swiftgallade46

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DRAYANO!!! u didnt fix the Soul Dew-> Frost Breath and now i have two Soul Dews... :( well i guess i have one for each Lati now... but can u change another item to Frost Breath? because i cant go back and get it now... ah well i guess thats what cheat codes are for....

Hylianzero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im wondering what is the most better patch? the clean patch or the full patch? whats their difference in case of pokemon, item, or evolution?
Please reply to my question
If I recall correctly, the clean Patch has everything the full patch has, except for the Pokémon edits.
So if you want to play the game with the original Pokémon stats, movepool, etc. then you should go for the clean patch.
If you want to have a totally new experience, try the full patch, which has several Pokémon types, movesets, and even some Pokémon moves themselves edited.

So, how does one actually create a ROM hack like this?
(...)
As in, where would a person with no experience start a project like this?
I would suggest to start thinking about what you would like to have edited; so far, with the tools available, you have the power to edit the following:
  1. Text
  2. Wild Pokémon
  3. Trainer's Pokémon
  4. Overworld Sprites
  5. Trainer Sprites
  6. Mugshot Sprites
  7. Evolution methods
  8. Pokémon: Stats, Typing, Movepool, etc.
  9. Attacks (Moves)
So try thinking of an original way to create a new and astonishing hack.

Then, start editing a hack as a tutorial for yourself, and edit small things, like text and Pokémon stats, etc. and check if it has worked out.

You shouldn't ask such questions in this topic anymore though, because it isn't related to Pokémon Blaze Black & Volt White.

Actually, it sort of is. I love Blaze Black and Volt White, but I'm not a fan of some of the changes that were made. Mostly type changes and what not. I actually want to learn so I can go in and edit out a few things for my own personal enjoyment, not to sound like a jerk or anything.

Edit: Also, would someone mind linking me to the tools for BW? I found some stuff, but it was all a bit convoluted and I don't want to get mixed up.

megagodx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Up until now, I've been editing in the Dream World abilities with PokeGen. Can you "legitimately" soft-reset for DW abilities on the starters or do those have to be caught in the wild?

frozt03

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I need some help here. please help me with this..

How can i put the action replay code for acekard and edge flashcart?
i want to check my I.V and E.V if i put them in the right stat properly/

Please help (teach me some tutorial)
:(

hyogman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I found two errors, one of them is a big one. First... on Victory Road 3rd Floor, there is a Black Belt called Tyrone. If you engage in battle, you will get a blue screen saying "An error was found, please restart the system".

Looking the a/0/9/2 and a/0/9/3 narcs (trdata and trpoke), it supposed that Black Belt Tyrone have 5 pokemons on his team, but actually, he only have a Lvl. 88 Staraptor and the four remaining slots are empty. The correct lineup, (as indicated on the documentation) is:

Black Belt Tyrone: Poliwrath L67, Mienshao L67, Aggron L67, Conkeldurr L67, Metagross L67

The second error ocurred when you try to get the three TM's from Professor Juniper. When she try to give you TM60 (Quash), if you already have received TM10 (Hidden Power) from Fennel (after beat the first gym), Professor Juniper won't give you TM60, telling that you have no room for TM10. That's pretty odd. I fixed this erasing TM10 from my bag using Pokesav, and adding it after received TM60 from Juniper.

Those are not game-breaking errors, but I thought was worthy to mention it.

Drayano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
There's some of these errors I could have sworn I fixed like the Frost Breath and Juniper ones, but I guess not o_o; I'll make a minor update soon I guess, and I'll add in the Spooky Manor moves while I'm at it

Oxnite

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
IIRC I didn't, the problem is I don't know which trainer is which because the names don't change in the trainer editors, so it's hard to locate them D:
Well, you should open the trainer names list in a text editor (which is in a/0/0/2, file 190). There, search for the edited Trainer name, then look for an unedited trainer name around it.
In the Pokémon Trainer Editor, search for the found unedited trainer name, then look around it for the Trainer you were searching for.

It's not easily explained but easy to work with.

KingAsix

ByJustAsix
Trophies
Website
www.byjustasix.com
XP
Country
United States
I like to say I love this hack....Very challenging and its fun to see some pokemon that I haven't seen in some time.

I have question though. I'm playing the full patch version of the game and a friend of mine wants some pokemon from me. Will my pokemon from the full patch cause any problems in my friends legit game

hyogman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi Drayano. This might sound strange, but here I go.... How can I take the xdelta patch and modify it in order to patch a file that is not from USA or EUR, to be specific:

Black (S): IRBS 17487AFA
White (S): IRAS 11F41913

As you can see, those are the spanish version of pokemon B&W. I'm not asking if you can do it for me, I'm asking if it's possible and how can I do it.

Drayano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't think I'm likely to add any more type changes at this point, tbh I think I did too many as it is D=

Pokémon transferred shouldn't cause any problems, no, although they technically won't be legitimate (as they only are within the boundaries of BB/VW.)

Hmm, my best guess would be to get a usual English one, then transfer the appropriate .narc files across to the Spanish ROM and then make a new patch. Pretty sure you can't tweak the current xdelta patch to work for a different language, or at least not without extreme difficulty.

Coleman4Ever

Trophies
XP
Country
i tried downloading the patched and documentation, downloaded from megaupload. that all worked fine but when i started playing it my pokemon do not gain exp points when i win a match can you advise me on how to sort this pleaseeeeeeeeeee really want to play this but pretty pointless if i get to the 1st gym leader with level 2-5 :/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision the new...