Pokemon Crystal Emu Edition VC Corrupted Save

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Rioluwott, Sep 3, 2016.

1. Rioluwott
    OP

Rioluwott GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 23, 2014
    Mexico
    So i was playing the recent romhack Pokemon Crystal Emu Edition on the hacked VC to be able to trade and i wanted to get my emulator save, but when i inject it with both JKSM and Savedatafiler i get "Save data is corrupted and will be initialized." when i try to play it
    Does anyboy know how to fix it i tried erasing the secure value with savedatafiler and i think that JKSM does that automatically i just want my save

Thanks for reading and sorry for my bad english

Last edited by Rioluwott, Sep 3, 2016
  2. Garblant

Garblant GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 1, 2016
    United States
    Alola
    Try to make a fresh save of Crystal Emu Edition on the 3ds. Next, Back up that save using JKSM. Finally, transfer your save from your emulator (Hopefully it's named something similar to "save.dat", with .dat being the accepted format for vc saves for JKSM) to JKSM, into the folder of the fresh Crystal Emu Edition 3ds save, replacing the save.dat only. Then, import the save using JKSM, if everything was done correctly,then you should be able to play Crystal Emu edition with your emulator's save.

(Also, next time please post this in the correct thread)

3. Rioluwott
    OP

Feb 23, 2014
    Mexico
    i did that and it doesn`t work any other ideas?

4. Garblant

Garblant GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 1, 2016
    United States
    Alola
    Try asking the users that ported Crystal Emu Edition 3ds for some help :creep:

5. G25900

G25900 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 26, 2015
    Check the size of the file between the save from the emulator and the save from the VC, some emulators have their own way of storing saves (or add/remove certain info) instead of emulating an official save. This can cause incompatibility. You will want to check if the emulator you have has a raw save option and make a save as that, if it doesn't you'll have to find one that can that is also compatible with your current save.

Pretty common issue that comes with switching saves between emulators and the VC is just another emulator.

Last edited by G25900, Sep 4, 2016
    Garblant likes this.
  6. Rioluwott
    OP

Feb 23, 2014
    Mexico
    It seems that the Emulator save size is
    32.772 bytes and its disk size is 36.864 bytes
    VC save size is
    32.784 bytes and its disk size is 65.536 bytes
    is there any way to change its size?