Status
Not open for further replies.

Artix

Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
mikeychunn said:
On topic: How about making it so that you don't actually enter a building? Like just wipe out a roof, door, and walls.
There's still battles... and you would have to get a black screen someway to load the next area, won't you?

I really don't think it's about nerfing the game but rather keeping the experience intact...

PK Strike

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are dark, stormy clouds ahead... this doesn't bode well for when gen 5 arrives.

But for now, you 600-something people who aren't doing anything.. DO SOMETHING.

I went and grabbed a desmume and I'm looking in the Dissasembler, the Memory Viewer... ANYTHING to do something.

THE REST OF YOU CAN TOO

Hecatia

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
hannahbailey2008 said:
Stupid question: Does the freezes-after-24-event anti-piracy kick off at the very beginning of the game, or is there a trigger for it as well (like the 3-event one has the 3rd badge for the trigger)?
it runs from loading a game (i think)

QUOTE(hannahbailey2008 @ Mar 14 2010, 03:48 AM) And I read somewhere that if you save the game and do a soft reset, it resets the count back to 0? Could that be examined and somehow used for a patch/fix?
Not true

ccgriffith

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hannahbailey2008 said:
Stupid question: Does the freezes-after-24-event anti-piracy kick off at the very beginning of the game, or is there a trigger for it as well (like the 3-event one has the 3rd badge for the trigger)?

And I read somewhere that if you save the game and do a soft reset, it resets the count back to 0? Could that be examined and somehow used for a patch/fix?

When the game is turned on, the count begins at 0, or 24, or whatever.

You can effectively play the game, saving alot, once it crashes just reboot. Up till you get too many badges, that is...

hannahbailey2008

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ctr3k said:
hannahbailey2008 said:
it runs from loading a game (i think)

QUOTE(hannahbailey2008 @ Mar 14 2010, 03:48 AM) And I read somewhere that if you save the game and do a soft reset, it resets the count back to 0? Could that be examined and somehow used for a patch/fix?
Not true

Blah, darn, thanks for the info though
frown.gif

anng12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think those patchers should kick it into overdrive and work day and night for a patch

if i dont get my patch by sunday night... i WILL KICK MYSELF INTO OVERDRIVE

anng12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think those patchers should kick it into overdrive and work day and night for a patch

if i dont get my patch by sunday night... i WILL KICK MYSELF INTO OVERDRIVE

Zowayix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hannahbailey2008 said:

And I read somewhere that if you save the game and do a soft reset, it resets the count back to 0? Could that be examined and somehow used for a patch/fix?

The anti-piracy starts at the very beginning of the game. 24 events until freeze for 0 badges, 21 for 1 badge, 15 for 2 badges, and 3 events for 3 badges. Beyond that the game usually (but not always) freezes right after the "Continue" screen.

Saving + soft reset does reset the counter, but it's SUPER annoying after 3 badges and near useless after 4.

EDIT: Nine people posted while I was typing this. O_O

edes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mikeychunn said:
On topic: How about making it so that you don't actually enter a building? Like just wipe out a roof, door, and walls.
Won't work: Battle, maps, etc.

I still think we can use the english text xml and put it in a cracked japanese ROM, to at least have a playable version.

gumgumthegum

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
mikeychunn said:

no cuz then the entire pokemon map+ all buildings would have to load at once i arlredy thought of that and it would require tons of re-programing but i do like the i dea of some how emulating a soft reset and putting the event count at 0

aizen000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ccgriffith said:
hannahbailey2008 said:

You can effectively play the game, saving alot, once it crashes just reboot. Up till you get too many badges, that is...

Damn shoulda just trained or smthing without going for the 3rd badge until a patch was found...too late now =/

Bowser-jr

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, if he's a genius, let hope he can fix crack this AP thing.

and if the Hex edit worked on the JAP version of HGSS couldn't we do the same thing for the USA version?

PikaPerson01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PK Strike said:
There are dark, stormy clouds ahead... this doesn't bode well for when gen 5 arrives.

But for now, you 600-something people who aren't doing anything.. DO SOMETHING.

I went and grabbed a desmume and I'm looking in the Dissasembler, the Memory Viewer... ANYTHING to do something.

THE REST OF YOU CAN TOO
Eh, poking around without having any clue of what I'm doing certainly won't help the people hard at work trying to figure it out, so why bother? I'm not a programmer, and I barely know anything about all this.

gumgumthegum

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
edes said:
mikeychunn said:
Won't work: Battle, maps, etc.

I still think we can use the english text xml and put it in a cracked japanese ROM, to at least have a playable version.

i like youre idea but i dont know if others will

Artix

Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
aizen000 said:
ccgriffith said:
hannahbailey2008 said:

Damn shoulda just trained or smthing without going for the 3rd badge until a patch was found...too late now =/
You can remove the 3rd badge with cheats I believe.

edes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
maco123456 said:
we dont have enough soilders to fight this war do we?
Actually we do, but we have way too much crappy ones. I think Nintendo's army of 300 men will kick our asses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: yeah, i'm Anyone, that's just not my alias here