Pokemon HeartGold Lag Problem?

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by BBqBanana, Apr 3, 2010.

Apr 3, 2010
  1. BBqBanana
    OP

Newcomer BBqBanana Member

Australia
    Hello peoples,
    I used to play Pokemon HeartGold on the normal R4 with YSmenu and it worked perfectly with it patched, but after my R4 broke, I cannot play it properly.

So right now... I bought a R4i Gold with the latest firmware 1.31b and I wanted to try Pokemon HeartGold on it, after I boot up the game and loaded my save file, the game works, but it is really delayed and slow... :|
    EDIT: I actually use R4i Gold with the site R4iGold.cn. With patch 1.8b

For example when I load it, it takes a while to load up to the place, when I go in my item screen, it has a 1-2 second delay while selecting items (even in battles) and each time when I walk into a new area, the black screen comes up and it takes forever to load.

I used Rudolph's Universal Child's Play patch for HG(U).

I was told that I needed a clean/dump rom of HeartGold to patch it, but the one I used is Xenophobia...(Which I'm quite not sure if it is clean or not.)

So can anyone please help me here?

[​IMG] I'm on the seventh badge and about to battle the last one.

Thanks [​IMG]

2. altorn

Member altorn GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    did you try other games if they play slow too? if so, its ur microSD card/flashcart's firmware.
    if its the pokemon game only, its your rom.

3. The Pi

Member The Pi Lurker

United Kingdom
    Xenophobia is the handle of the person who dumped the rom ... it's a clean rom i had the Xenophobia dump myself but swapped to the BAHAMUT dump since its the euro ver.

the lag is because of the patch use a clean dump on a ak2i + akaio ... go buy one

problem solved [​IMG]

4. BBqBanana
    OP

Newcomer BBqBanana Member

Australia
    Ah thanks for the replies guys, I figured out the problem, my microSD card was 4gigs, which made my R4 run quite slow.