Not open for further replies.

BBqBanana

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello peoples,
I used to play Pokemon HeartGold on the normal R4 with YSmenu and it worked perfectly with it patched, but after my R4 broke, I cannot play it properly.

So right now... I bought a R4i Gold with the latest firmware 1.31b and I wanted to try Pokemon HeartGold on it, after I boot up the game and loaded my save file, the game works, but it is really delayed and slow... :|
EDIT: I actually use R4i Gold with the site R4iGold.cn. With patch 1.8b

For example when I load it, it takes a while to load up to the place, when I go in my item screen, it has a 1-2 second delay while selecting items (even in battles) and each time when I walk into a new area, the black screen comes up and it takes forever to load.

I used Rudolph's Universal Child's Play patch for HG(U).

I was told that I needed a clean/dump rom of HeartGold to patch it, but the one I used is Xenophobia...(Which I'm quite not sure if it is clean or not.)

So can anyone please help me here?

wacko.gif
I'm on the seventh badge and about to battle the last one.

Thanks
rolleyes.gif

The Pi

Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Xenophobia is the handle of the person who dumped the rom ... it's a clean rom i had the Xenophobia dump myself but swapped to the BAHAMUT dump since its the euro ver.

the lag is because of the patch use a clean dump on a ak2i + akaio ... go buy one

problem solved
smile.gif

BBqBanana

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ah thanks for the replies guys, I figured out the problem, my microSD card was 4gigs, which made my R4 run quite slow.

Tac 21

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I noticed a sluggish menu and battle preform my r4i gold with an old 2gb kingston

used a U1 samsung 32GB.... holy man... platinum and soul silver ran super fast! its the SD card for sure- even modded games run super fast

Last edited by Tac 21,

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
I noticed a sluggish preformence on my r4i gold with an old 2gb kingston

used a U1 samsung 32GB.... holy man... platinum and soul silver were the same!
thread from 2010, will be locked after i comment.
just want to finish the thread, i own the original games and they are have delay\lag by default. it is something that bothers me when i start to play but eventually get used to it...

as for knowing if the rom is a clean dump, you can use a checksum tool (i recommend installing hashtab, a really cool free tool that implements checksum testing when you see the proprieties of files in windows)
and compare the hash (either md5 or sha-1, doesn't matter which) with this database: http://datomatic.no-intro.org
(search for the game name, in heartgold case, search for heartgold, select the rom you have, usually it's the US version, compare the numbers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/sGvT5FKSiyk?si=TYqsdjjbF-4N8Xc8