ROM Hack Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustRob

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
mdyer94 said:
baldymcbald said:
if you take the time to read the error that your reading as ap is the fact that there is an 16bit offset that is constantly being read as an 8bit when this offset goes above the 8bit address its cause the black screen to appear it is an error in the graphics engine of the game every address that is looked at are addresses that deal in the graphical property of the game 04000600 is used to refresh the screen during entering of battle 2260344 is primarily used to drawn sprites and set the writing after the the other address that came up later server similar functions there is a constant message in desmume that there is an error in the lighting of the game that it is been shown as to bright. now then if this wasnt a pure graphics error that it appears to be that it is ap the whole game would freeze including the sound thus it has to be that the ap was the original problem with loading up of the game originally which was fixed this was the original black screen all the other freezes are occuring exspeciallly later on due to the nature of the graphics the more objects and animation that is require to draw the harder it is for the game to due this there that address is used more and more the address that is always seen in the crash 00056612 is used by the emulator itself not the rom note as well when the crash is seen in desmume you will also get crash reports from your computer indicating that various graphics files have crashed me and souldragon where looking at this yesterday but i pushed it aside originally trying to bypass thinking it was something that can be fixed it cannot be fixed wait for a new version of the rom or continue in futility
next possibility as to why this is occuring if it is not the roms its the emulators most have similar coding thats why it seems so random every1 assumes it is directly at 24 actions. desmume experiences the crash at around 50 actions and nosgba crash at 60-75 actions there is one thing ive yet to try that is to change the emulator on how it displayes light because this seems to direcly corralate the problem that the brightness of the game is directly what is causing the crash in desmume and nosgba
Everyone should read this post before you say ANYTHING.

i cant read things without fucking punctuation

The Shadow Knigh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
QUOTE said:
you mean bugs :S

imo we should just wait for more dumps im convinced the AP causes the dumps to glitch.

As far as I know no code from the ROM gets executed while the ROM is being dumped. So I don't know how the AP could ever affect the dumping process.

iAlex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
knikel2 said:
iAlex said:
That patch on the previous page, with the Portuguese instructions, doesn't work, got a blackscreen after 3 events. And I have 3 badges.

Tested with or without YSMENU?
I tested it with M3 Sakura, just to check if it would work.

Arisa

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
mdyer94 said:
baldymcbald said:
if you take the time to read the error that your reading as ap is the fact that there is an 16bit offset that is constantly being read as an 8bit when this offset goes above the 8bit address its cause the black screen to appear it is an error in the graphics engine of the game every address that is looked at are addresses that deal in the graphical property of the game 04000600 is used to refresh the screen during entering of battle 2260344 is primarily used to drawn sprites and set the writing after the the other address that came up later server similar functions there is a constant message in desmume that there is an error in the lighting of the game that it is been shown as to bright. now then if this wasnt a pure graphics error that it appears to be that it is ap the whole game would freeze including the sound thus it has to be that the ap was the original problem with loading up of the game originally which was fixed this was the original black screen all the other freezes are occuring exspeciallly later on due to the nature of the graphics the more objects and animation that is require to draw the harder it is for the game to due this there that address is used more and more the address that is always seen in the crash 00056612 is used by the emulator itself not the rom note as well when the crash is seen in desmume you will also get crash reports from your computer indicating that various graphics files have crashed me and souldragon where looking at this yesterday but i pushed it aside originally trying to bypass thinking it was something that can be fixed it cannot be fixed wait for a new version of the rom or continue in futility
next possibility as to why this is occuring if it is not the roms its the emulators most have similar coding thats why it seems so random every1 assumes it is directly at 24 actions. desmume experiences the crash at around 50 actions and nosgba crash at 60-75 actions there is one thing ive yet to try that is to change the emulator on how it displayes light because this seems to direcly corralate the problem that the brightness of the game is directly what is causing the crash in desmume and nosgba

The last sentence make no sense to me.
"the brightness of the game is causing the trouble blablabla..."
yeah maybe an emulator, but not a flashcard, because on my NDS i can't! change the light, so how sould be the light responsible for the crashes?

knikel2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
iAlex said:
knikel2 said:
iAlex said:
That patch on the previous page, with the Portuguese instructions, doesn't work, got a blackscreen after 3 events. And I have 3 badges.

I tested it with M3 Sakura, just to check if it would work.

Ahhh oki. Well it does not work on R4 without YSMenu. Couldn't be bothered to try with...

vartan_Le_Ciel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
knikel2 said:
iAlex said:

tested with R4 YSmenu... freeze after 22 events
hate2.gif

Invierno

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Blooper said:
Ok, first of all, don't eat me alive if I'm mistaken/redundant here. I've read through pages 54 -> 163 on the other thread, but haven't seen this fix there [maybe I missed it?]

It's supposed to make R4 cards work properly. Personally, I can say that it makes the 'event counter' tend to infinite. I'm using a R4 1.18, and I was still in Newbark Town, but I kept battling, switching between Route 29/Town and entering/leaving buildings for over half an hour and I didn't get a single crash/freeze/black screen of mindless chaos. NO, I HAVEN'T TRIED THE THIRD GYM PROBLEM YET

The link links [woo] to a 4shared file [it isn't a ROM]. It's a little batch file that supposedly 'patches' your ROM.

Feel free to kill me if this is the ARM7/ARM9 thingy I see people blabber about but that I still need to figure out what is.

Link = http://www.4shared.com/file/239476788/2e93...nglish_Pat.html

Hi, i was reading since yesterday, nice effort guys. Keep on trying.

I tested that patch on R4i-SDHC (http://www.r4i-sdhc.com), with 3 badges. Dont work, 3 events and black screen.

harjack939393

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I highly doubt that it is a bad dump, you said that the Korean and French have the same AP/error as the (U) dump aswell. If that is the case i honestly don't think that many ROMs are bad dumps :/

Blooper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Arisa said:
mdyer94 said:
baldymcbald said:

yeah maybe an emulator, but not a flashcard, because on my NDS i can't! change the light, so how sould be the light responsible for the crashes?

Ahem, what you can't change is brightness, not graphical light as the game process its data, I think.

Win

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
@ arisa
as he states above the graphic engine is glitched.

@ the shadow knight
maybe nintendo found a way.

Flexibility

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Arisa said:
mdyer94 said:
baldymcbald said:

Where the hell can you find the last sentence? It's one big sentence, I'm not going to read it. Lrn2punctuation. Then, I'll read it.

someonewhodied

Lazy Person
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im pretty sure that its because of a ram overload...Normaly, no$gba takes 146,284 k of ram (on my PC) but every time i enter/exit a building, the ram spikes up to 297,186 k and then drops back down...maybe thats whats causing the freeze on flashcarts??? on the jp version, the ram only spikes up to 211,912 k.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo