ROM Hack Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Delta517

Its okay...Im a ninja ;)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
Yeah. I only found things about polygons and stuff too, but didn't someone say that after a while all the tiles went black, and then another guy claimed it had something to do with the AP? So...who knows...

Donixs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ultima2876 said:
I don't think deleting random files is going to help. If nintendo designed this anti-piracy with more than 2 braincells they wouldn't just stick it in its own file ready to be deleted - it'd be deep rooted somewhere within the game's code, most particularly somewhere where deleting the file would fuck the game sideways.
This is the best bet.

Lol, would be hilarious if any editing of the code would ruin the game completely.

baldymcbald

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
iAlex said:
baldymcbald said:
mathewd3 said:
baldymcbald said:
any idea what program will unpack the bin files i have a feeling in those utility.bin files we will find our culprit

http://wb3000.nintendo-scene.com/dsbuff.html
yaywii.gif
not the nds file i already unpacked that its the bin files they table several files that need 2 be viewed seperatly one of them will more then likely provide a solution
Maybe try MagicISO? That's what I get when I search Google.
thats for a different kind of bin file there should be one that should be able to open it if it can b

rvd42387

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tested Guru2 now know its related to polygon data but figured i would repot in that well DSTT 1.17a12 Post whitney and post 4th badge no effect 3 events to a freeze for the 3 badge and no load on 4 badges

czekers

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
some1 wrote, that it works on R4DS with R4li software (http://r4li.com)

nope, it doesn't - freezes after about ~20 actions, like on original R4 software

My proposition: I'm not into rom hacking and all these things, but maybe we should just copy english text from US version to japanese rom? Is it possible?

Nachiitox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i really dont know so much about this,
but why is in the data folder a utility file thats the same that is in dwc folder?
they are both the same...908kb

iAlex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
czekers said:

nope, it doesn't - freezes after about ~20 actions, like on original R4 software

My proposition: I'm not into rom hacking and all these things, but maybe we should just copy english text from US version to japanese rom? Is it possible?
Others have been thinking that too, didn't work.

brett-big

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Nachiitox said:
i really dont know so much about this,
but why is in the data folder a utility file thats the same that is in dwc folder?
they are both the same...908kb

i think the dwc folder is some sort of wifi connection thing.

Delta517

Its okay...Im a ninja ;)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
czekers said:

Read the first page...

gsarlis

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
@czekers

I also wonder about this. They probably could just copy the text, not the text FILES so it could be like a translation project but with the whole script given. But maybe it's too much hussle.

Shady Guy Jose

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
About the text thing: maybe not copy the files but the text itself into the pre-existing japanese files? I know it's a long shot and hard, but...

rvd42387

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
czekers said:

tried something similar last night moved the DATA folder from the US game to the JP game lead to some weird stuff but it didnt work at all they have the event pointers and script in different places

CrimzonEyed

Trophies
XP
Country
Those were the difference on Patched and non patched J version.
20100314130113.png
20100314130856.png

Gona try fix images of the difference on Patched J and the clean U version.

Impossible to do since its so much different that it don't fit the screen

mameks

in memoriam of gravitas
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ultima2876 said:
I don't think deleting random files is going to help. If nintendo designed this anti-piracy with more than 2 braincells they wouldn't just stick it in its own file ready to be deleted - it'd be deep rooted somewhere within the game's code, most particularly somewhere where deleting the file would fuck the game sideways.
exactly, this is what happened yesterday, we were sooo close, bu tthen we edited what appeared to be the AP, and the game failed epically.

Ultima2876

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Another possibility is self-checking or self-replicating code. When I was developing a GBA game, we employed anti-piracy code that checked itself within certain other routines in the game. If any of the bytes were different to what they should've been, the game crashed immidiately. It was very easy to implement, and changing any of the "anti-piracy" code (which didn't really do a whole lot by itself) triggered the trap which just made the situation worse.

All of these things are things that nintendo will have thought of and possibly implemented.

fullwall

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
OK, here is some help from Normmatt, who stated that there are multiple checks.
Firstly, Rudolph's Patcher apparently fixes the first check.

020DE16C E1A00000
This fixes the second check, but is not done correctly - only disables it. It should fool it, not disable it.

Basically, what we have to do is to find the address rudolph's patcher changes, and patch the ROM with both that change and a better version of the code above.

CrimzonEyed

Trophies
XP
Country
fullwall said:
OK, here is some help from Normmatt, who stated that there are multiple checks.
Firstly, Rudolph's Patcher apparently fixes the first check.

020DE16C E1A00000
This fixes the second check, but is not done correctly - only disables it. It should fool it, not disable it.

Basically, what we have to do is to find the address rudolph's patcher changes, and patch the ROM with both that change and a better version of the code above.

check the images in my last post, they show what rudolph's patcher did to Pokemon HGSS (J)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    meowie13 @ meowie13: hellooo everyone