Homebrew Pokemon GBA VC deletes saves

AtomSmasherMazionga

GBATemp Resident Atom Smasher
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hai guiz, LaZ here. not really, just ignore my shitty jokes, rough day. anyway, I used UP Randomizer to change the starters and some other things; nothing too major. So I converted my Fire Red into a cia. it installed and played just fine. then I saved, and took a nap. went to load the save, and I get the message "the save file has been deleted..." so, uh, yeah, where'd I go wrong?

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hai guiz, LaZ here. not really, just ignore my shitty jokes, rough day. anyway, I used UP Randomizer to change the starters and some other things; nothing too major. So I converted my Fire Red into a cia. it installed and played just fine. then I saved, and took a nap. went to load the save, and I get the message "the save file has been deleted..." so, uh, yeah, where'd I go wrong?

Did you set the ROM's save type to SRAM?
Don't set your ROM's save type to SRAM, but do follow the steps here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/fixes-for-all-gba-pokemons-save-issue-with-agb_firm.390508/

Pokémon makes 128KB save files because it makes two saves, a primary and an emergency backup one. GBA VC mode only supports up to 64KB saves. Use the instructions on that link to set your FireRed ROM to save using the 64KB size saves and the footer to to properly turn it into a CIA that can save.

Reactions: AtomSmasherMazionga

AtomSmasherMazionga

GBATemp Resident Atom Smasher
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't set your ROM's save type to SRAM, but do follow the steps here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/fixes-for-all-gba-pokemons-save-issue-with-agb_firm.390508/

Pokémon makes 128KB save files because it makes two saves, a primary and an emergency backup one. GBA VC mode only supports up to 64KB saves. Use the instructions on that link to set your FireRed ROM to save using the 64KB size saves and the footer to to properly turn it into a CIA that can save.

Thanks so much, @AnalogMan! I've been applying the SRAM patch to circumvent the 1m Sub circuit error, but I realized where I Effed up due to your post. thanks so much.

noctis90210

Trophies
XP
Country
much better if someone could make a gba forwarder for maxim compatibility of game saves specially pokemon core games...
but i think no one is interested in doing one...

noctis90210

Trophies
XP
Country
It's not that much extra work so what's the point?
compatibility, if we patch the game, the save will not be compatible on unpatched game,
this is hassle for people who import/export save file and play GBA games on both 3ds (patched game) and pc emulator (unpached game).

the save export/import on GBA VC is not user frinedly too, specially for begginers.
unlike using forwarder (with mGBA engine). a simple copy paste of save to sd card/pc vv is a user friendly way.

SoslanVanWieren

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Just so you know even if you fix the rom and use the right save type for pokemon emerald it will erase your save after you beat the game the other gen 3 games are fine thoough

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.ebay.com/itm/386617469929?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=2T8UwYf_Qse&...