ROM Hack Pokemon Clear Crystal

EMP Knightmare

Fixing GBATemp's Feng Shui Engine (using Win XP)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok this seems to be getting way out of hand, listen I understand what you want to do. I myself have had dreams of what I feel a game should be. Now here's the point you seem to be missing, when others on this forum tell you that others will not take you seriously it's because they know this for fact. Not to be mean or to hurt your feelings, if you want any info I suggest you stop posting and start looking. If you can put so much effort into defending yourself you can use the same to look for what you need, as it was told to you before......if you can't find it yourself then maybe you're better off not doing it at all.

Now before you go on and try to explain yourself.......again. We all get it. You need to understand this, no one will give you the time of day unless you show them something. Drive and saying I'll work on it day and night is not going to cut it. Those who are willing to help honestly don't have the time to write everything down for you, and even if they did I doubt you'd understand it or what they are talking about.

All in all dude great idea, bad presentation. I'll use myself for an example, I know about and how to hack roms but roms have limits. I hate limits therefore I went on to start making my own game from scratch by myself.

Stop defending yourself, and go do some "digging with your bare hands" asking for handouts then snapping at others who tell you the facts without the sugar-coating.......not cool.

Oh before I forget this, if you're sick of being called a "noob" then it's up to YOU to fix it no one else.

Reactions: 5 people

MNOPYZ Strife

Actionscript Programmer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Libya
Ok this seems to be getting way out of hand, listen I understand what you want to do. I myself have had dreams of what I feel a game should be. Now hears the point you seem to be missing, when others on this forum tell you that others will not take you seriously it's because they know this for fact. Not to be mean or to hurt your feelings, if you want any info I suggest you stop posting and start looking. If you can put so much effort into defending yourself you can use the same to look for what you need, as it was told to you before......if you can't find it yourself then maybe you're better off not doing it at all.

Now before you go on and try to explain yourself.......again. We all get it. You need to understand this, no one will give you the time of day unless you show them something. Drive and saying I'll work on it day and night is not going to cut it. Those who are willing to help honestly don't have the time to write everything down for you, and even if they did I doubt you'd understand it or what they are talking about.

All in all dude great idea, bad presentation. I'll use myself for an example, I know about and how to hack roms but roms have limits. I hate limits therefore I went on to start making my own game from scratch by myself.

Stop defending yourself, and go do some "digging with your bare hands" asking for handouts then snapping at others who tell you the facts without the sugar-coating.......not cool.

Oh before I forget this, if you're sick of being called a "noob" then it's up to YOU to fix it no one else.

....All I have to say is this: Well said. My "feelings" were never hurt. I'm not sure what a hex editor is but I might aswell look it up and/or download it myself. I never knew roms had limits though...but im sure making a game myself is way out of my league. I might as well go and check some tutorials...I think i should try hacking D/P/Pt first, thanks for breaking it to me. All of this was a waste of time All of this helped me alot. Cya soon. :)

Reactions: 1 person

andibad

Soon™
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
hm .... if you serious, i give you a some site maybe is usefull for you.

1. http://projectpokemo...play.php?82-ROM (DPPt, BW, a little for HGSS)
is have many resource about NDS pokemon game, is focused on script (DPPt), trainer editor or other.
2. http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37 (most are for GBA, but you can found some DPPt and BW)
is focused on mapping, teamfail and link was discused about that, and on youtube kazo was modified pg4map (maybe i wrong XD) can read pokemon BW map. for pichu2000 is for map permission (is not support BW for now).
3. http://comunidad.pok.../forum-170.html , http://comunidad.pok.../forum-150.html (Platinum, BW, DPPt)
is seems interesting XD all are by zark :3 yeah is include tools maybe useful for you, about pokemon BW script , ect yeah i was understand some and is working for me hehehe
also in this site seems discuse about map data too. you can found some people here like zark and ~arc

i was got many tools but i forgot about link.. XP please search by yourself and learn by yourself, i just lazy to give you a video tutorial and step by step i just little confused now...

and other you can find on these forum, or on here (gbatemp). tinke / kiwi.ds /crystaltile can found on filetrip. i just give you a active forum.

i hope is useful for you, sorry about my last comment, i no make you noob... sorry.

twistedfatal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
a hex editor is a program that allows the user to open any file and modify the data whether it be text, stats,level up moves , etc etc...

hex is basicaly a number system done by bytes where a byte would be 2 digits

in our number system we would say 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 etc

in hex it goes 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 a b c d e f 16

so basicly

a = 10
b = 11
c = 12
d = 13
e = 14
f = 15
10 = 16 etc etc

so say u wanted to change all of bulbasaur stats to 50. you would search in a hex editor for 2d 31 31 2d 41 41

2d = 45
31 = 49
41 = 65

change all of these values ( 2d 31 31 2d 41 41) to 32 then fire up your game and notice that your bulbasaur now has ruffly the same stats

(ovb it wont be completely the same coz of nature and other things)

but you have successfully modified bulbasaurs stats

hope this gives you a basic knowledge of hex

also if you do decide to edit the game via hex i highly recommend you to check this forum (http://www.pokecommu...ad.php?t=131283)

thethethethe has written a greate tutorial for editing stuff in dp but most of it will work in hgss as well

also i recommend ignoring invalid replies since its ovb you asked for help

ovb = ovbious incase you didnt know xD

MNOPYZ Strife

Actionscript Programmer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Libya
Thanks a lot guys :D andibad, you can call me a noob all you want, just don't use it in an abusive way (not that you ever have) thanks a lot for the links both of you, now I can finally get started...not that I haven't tried messing with hex editor before, I accidentally learned how to delete your latest save file but keep the save file that was saved before it, that can be very very useful in battle frontiers, but using it would kinda be cheating...but still, I love accidents! (Except accidents that hurt, they just simply....hurt).

Twistedfatal, tyvm for all of that, it really helped to know that hex editor can actually do stuff like that, I kept on changing digits and if the game doesn't crash, I wouldn't find much of a result. thanks for re-kindling my hopes!

( okay now I feel like a total noob. I really didn't know what ovb meant :blink: but in my defense, ovbious isn't even a word, the word is "obvious" , so it should be "obv" lol :P )

...Um...I dont wanna be a pest, but how did 2d = 45? :blink: then it would be 2 and 13, but then it should have been 26 (multiply) or 15 (add), same goes for 31 = 49 and 41=65...

Again, I really don't wanna make you regret giving me a good answer...

andibad

Soon™
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
@twistfatal: i just added some important part XD

Decimal = 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 (just 10 only)
hex = hexadecimal, 16 number (include 0) = 0, 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E,F

1 byte = 8 bit
1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 (since computer just read 0 and 1 like yes or no, sun or moon, morning or night, ect)
h g f e d c b a

if 1 =
a : 1 (2^0)
b : 2 (2^1)
c : 4 (2^2)
... ect

a+b+c+d+e+f+g+h = 1+2+4+8+16+32+64+128 = 255 -->decimal (on hex is FF) = 1 byte

is a basic. you must know that for more quickly to calculate them XD

1 byte = 255 number (256 if is include 0- on HEXadecimal)

twistedfatal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks a lot guys :D andibad, you can call me a noob all you want, just don't use it in an abusive way (not that you ever have) thanks a lot for the links both of you, now I can finally get started...not that I haven't tried messing with hex editor before, I accidentally learned how to delete your latest save file but keep the save file that was saved before it, that can be very very useful in battle frontiers, but using it would kinda be cheating...but still, I love accidents! (Except accidents that hurt, they just simply....hurt).

Twistedfatal, tyvm for all of that, it really helped to know that hex editor can actually do stuff like that, I kept on changing digits and if the game doesn't crash, I wouldn't find much of a result. thanks for re-kindling my hopes!

( okay now I feel like a total noob. I really didn't know what ovb meant :blink: but in my defense, ovbious isn't even a word, the word is "obvious" , so it should be "obv" lol :P )
lol i get lazy sometimes with spellings :) and no probs happy to have helped :D

1 byte = 8 bit
1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 (since computer just read 0 and 1 like yes or no, sun or moon, morning or night, ect)
h g f e d c b a

if 1 =
... ect

true true but i didnt mention bits as you would use bits if you are dealing with binary. which i Doubt "MNOPYZ Strife" will be dealing with anytime soon

also cant beileve i forgot about 0 lol its coz i whenever i count i always miss it even tho im dealing with them all the time xD
:)

coolness

PSN: Dutch_DarkLord
Banned
Trophies
Website
dutchmw3.webs.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
so what your trying to tell me is that this guy dont know anything about rom hacking?
and is searching for people that can create this hack for him?

Read what he posted. He was the first person to post, didnt u read what was said? :lol: ITS IN THE URL 'not very knowledgeable dude'
Hes a total noob, but a noob with cool ideas :lol:
hahaha lol

twistedfatal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
...Um...I dont wanna be a pest, but how did 2d = 45? :blink: then it would be 2 and 13, but then it should have been 26 (multiply) or 15 (add), same goes for 31 = 49 and 41=65...

Again, I really don't wanna make you regret giving me a good answer...
Welcome to the world of hexdecimel lol --> 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,a,b,c,d,e,f,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,1a,1b,1c,1d,1e,1f,20

Black-Ice

Founder of the Church of Renamon
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Reactions: EZ-Megaman

MNOPYZ Strife

Actionscript Programmer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Libya

1 byte = 8 bit
h g f e d c b a

if 1 =
... ect

That totally made sense! It reminded me, I do have some knowledge about this stuff!
Last year, I had a computer lesson on binary digits and stuff like that, I slowly started tying them together, and although they aren't identical, there pretty similar!

Wow, NEVER did I think something I learned in school would come in handy someday! I guess Einstein wasn't perfectly right when he said: "The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education" :P
Oh and by the way, about what you said Twistedfatal:

Welcome to the world of hexdecimel lol --> 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,a,b,c,d,e,f,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,1a,1b,1c,1d,1e,1f,20

Black-Ice

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
LOL its cool dude. And when ur ready to make this project 4 real I'll gladly help. I already have HG/SS custom sprites.
Look forward to working with ya.
Aint I nice, Ice.

AkiroWolfman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man those Fakemon look much better than a lot of them that were introduced in Black and White which is quite bad but I would love being able to train a lot of them.

D

Deleted-236924

I like your ideas and I would help you if I had any knowledge and experience in this type of work. If for some reason you happen to not finish or some other factor comes up, send those ideas (just the pokemon) to gamefreak and see what they say about it. I'm pretty sure they would accept most (if not all) in a new game.
Just... lol.

Wow, NEVER did I think something I learned in school would come in handy someday
Quick fact: You learned to write when you were at school.
Don't you think that was handy?

MNOPYZ Strife

Actionscript Programmer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Libya
I like your ideas and I would help you if I had any knowledge and experience in this type of work. If for some reason you happen to not finish or some other factor comes up, send those ideas (just the pokemon) to gamefreak and see what they say about it. I'm pretty sure they would accept most (if not all) in a new game.
Just... lol.

Wow, NEVER did I think something I learned in school would come in handy someday
Quick fact: You learned to write when you were at school.
Don't you think that was handy?

.....You get what I mean, I meant information -.-
Maths in school comes in handy, anything else, not much...

Back to hacks :yaynds: ....or maybe... :hateit:

MNOPYZ Strife

Actionscript Programmer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Libya
After I started to go full throttle in focusing on hex editor, there's something that I've discovered, but I'm not sure it's entirely true.

I've started to practice hacking pokemon platinum, since I have a file on it that beat the elite four, the battle frontier and my character is now kicking back in front of
the survival area

and I totally abandoned my pokemon platinum save file since I caught every legendary pokemon (well except for:
zapdos, moltres, and articuno)

But there's something I've realized, (although I'm not entirely sure, it's just a hunch) that: After hex editing pokemon platinum (and probably is the same for any other game) If the game doesn't give me a message saying that the game is corrupt and stuff like that, and it loads fine even after hex editing it and changing some digits, shouldn't something change? I'm almost absolutely sure that something should change with every little number, but how the heck am I supposed to know what did change? I'm hardly gonna play through the entire story again and try every TM on every single pokemon and raise every pokemon to level 100, isn't there some kind of way or tool that tells you what changed in the game?

in my mind, these fakemon is not have any pokemon aspect, is similar but is not enough

from that sentence, I kinda have a feeling that every game has a limited amount of pokemons, like pokemon heart gold has 495 pokemons. but then, if every pokemon had something like it's own few bytes or whatever, can't you just add more bytes that new pokemon could occupy? I think that might be how that dude added Zekrom and Reshiram to pokemon heart gold. he couldn't have just edited something like a pidgey and take its bytes and morph it into a Zekrom, coz then there would be no Pidgeys in the game; But there are. well? are my "Theories" correct?

Black-Ice

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
from that sentence, I kinda have a feeling that every game has a limited amount of pokemons, like pokemon heart gold has 495 pokemons. but then, if every pokemon had something like it's own few bytes or whatever, can't you just add more bytes that new pokemon could occupy? I think that might be how that dude added Zekrom and Reshiram to pokemon heart gold. he couldn't have just edited something like a pidgey and take its bytes and morph it into a Zekrom, coz then there would be no Pidgeys in the game; But there are. well? are my "Theories" correct?
Pokemon heart gold and soul silver arent programmed to kno what a zekrom is unfortunatly, which is why pokemon hacks that have every single pokemon can only be done on the latest edition, B&W.
I suppose you could try take the data for say zapdos and swap the sprite for a zerkrom one and edit the moves but that may not work .

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1