Gaming Pokemon for the 3DS

bwburke94

Gotta hack 'em all!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This thread is a troll dump, so I'll make my post a bit shorter than usual:

It's safe to assume the Gen VI games will be on 3DS. The next two releases will likely be RS remakes and Gen VI paired versions in some order. The RS remakes will be on DS if they come first and 3DS if they come second.

shoyrumaster11

Trophies
XP
Country
Pokemon on a 1MB cartridge? Excuse me? Next, we'll have 600MB cards and they'll need constant swapping just to play a proper pokemon game, or worse DLC. Gosh! Can you imagine having to "download" Zekrom using a special code just to battle and catch it? I can, it'd kill pokemon completely by doing that!

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why do people actually want a RSE remake? Im genuinely confused as to why anyone would want a remake of a game known for its extreme similarity between titles. Its not like Zelda which features different dungeons and radical gameplay changes, along with an actual story. Theres honestly, no characters to re-meet, no old gameplay to experience, no story to remaster. Its literally you seeing an old Pokemon game flooded with 3D models which does absolutely nothing for it.

xvinh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Isn't the 3DS still relatively new? I would be surprised if they don't make a 3DS exclusive Pokemon game.

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Because they grew up with it. RSE was the brother they never had.

I'd like a RSE remake because it would give new life to a game we all know.
My first pokémon game was Red, then Gold, Ruby, Pearl, Heartgold, Black and now Black 2.
I think most of the users asking for RSE remake have a story with pokemon games similar as mine.
2nd gen was my favorite, I loved the first gen, but that doesn't blind me, I can see huge benefits in a remake.
Even if you don't like 3rd gen, I don't see what could be possibily bad about a remake.

alex_0706

darknessblade
Trophies
Website
nolink.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
I think the only reason B/W2 were released on the DS, was to take advantage of people who don't yet have a 3DS. Anything past this point, I'm sure will be released on the 3DS.

i think it will take 1-2 years before they do this

in this time a lot of people have an 3ds

porkiewpyne

Report-er
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Why do people actually want a RSE remake?
Pretty much the same reason why people were praying for GSC remakes back before HGSS came out. And because I can.
I suppose the same logic applies to fighting games or even FPS like COD. Or even games like SC2/Dota etc which does not even rely on storyline inb4 diff genre and every match is different. Yea but they are pretty similar still. LOL :)

DCG

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
PKM HGSS was like a miniature time machine for me, It brought back so much memories from the Crystal time :')
A propper RSE remake (with better animations than BW, BW2 and HGSS (still love the 5 sprite animations from crystal)) would be great.

Hell, I turn 21 in a hour....
But the pkm games from my youth still have a special place in my heart :) (still have my GBA in working condition from about 11 years ago)
They motivated me to read english, they got me into contact with people.
I would love a RSE remake (if done propperly)

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
I can assure you, unless the next main Pokémon game is Black/White 3, it'll be on the 3DS.
The only reason Black/White 2 was on the DS was because it was a sequel.

And please, stop implying that Nintendo makes the Pokémon games, they just publish them.

weavile001

Spiritmaster
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I can assure you, unless the next main Pokémon game is Black/White 3, it'll be on the 3DS.
The only reason Black/White 2 was on the DS was because it was a sequel.

And please, stop implying that Nintendo makes the Pokémon games, they just publish them.
who cares for who makes the games?
for me , every game that is on any nintendo platform was made by nintendo

Reactions: Jiehfeng

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pretty much the same reason why people were praying for GSC remakes back before HGSS came out. And because I can.
I suppose the same logic applies to fighting games or even FPS like COD. Or even ga
mes like SC2/Dota etc which does not even rely on storyline inb4 diff genre and every match is different. Yea but they are pretty similar still. LOL :)

But every game builds and improves on the other. To ask for a remake is like asking for the same exact game as the new one but with less shit. I can understand remakes for things like Zelda or Mario, each game trys to change itself from the last, so it would be cool to play a game like OoT but with the combat system from Windwaker, or FourSwords with local wireless, but litterally nothing other then improvements have come out of pokemon, the only one I feel is worth a remake is Diamond since the Poketech is way better then all this C-Gear shit. And non of the games you mentioned have been remade.

YamiHoshi.nl

I'm MKGirlism.
Trophies
Website
www.dshack.org
XP
Country
I think the RS Remakes should still come on the DS, as Game Freak already has the Engine running on the DS, which should be rewritten for the 3DS, which yet again takes a very long time.

porkiewpyne

Report-er
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I think the RS Remakes should still come on the DS, as Game Freak already has the Engine running on the DS, which should be rewritten for the 3DS, which yet again takes a very long time.
I actually do think that the wait will be worth it just like how HGSS was. The longer you wait, the better the reward imho :P

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I think Gen 5 will end off with BW2. Maybe RSE remakes will be the first Gen 6 game? Who knows?

The DS is a dying species. sub-pokemon franchises (like mystery dungeon) are already making their move to 3DS.
I think Gen 5 will end with BW2 and it'll be just fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    the internet
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    @Psionic Roshambo i have 16 gb in my pc and i run into issues with ram more than i'd like to admit
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    I got only 8GB of RAM. But I want 32GB.
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Time to just download more ram
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah search Google
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me when I stick a flash drive into it.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It can act as a swap drive but that isn't more RAM, it's slooow.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wish we could have 1Gbps external storage by now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Like for micro
  • Veho @ Veho:
    New Myoo.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Yooo noice
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Looks like a Famicom handheld
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah, they were going for that.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not very good though.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm watching the review, the emulators it uses suck bawls.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Software update might improve it.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Or maybe someone will make like Emulation Station for it or something?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That counts as a software update :tpi:
    +1
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    Ello
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I can think of the design teams process another joystick and no audio or a joystick and mono audio
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "You think we can just put the speakers at the top
    ?" "NO!"
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pft stereo speakers you're fired
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pft stereo speakers you're fired +1