Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
banditkeith said:
baldymcbald said:
banditkeith said:
flatoutvincent said:
when you guys are counting "events" are u counting going in and out as 1 or 2?

Everytime you load a map, it's counted as an "event"
So for example, Going in a PokeCenter is considered 1 and then going out again would be considered ANOTHER 1

Also, I was wondering if it was possible to locate codes regarding the IR and try to temper around there? I have this gut feeling that it could be something to do with it becasue all these issues were not in the previous Pokemon games..Then again I could be completely off the mark considering I have no clue about codes and programming

ive already tried this myself i used 2 be a hlaf decent programer bout5-6years ago bakc then i only dealt wth 8/16bit addresses there is a lot to search through as of now ive noticed two things that i have mentioned which no1 has looked into
first that there are numerous addresses in active memory on arm9 on the disassembler that report that they are still trying to calculate information these could be whats causing the freeze and 2 that the freeze does occur at an 8bit level as everytime the emulator reports that there has been an overflow of data at an 8bit address nowthen these overloads of an 8 bit address can be the whole reason for the freezes as to the fact that they do happen at various times and at random intervals it seems that we may not be dealing with an ap as we believe but a error in the rom itself that is caused when an error in memory the overflow of data occurs this could be that the 8bit address that is been overloaded should have been a 16bit address and the emulators/flashcards systems are reading it at an 8bit rather then a 16 is there any way that you can set the address to read as a 16bit address rather then an 8bit address

QUOTE(Souldragon @ Mar 14 2010, 01:08 PM)
Alright let test out something..

We all know that there is a french version of pokemon heart gold.. does it crash like the english version?

Alright..Now that the silly troll is gone, we shall get over it now.
Here's where we left off at the previous Patch breakthrough. Please read and give ideas!

Can we PLEASE STOP posting about the troll? He doesn't need more attention! He'll get banned soon enough.
Let's try cracking the thing again hmm?

pokefag

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xDlmaoxD said:
I found a way for the game not to freeze, but it involves buying the real game and then patching it with this super easy noob friendly patch. If anyone interested pm me I will give you the link.

does this work?

Chawls

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Chawls said:
DSTT 1.17 with french version locks up after 24 actions as well...

Let's get back on topic shall we? I tested it with DSTT, and it appears to be exactly the same. Anyone else have any USEFUL input?

Hecatia

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
pokefag said:
xDlmaoxD said:
I found a way for the game not to freeze, but it involves buying the real game and then patching it with this super easy noob friendly patch. If anyone interested pm me I will give you the link.

does this work?

its probably just the ARM7 patch

mikeychunn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's probably mentioned already but is it possible to just use a code to prevent the event counter from counting? Like when you go in a place, it doesn't register.

hannahbailey2008

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pokefag said:
xDlmaoxD said:

does this work?

I might be wrong, but I think that was a joke (if you buy the game, of course it'll work)
tongue.gif

Souldragon

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
baldymcbald said:
soul have you managed to narrow down any more offsets yet or is it still the 00000046 offset that you believe

Well I'm going test something out..

What I'm testing right now is the Hex of Heart Gold (F) vs the Hext of Heart Gold (U) and try to find something that they are related too.
Basically if they both have the same AP or 8bit error, they should have the same Hex for that.

gumgumthegum

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ive been watching this thread for a while and decided to make an account just to say this

if your going to come on an active thread and say you have a fake patch you have no life

and also does anyone know if xenophobia(the source of the leak) is trying to patch the problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/sQK1btk8ZUs?si=Z4p2kuM_7fXV7_Ps