ROM Hack Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultima2876

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The best way to find the code that rudolph's patcher changes is to search for the string of bytes immidiately preceding it, say, 10 bytes within the US rom. Hopefully you'll get a hit and can work from there.

As for the better version, if anyone has experience working with compiled DS code, you should be able to change the check to either check against some value that will never be reached by the counter or check against a RAM address that is never changed. It would be interesting to learn exactly how the AP code works, though, so maybe a disassembly would be useful?

baldymcbald

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
first of lad any and all programs are changable you just need to know how ive probly done more in the way of computers in my life believe any fuction is reverisble. even deleted data can be recompiled to its original form,
next like i sad earlier there are 2 files named utility in the rom these files are going to be what will contain the ap more then likely no programer ever leaves things to chance there is bound to be an easy way to find it if you begin to read the bin file there are several files containing ap whichis more then likely the coding where looking for the problem is accessing it the files are located in the data/data dir and the dwc dir even some has the time more then likely u'll find the coding there

Cooltad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I HAVE READ THESE POSTS AND HAVE A SOLUTION, ALMOST

I can't do it, but I know the logic behind it.

I remember many posts back some guy posted a peice of code found, that changed per event; this obviously is it!

HOWEVER, as the person had said, removing said code via ar, doesnt work since the game needs it.

SO WHAT DO? SIMPLE!

Remove the code in ar, then place the code, every time, so the count stays at 24, virtually fixing all freezing issues.

I need to find the post in the other thread, but if it is possible to insert code via ar, this can be fixed!

Yes, I know my first post here, blah blah..

Ultima2876

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh, so we have the RAM address that changes? Find that and we shouldn't really have a problem making an AR code to lock the value to 24...

Nachiitox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
baldymcbald said:
first of lad any and all programs are changable you just need to know how ive probly done more in the way of computers in my life believe any fuction is reverisble. even deleted data can be recompiled to its original form,
next like i sad earlier there are 2 files named utility in the rom these files are going to be what will contain the ap more then likely no programer ever leaves things to chance there is bound to be an easy way to find it if you begin to read the bin file there are several files containing ap whichis more then likely the coding where looking for the problem is accessing it the files are located in the data/data dir and the dwc dir even some has the time more then likely u'll find the coding there

is what i say before, we need to look after the DATA utility file...

Donixs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cooltad said:
I HAVE READ THESE POSTS AND HAVE A SOLUTION, ALMOST

I can't do it, but I know the logic behind it.

I remember many posts back some guy posted a peice of code found, that changed per event; this obviously is it!

HOWEVER, as the person had said, removing said code via ar, doesnt work since the game needs it.

SO WHAT DO? SIMPLE!

Remove the code in ar, then place the code, every time, so the count stays at 24, virtually fixing all freezing issues.

I need to find the post in the other thread, but if it is possible to insert code via ar, this can be fixed!

Yes, I know my first post here, blah blah..

Keep talking.

fullwall

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, the main thing is to just focus on what Normmatt said and to see if it works. Someone called Prof9 is working on it at another site

LunarDD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
fullwall said:
Well, the main thing is to just focus on what Normmatt said and to see if it works. Someone called Prof9 is working on it at another site

source?

CrimzonEyed

Trophies
XP
Country
fullwall said:
OK, here is some help from Normmatt, who stated that there are multiple checks.
Firstly, Rudolph's Patcher apparently fixes the first check.

020DE16C E1A00000
This fixes the second check, but is not done correctly - only disables it. It should fool it, not disable it.

Basically, what we have to do is to find the address rudolph's patcher changes, and patch the ROM with both that change and a better version of the code above.

like i am trying to say, those 2 images show all/only changes that Rudolph's patch did
20100314130113.png

20100314130856.png

Cooltad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
once again earlier we did find 2 possible addresses
the first was 02260344 this one is constantly rewritten when any event takes place
the second is at 04000600 and it 2 is rewritten on screen loading with the values of
00000046-commanality
these were looked at but freezes still took place give me a min i think i just got a new code 2 try

This is the post I was referring to.

fullwall

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
IRC Chat. I have the log, which is understandably not the best thing to post as its quite long. But rest assured, he did say it.

Here's my post from before.
QUOTE said:
OK, here is some help from Normmatt, who stated that there are multiple checks.
Firstly, Rudolph's Patcher apparently fixes the first check.

020DE16C E1A00000
This fixes the second check, but is not done correctly - only disables it. It should fool it, not disable it.

Basically, what we have to do is to find the address rudolph's patcher changes, and patch the ROM with both that change and a better version of the code above.

What we have to do is find the corresponding address in the USA version of the game, as it might be a different offset to the JPN version. Then change it to rudolph's values.

oliebol

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I downloaded Heart Gold for my AceKard2i, but it freezes like every 7-10 minutes, when I enter a room or something like that. It annoys me cause I have to reset it constantly. I ignored it so far, I'm at the Pokéathlon Dome now, but I really want it to stop. Any tips?

LunarDD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
oliebol said:
I downloaded Heart Gold for my AceKard2i, but it freezes like every 7-10 minutes, when I enter a room or something like that. It annoys me cause I have to reset it constantly. I ignored it so far, I'm at the Pokéathlon Dome now, but I really want it to stop. Any tips?

new firmware and it should work

Shady Guy Jose

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
oliebol said:

Since you have Acekard 2i then use AKAIO 1.6 firmware. Lucky you... Most other cards don't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Damn Frontier is offering 5Gbps now lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I honestly can't recommend any of the big 3 this years I'd say buy a rog ally z1 if we're being honest
    Honestly after the PS3 and 360 I just went full PC
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Every games basically cross platform they only have about 6 titles making it worth the $600 price tag
    Didn't see much need for a console, all the advantages have kind of disappeared
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    the ps3 used to support installing linux because the cpu was so powerful
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Then the games are $70 and they want to reboot and refresh the same game every year
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The ps3 was always Linux they just found a way to make it open source
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    I'm avoiding buying from the big 3 at all atm
    At one point PC game pads where poorly supported, loading a game had setup, it was complicated. Now it's almost as easy as a console.
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    nintendo needs to up their game soon
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah even bt support for Xbox one controllers are just as easy as pairing
    +1
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    considering the steamdeck can emulate the switch (yikes) theres almost 0 reason to buy the switch apart from playing online and using cartridges
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Xinput and 360 dongles were a driver nightmare
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I remember having to manually put in drivers and what not
    Yeah the 360 dongles sucked
    But the new Xbox pads? PIr it up and if a game supports it it just works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Most emulators even automatically detect them now
    Yeah it's a good time to be alive lol
    Pi4 and Batocera works with them perfectly too
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd like to see future tap to pair options like you hold it over a scanner and it just automatically pairs
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No need for additional cords buttons or anything
    Hmmm yeah that is possible BT has an address like an IP
    Scan a QR code on your phone open a page with the controller and a QR code for the device, hit go and done
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One less latency issue for radio frequency
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: One less latency issue for radio frequency