Status
Not open for further replies.

banditkeith

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Robedom said:
This has nothing to do with the IR addition. If it did, AKAIO wouldn't be able to run the rom either.

There might be something in the AKAIO firmware which the game could mistake for the IR.

mcollyer17

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
banditkeith said:
alexandrewz said:
What IR means?

InfraRed.. It was added to the HeartGold SoulSilver carts for the use of the PokeWalker
I wonder with the absence of the IR.. Would it be impossible for it to be patched?
I fear that we might be on the losing end this time
frown.gif

Not true, we are not losing this. When ever game tech has built a wall, the hackers have always brought it crashing down. I have no doubt that that they will this time. As to how, I have much of a clue as a Psyduck... BUT THEY WILL PATCH!!! BELIEVE IT!

PikaPerson01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
banditkeith said:
flatoutvincent said:
when you guys are counting "events" are u counting going in and out as 1 or 2?

Everytime you load a map, it's counted as an "event"
So for example, Going in a PokeCenter is considered 1 and then going out again would be considered ANOTHER 1

Also, I was wondering if it was possible to locate codes regarding the IR and try to temper around there? I have this gut feeling that it could be something to do with it becasue all these issues were not in the previous Pokemon games..Then again I could be completely off the mark considering I have no clue about codes and programming
I'm cautiously optimistic on this. After all, it plays on an emulator and other flashcards, right?

Prosoccer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ctr3k said:
banditkeith said:
flatoutvincent said:

So for example, Going in a PokeCenter is considered 1 and then going out again would be considered ANOTHER 1

Also, I was wondering if it was possible to locate codes regarding the IR and try to temper around there? I have this gut feeling that it could be something to do with it becasue all these issues were not in the previous Pokemon games..Then again I could be completely off the mark considering I have no clue about codes and programming

i think its the lack of IR hardware too
they must have put IR based AP in since the JP one

If any of you 389 Guests has a idea register and post.

ahh, don't think so. The game plays flawlessly on Acekard, and it does not have an Infared receiver on it.

Chawls

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BigBear3 said:
banditkeith said:
alexandrewz said:
What IR means?

InfraRed.. It was added to the HeartGold SoulSilver carts for the use of the PokeWalker
The Japanese version used the PokeWalker as well, no? The Japanese version was patched, no? We got this.

These are my sentiments as well, I also want to know how the AP could be based on the presence of the IR. I was under the impression that the cart used your ds's built-in wireless capability to communicate with the walker, not the cart itself communicating with the walker via IR.

baldymcbald

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
banditkeith said:
baldymcbald said:
banditkeith said:
flatoutvincent said:

ive already tried this myself i used 2 be a hlaf decent programer bout5-6years ago bakc then i only dealt wth 8/16bit addresses there is a lot to search through as of now ive noticed two things that i have mentioned which no1 has looked into
first that there are numerous addresses in active memory on arm9 on the disassembler that report that they are still trying to calculate information these could be whats causing the freeze and 2 that the freeze does occur at an 8bit level as everytime the emulator reports that there has been an overflow of data at an 8bit address nowthen these overloads of an 8 bit address can be the whole reason for the freezes as to the fact that they do happen at various times and at random intervals it seems that we may not be dealing with an ap as we believe but a error in the rom itself that is caused when an error in memory the overflow of data occurs this could be that the 8bit address that is been overloaded should have been a 16bit address and the emulators/flashcards systems are reading it at an 8bit rather then a 16 is there any way that you can set the address to read as a 16bit address rather then an 8bit address

Okay..that was all gibberish to me :wtf:
I see SoulDragon is still at this thread...Maybe he can figure something out with you guys.. Good Luck!
dnt worry lad its still a bit all greak to me n ive been programing for nearly a decade

Souldragon

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
baldymcbald said:
banditkeith said:
flatoutvincent said:

ive already tried this myself i used 2 be a hlaf decent programer bout5-6years ago bakc then i only dealt wth 8/16bit addresses there is a lot to search through as of now ive noticed two things that i have mentioned which no1 has looked into
first that there are numerous addresses in active memory on arm9 on the disassembler that report that they are still trying to calculate information these could be whats causing the freeze and 2 that the freeze does occur at an 8bit level as everytime the emulator reports that there has been an overflow of data at an 8bit address nowthen these overloads of an 8 bit address can be the whole reason for the freezes as to the fact that they do happen at various times and at random intervals it seems that we may not be dealing with an ap as we believe but a error in the rom itself that is caused when an error in memory the overflow of data occurs this could be that the 8bit address that is been overloaded should have been a 16bit address and the emulators/flashcards systems are reading it at an 8bit rather then a 16 is there any way that you can set the address to read as a 16bit address rather then an 8bit address

This may be true.. So somehow that 8bits is been overflow causing the image not rendering since it can't find the information that related to the set of hex.
This explain why only the music is still running

Robedom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
banditkeith said:
Robedom said:
This has nothing to do with the IR addition. If it did, AKAIO wouldn't be able to run the rom either.

There might be something in the AKAIO firmware which the game could mistake for the IR.
No way, IR is a totally different type of technology that is not present within the AKAIO firmware. There isn't anything close that could mimic it.

Doctorr~

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are 1935 instances of 00 00 00 46 in the hex of the untouched rom.

Has ANYONE tested changing them all to 0?

RevLTD

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm not gonna read through all the pages.

What I want to know, have we tried replacing the text in the game (text files) into the japanese one, and the arm7 patch and all the other patches for the japanese version?

maco123456

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
note it has been 6months in 6months the adaptability of computers can change exponentially so coding can be far more complex
think back untill 3 years ago the max in programing was still at 32bit now its reached 128bit computers and technology has the ability to "evolve" beyond our wildest dreams.
yeah i agree for all we know something like skynet would popup soon enough

hunt3rshadow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I might be taking a long shot here, because I don't know crap about coding or anything. But since HG/SS works for AKAIO, why doesn't anybody try seeing what the firmware is using that is allowing the game to function properly?

And to all the hackers and people trying to patch this, I thank you and hope you come to a solution soon.

Vidar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doctorr~ said:
There are 1935 instances of 00 00 00 46 in the hex of the untouched rom.

Has ANYONE tested changing them all to 0?
It's been tested by a few people, but to no avail.

Hecatia

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
banditkeith said:
Robedom said:

they could have originally added IR code for JP stability or something and by fluke it fixes the US problems

and baldymcbald if its a rom error why does acekard work?

baldymcbald

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RevLTD said:
I'm not gonna read through all the pages.

What I want to know, have we tried replacing the text in the game (text files) into the japanese one, and the arm7 patch and all the other patches for the japanese version?
lad if your not gonna go through the messages yes it has been done and it does nothing i have tryed using the jap rom with its ap code enabled to overwrite the nstc rom it still freezesi stilll also have the file to use as a reference

ccgriffith

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it was as simple as a hardware check for, say, the IR, that'd be nice. I'm sure those of us not buying the game can deal without the Pokewalker.

A good way to start would be to see what the code is doing when you try to enable working with the Pokewalker (being by, from the Main Menu, using the option to Connect with the Pokewalker), see what it does, and then tinker with that code (remove it completely, or deactivate it, or enable it, whatever it takes).

So, when you select that option from the Main Menu, the code doesn't go haywire looking for the hardware, instead it "sees" it. If that can be made to work, then we can see if it'll fix the "countdown"

Or, it'll rule that idea out. There'll be good news, either way.

I'm using the IR generically, I still say it's looking for something else.

banditkeith

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Robedom said:
banditkeith said:
Robedom said:

No way, IR is a totally different type of technology that is not present within the AKAIO firmware. There isn't anything close that could mimic it.

Ah ok..I guess we could scratch that off the list?
I guess the current lead is the 8 bit and 16 bit stuff with baldymcbald and SOulDragon are currently pndering over?

Chawls

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The fact that it works on some cards already is proof enough that it can be done and that it isn't based on IR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: they need to have a strong line up on the launch titles too. I think they should move metroid...