Yanazake

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Not sure why is that. I've heard that the games worked fine a long time ago, even the HG/SS version.

When I start the games, the Flashcart's loading screen appears, a white screen comes up and it stays at that. On Heart Gold, I can hear the ringing bell from the game start, but no button or touch screen work, and the white screen keeps at it.

The only game that worked was "Platinum Enhanced", a modified version of the game where all pokemons can be caught - I never had much patience to play it, but as a test, it worked fine.

I'm using AKAIO 1.8.1 on AK2i, on a DS Phat.

----------------------------------------

I've read the noobs guide available on GBAtemp again, and found out that it could be a problem with loaders. I can't select loaders from the AK menus, even tho they're already updated.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

Yanazake

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Loaders were installed, I followed the noobs guide here at gbatemp and found out that program, so the formatting and loader part might not be needed - I may reinstall loaders just to make it sure. The loader selection option didn't appear, tho... Never saw it.

Problem is actually getting clean rom again... I just hate having to redownload games with my slow connection... But I'll do it anyway. I'll report when it's done.

Also, my Diamond game is the U version. there is a "(v05)(U)" version around - differences?

--------------------------------

Ok thanks, Heart Gold seems to be working fine. I wonder if I still have the same clean rom for Diamond...

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you want to make sure you have a clean version of the game, you can do a CRC32 check.

First you need some app to find Hashes, I use HashCheck (works flawlessly in Windows Vista and 7).
Next, use AdvanScene's Database to find your game by selecting the NDS release list and typing in the name into the far right box.
Once you get a list of matching titles, find the game and region you have and click the Title to go to a detailed information screen.
Under the Rom Info section it will tell you the CRC32. If this matches the one you have and you know you have a 100% clean copy.

For example, Pokemon Diamond (U) has a CRC32 of 84427823, and (v05) is correct for the (U) version.

If you trim or patch or alter the game in any way, the CRC32 will change as you no longer have a clean version so doing a hashcheck on those files will not help you.

Yanazake

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
It probably was an unclean version of the games - If I remember correctly, CycloDS allways patch new games that aren't in the compatibility list yet to try to make them run. I found one of the games in an old backup disc and it opened fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-