that.

sword414

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Not sure if this is a problem with the patch itself, but the game crashes when walking on a certain tile in Route 10, sure I can walk around it, but everytime I touch that 1 tile the game freezes.

PhiZero

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm having a small problem; when I try to apply the 2.0 patch to my clean rom, I get errors when I start the game.

Bad Nintendo Logo (real gameboy would shutdown)
Bad Header Checksum (real gameboy would shutdown)
Bad ROM Entrypoint at header [000h]
Bad Fixed value 96h at Header [0B2h]

When I use the 1.5 patch on the same clean rom, it works however. Any ideas?

EDIT: No$GBA 2.6a I'm talking about btw. Note that I can run the game fine with the 1.5 patch, just not the newer 2.0 patch.

EDIT2: Nevermind, problem solved. Booting from NDS Firmware.

Zurren

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
^ Same here. I only managed to get the (patched) game running after I encrypted the rom and started it with DS's Firmware.
Also on 2.0, by the way.

Zurren

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Uh, I think there's a slight problem with the Twins at Bugsy's gym.
watwpo.png

(don't mind the random pokemon code)

The battle and their dialogs have no problems at all, though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.