Pokemon Clear Crystal

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by MNOPYZ Strife, Nov 17, 2011.

Nov 17, 2011

Pokemon Clear Crystal by MNOPYZ Strife at 5:41 PM (70,993 Views / 5 Likes) 628 replies

1. MNOPYZ Strife
    OP

Member MNOPYZ Strife Actionscript Programmer

Libya
    [​IMG]
    Pokemon Clear Crystal

Current Team Members
    @[Member='MNOPYZ Strife']
    @[Member='Black-Ice']
    Special Help from:
    @[Member='EMP Knightmare']
    @[Member='Andibad']

It's gonna be a hack of HG/SS :) I chose heart gold because of the many awesome things, but the best thing I like about pokemon heart gold is walking with your pokemon :D
    Link to Clear Crystal Gallery: Click Here

ScreenShots:

Warning: Spoilers inside!

Patches:

Pokemon Clear Crystal Beta Patch v0.001 For Soul Silver

Pokemon Clear Crystal Beta Patch v0.001 For Heart Gold

-All trade pokemon can evolve through different methods, I'll post how they evolve later on.
    -Title screen edited.
    -Freeze fixed.

That's all for now, sorry that there isn't much that's new, I'm making way more additions to the game later on,
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey Guys, After half a year, I'm finally back and ready to hack.

Ice and I worked a lot on the story and some sprites during these hackless months...

...And we made most of the plot.

Here's the plot, for anyone that wants a little peek at what Clear Crystal's story is gonna be like.

Note: Before this story starts, you choose your Character’s name and gender (that is a bit obvious though…)

That’s enough of the plot for now…the game wouldn’t be very fun if I spoiled the whole plot :P

…But I will give this last bit:

I bet you didn’t understand most of that…well, you’re not supposed to, not until you play the whole story :P

As for Gameplay , the following adjustments have been made:

Well, that’s about it. Ice and I are gonna get back to working on CC, and if anyone wants to give an opinion, idea, or wants to join Strife and Ice Corp. , go ahead, post :)

2. Prof. 9

Member Prof. 9 GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    "Hey guys I have no idea how to hack ROMs, please do all the work for me, thanks!"

31 people like this.
  3. andibad

Member andibad Soon™

Indonesia
    XD like this +1 XD , bold: -1

nobody will give you tutorial specific for you idea, all tools for you or join on you team without something is benefit XD
    all tools are is a HEX EDITOR xD if you want all you idea is possible.

if possible you can check on http://gbatemp.net/topic/313750-essence-of-romhacking/ ? i no judge you :P i just show you a thread is give advise to you. before you posting you all idea and want make a hack of game pokemon, you must know some limited feature on these game, every generation is not same system on scripting (i no mean sciprt is different but is not same set) XP

1 person likes this.
  4. Black-Ice

Member Black-Ice Founder of the Church of Renamon

United Kingdom
    Andibads right
    U need at least some knowledge of hacking or scripting or something helpful if you wanna lead a project into hacking. I'll allow thats its a good idea, but do u even know who made dem fakemons?
    If you manage to find people who are willing to make this project for you i'll participate too but if/until that happens. Click that link yo ^

EZ-Megaman likes this.
  5. coolness

Banned coolness PSN: Dutch_DarkLord

Netherlands
    im interested
    im in a secret group now
    but i have sometime can i help?

6. Black-Ice

United Kingdom
    Can you in anyway hack or edit a rom? This guy doesnt know how to conduct this, he only has the idea.
    The whole point of this project post is for people to know what they can do for it.

EZ-Megaman likes this.
  7. coolness

Banned coolness PSN: Dutch_DarkLord

Netherlands
    so what your trying to tell me is that this guy dont know anything about rom hacking?
    and is searching for people that can create this hack for him?

8. twistedfatal

Newcomer twistedfatal Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    1- i recommend asking the creator of the hack how to add fakemons or to do it yourself i think you will either need knowledge of assembly (asm) or you would need to know how to

repoint data as i think i read somewhere that hg/ss is strict on adding pokes

2- you would need a trainer editor and a moveset editor - i think theirs ppre for hgss but im not sure. if their is you can get of projectpokemon (google)

also to make the ace trainer's pokemon run away you will either need script knowledge or assembly again - Google search for tutorials or check around this forum or pokecommunity

theirs alot of tutorials on pokecommunity

3-you can get a gym editor from pokecommunity (check Swamperts Tool Showcase) for a gym editor

4- you will need a stats editor to make pokemon give more exp

5-you will need a text editor to do that . best bet is to check projectpokemon for 1 or the famous google

6- to do this i think you will need assembly or script editing. you might even be able to do this in hex. but i dont actually know. again you will need a tut

7-you will need a mart editor to do this or knowledge on hex editing

note. projectpokemon is down at time of writing. with all that said good luck on your hack

1 person likes this.
  9. Black-Ice

United Kingdom
    Read what he posted. He was the first person to post, didnt u read what was said? :lol: ITS IN THE URL 'not very knowledgeable dude'
    Hes a total noob, but a noob with cool ideas :lol:

EZ-Megaman likes this.
  10. MNOPYZ Strife
    OP

Libya
    If my internet wasn't so slow, i would have replied ages ago. ok, lets start. first of all:

Um...if my browser worked properly, would have used the quote feature, but oh well:

"Hey guys I have no idea how to hack ROMs, please do all the work for me, thanks!" written by prof.9 ...

First of all, that is NOT what i mean by any of the stuff i posted. all i wanted was a few tutorials just to tell me where to start. i read a link to a topic called "the essence of romhacking" and it really uh..."opened my eyes", so all i want from tutorials is where to start.

Second, I wanted some people to help me when i said i wanted to gather a team because of the story, some people have pretty amazing story ideas, im pretty much just good with game play ideas. and besides, if were more than one, the project would be alot funner, quicker (no, im not in a hurry at all) , and we could help each other out. sure i'm new to this, but we all have to start at some point! we were all noobs one day! so don't use the word in a bad way.

I hope you understand now Prof.9 and you take you're mockery back.

Hopefully i do good hacking roms... anyways, where was I? ah yes...

Coolness: "so what your trying to tell me is that this guy dont know anything about rom hacking?and is searching for people that can create this hack for him?"

yet again, everybody is a noob at some stage, i just got good idea early and i need to properly understand hacking before i can start with the clear crystal project, and i'm not searching for people to make my rom for me, im searching for people to make the job easier. dear god, you couldn't of said it in a more insultive way :(

twistedfatal, you're post was one of the only ones which helped me alot, and gave me alot of information. the other post that helped was andibad 's post, thanks for the link, it really...um..."showed me the light" :P

Black-ice, dear god, where do I start? if you were any harsher on me you might as well had tracked me down and stabbed me in my face X_X

I like that you said my idea was good, but like a pretty boy that looks dumb, after saying something smart would say: "I'm not just a pretty face you know"...
    oh man. that was probably the worse example ever...meh, might as well continue...look, I'm not giving the idea out and asking for people to make it for me, I was hoping for someone to teach me the basics so I could start hacking "tutorials", I wanted tools, but after seeing that link that said its best that i dont use tools, i changed my mind, they said it would making things easier to use tools but i guess i'd learn more by digging with my bare hands then with a spade...
    and I wanted a "team" to make things easier. you know, two heads are better than one? like I mentioned before, its quicker, more fun, and we could hellp each other out.

btw, plz stop abusing the word noob...if you were so good at reading the URL, ud see it said dont judge me, im new :P we were all new sometime, right?

5 people like this.
  11. Ammako

Member Ammako GBAtemp Guru

Canada
    I send my congratulations to the person who made these fakemons, and I hope said person wouldn't mind someone using them in a hack.

12. Hatchetball

Member Hatchetball GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Good luck with this project. The fakemons look interesting, I hope you asked permission from the creator to use them in this project. If you want to save about 3 months of work, just start in Johto lol I attempted this and it was very time consuming, I just scratched the idea and continued with the rest of the project. Sorry to see you get so much flame on your topic here. Not all of us are a-holes. :ninja:

2 people like this.
  13. MNOPYZ Strife
    OP

Libya
    Hatchetball, thank you very much for such a beautiful post :) Also, since Choice no.3 in the poll, Q2 was the most voted for, then Okay, the game is probably gonna end up starting in Johto :)

Sadly, the guy who made those Fakemons didn't leave any way at all to contact him, I'm gonna try my best to contact him though, I'm gonna go sign up to DeviantART to send him the message. Lucky for me....(and the hack)....he left his DeviantART account name.

Pingouin7, Very well, I'll send your congratulations to him while I'm there :P

14. john.jingle

Member john.jingle GBAtemp Regular

United States
    While I have nothing constructive to say about how to help you with the romhacking, I will say that some of the fakemon do not look very much like pokemon. Instead, they have a more neopets vibe to them.

1 person likes this.
  15. Zerosuit connor

Member Zerosuit connor Baby I'm Back ♥

Australia
    Have fun with sprite editing and adding :)

1 person likes this.
  16. shadowmanwkp

Member shadowmanwkp Your roms are on another rom site

Netherlands
    I'm sorry, but I urge you to read that topic again. One of the most important parts in the first post there is that you SHOULDN'T look at the end result, but enjoy the hacking itself. If you're going to announce that you're going to hack a game that has been hacked dozens of times you won't be taken seriously. Most hackers just try to hack first and try to understand how a game works by hard work. Occasionally you will see somebody ask for help, but they are taken seriously because they are very driven to hack games and can proof it. Just try hacking the game yourself, make some serious progress, and if it fails, try harder, or accept that you can't do it.

17. MNOPYZ Strife
    OP

Libya
    I do agree that some of them are to "soft drawn" to be pokemons, but still, that just makes them cuter, and there not gonna look like that during battle, there gonna be...well, a little sharper maybe, and smaller so they could fit the screen :P

I know that its gonna be a pain in the....well, everywhere, but sure, it is gonna be fun :) but I don't plan on making the whole game revolve around the Fakemons, I'm just gonna add the starters, and the evolved / pre-evolved forms of old pokemons, like #095 Cetaness, and #030 Sweetzel.

.....Oh man. there all so good. I wish I could just add them all...maybe I can, but the chances are like slim to nothing, so no-one and nothing should get there/its hopes up =/ ....

18. gameandmatch

Member gameandmatch GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I like your ideas and I would help you if I had any knowledge and experience in this type of work. If for some reason you happen to not finish or some other factor comes up, send those ideas (just the pokemon) to gamefreak and see what they say about it. I'm pretty sure they would accept most (if not all) in a new game.

19. MNOPYZ Strife
    OP

Libya
    First of all, Gameandmatch, I didn't make those Fakemons, I got them from someone on deviantART.

In a more important matter:

Shadowmanwkp, I'm sorry, but I urge you to read what I said again. I wanted tutorials to tell me where to begin. Like the topic says: "the rom hack idea of the not very knowledgeable dude" "I'm new, don't judge me" To be honest, I have know idea what to do or where to begin. I can figure out what to do on my own, but where do I do it? that's what I mainly meant.

I don't really think that was your point, but it's one of the most important points of that topic.

Accept I can't do it? I'm very driven to hack what I wanna hack. And what I'm gonna do to prove it is I'm gonna work long and hard, and I'm gonna dig with my bare hands instead of using a spade.

Lot's of you people just take me as a person who has an idea but can't do anything but ask for someone to do it for them. NO. I may be a noob, I may not have any knowledge about hacking, but I'm gonna keep trying until the hack is successful!

I know I'm not supposed to look at the end result, but all I'm doing is setting the plans for the game. And I will, at all times, never close my mind to any possibilities because of that. I'll keep my mind wide open, I'll try absolutely everything to succeed!

And thank you for tightening the bulb on my head. I was thinking of it, I just needed some re-assuring. I'm gonna practice hacking on either old roms on nds like D/P/Pt, or just try changing things in HG/SS bit by bit to see what every single little digit does. What do I need to start practicing? Where do I change these digits? What the heck is a hex editor? I'm gonna need that knowledge. Can anyone tell me?

1 person likes this.
  20. andibad

Member andibad Soon™

Indonesia
    okay if you want hack it but you must see some simple tutorial on gbatemp for editing sprite or music... for pokemon you can't added new pokemon since not all data are discovered so it will give error. some tools are avaiable but is no really good for newbie since it will give error in sometimes.. if you don't know how to edit them on hex editor you never solved that problem.

you idea is good, but for now is seem hard for you, replacing every pokemon with fakemon. on pokemon BW is animated pokemon, is have structure on animate frame, if you just edit on ncgr is seems waste you time since narn and ncer is not touched, it will limited you on editing ncgr.. but you can using gym leader sprite set is have static sprite so is can be usable on front sprite. but is no to simple to do.

first, you must know how to edit them on hex editor, no just can using tools, you must know structure on hex. if not it will become more hard for you.

for pratice, editing text is easy for you (hm i no mean easy), editing pokemon stat, is seem posible easy for you XD

i no mean you can't to do that XD i just worried if you still new on that why you take a you idea is seem impossible for now XD