Homebrew Pokemon Event Editor - Help Wanted!

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yknow how in XY, if you defeat Xerneas/Yveltal, you have to walk next to it and "talk" to it to initialize a battle?
I think he's trying to manipulate those types of encounters
But wouldn't you need to CRO edit as well and not just the event?

ChaosRipple

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seems there's a couple misunderstandings in this thread atm. PKHex/PCHex is not fully what you want to look into. Those are save editing and are very simple, just byte manipulation with most of the decompilation done for you here. The idea is somewhat the same, so I guess it's okay to look at it.

Since you wish to edit the pokemon that will appear as an event in the game, you would want to dump the ROM, decompile the ROM, make your edits, recompile the ROM and inject it. Of course, with CRO patching it is a lot easier. But that would be up to you to find out where the location of this event pokemon is stored and replace it with a pokemon of your choice. This tool you wish to make will simply automate this "replacing" behavior. And for the records, C# has very similar syntax to Java/C/C++.

Reactions: Koko-Kun and Ricken

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Not a big fan of NES kid Icarus either... I know it was popular but I didn't care for it.