Homebrew Pokemon Crystal Emu Edition VC Corrupted Save

Rioluwott

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
So i was playing the recent romhack Pokemon Crystal Emu Edition on the hacked VC to be able to trade and i wanted to get my emulator save, but when i inject it with both JKSM and Savedatafiler i get "Save data is corrupted and will be initialized." when i try to play it
Does anyboy know how to fix it i tried erasing the secure value with savedatafiler and i think that JKSM does that automatically i just want my save

Thanks for reading and sorry for my bad english

Last edited by Rioluwott,

Garblant

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try to make a fresh save of Crystal Emu Edition on the 3ds. Next, Back up that save using JKSM. Finally, transfer your save from your emulator (Hopefully it's named something similar to "save.dat", with .dat being the accepted format for vc saves for JKSM) to JKSM, into the folder of the fresh Crystal Emu Edition 3ds save, replacing the save.dat only. Then, import the save using JKSM, if everything was done correctly,then you should be able to play Crystal Emu edition with your emulator's save.

(Also, next time please post this in the correct thread)

Rioluwott

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Try to make a fresh save of Crystal Emu Edition on the 3ds. Next, Back up that save using JKSM. Finally, transfer your save from your emulator (Hopefully it's named something similar to "save.dat", with .dat being the accepted format for vc saves for JKSM) to JKSM, into the folder of the fresh Crystal Emu Edition 3ds save, replacing the save.dat only. Then, import the save using JKSM, if everything was done correctly,then you should be able to play Crystal Emu edition with your emulator's save.

(Also, next time please post this in the correct thread)
i did that and it doesn`t work any other ideas?

G25900

Trophies
XP
Country
Check the size of the file between the save from the emulator and the save from the VC, some emulators have their own way of storing saves (or add/remove certain info) instead of emulating an official save. This can cause incompatibility. You will want to check if the emulator you have has a raw save option and make a save as that, if it doesn't you'll have to find one that can that is also compatible with your current save.

Pretty common issue that comes with switching saves between emulators and the VC is just another emulator.

Last edited by G25900,
Reactions: Garblant

Rioluwott

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Check the size of the file between the save from the emulator and the save from the VC, some emulators have their own way of storing saves (or add/remove certain info) instead of emulating an official save. This can cause incompatibility. You will want to check if the emulator you have has a raw save option and make a save as that, if it doesn't you'll have to find one that can that is also compatible with your current save.

Pretty common issue that comes with switching saves between emulators and the VC is just another emulator.
It seems that the Emulator save size is
32.772 bytes and its disk size is 36.864 bytes
VC save size is
32.784 bytes and its disk size is 65.536 bytes
is there any way to change its size?

Last edited by Rioluwott,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    cearp @ cearp: and Psi - I had a cd player / radio that played mp3 cds once, very cool