ROM Hack Pokémon Blaze Black & Pokémon Volt White

tlyee61

le dancing Tyranitar~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what do I do with the .rar files in the (E) rom???????
mad.gif

Hatchetball

RepititionRedundancyRepitition
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tlyee61 said:
Hey Drayano,
Im trying to patch a clean Pokemon White (U) rom and whenever I drag it over to the "whitepatch" .bat file it says some thing like XD3_INVALID_INPUT but then says All Done! Press any key to continue. When I drag the file over to my Micro SD Card, the name is changed to PokemonWhite.nds and it is just a regular rom with the same ID and everything. The reason why I didnt try xdelta is becuse whenever I click on it, it opens a command prompt then closes after 1 second...... Plz help
wacko.gif

Change the ROM name to something simple, I had the same issue at first. I just changed mine to "PokemonWhite" then my Black to "Pokemon Black" and it patched just fine.

B3astinSnipes said:
Hey guys i need some help..i dont know who to catch as my next pokemon.heres my team so far
Dewott-32
Staravia-32
Pansear-32
And i want to know which to catch:snivy,bulbasaur,treeko,turtwig or chickorita? what u guys think
Read the manual it comes with. It will tell you in DETAIL where everything is. Catch whatever you want? It's just a Pokemon game.

helloworld12321 said:
I successfully patched my Pokemon White (E) clean rom, and got 2 roms out of it
--
PokemonWhite.nds
PokemonVoltWhite.nds
--
Neither succeed in starting.
They stop at the white Pokemon Company screen
What firmware are you using and what type of cartridge are you using to play the game?
Also, PokemonWhite.nds would be the un-edited version of the deal, the edited ROM is PokemonVoltWhite.nds after you run the drag/drop patch.
Getting 2 ROMs = it patched.
Getting 2 ROMs and it won't load properly = Firmware issue. Not ROM issue. (Considering you're using a US/EUR ROM)

QUOTE(tlyee61 @ May 15 2011, 08:58 PM)
mad.gif
That makes very little sense. Elaborate for us so that we can understand what you're talking about.
If you want help just be nice and straight up. If you're having issues just say what the problem is.
Do you not understand how to extract the patching folder? Are you having a issue patching your ROM? Explain.

Drayano: Congrats man, over sixty-four THOUSAND views on this project. That is a great feat, be proud of this project man!

tlyee61

le dancing Tyranitar~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hatchetball said:
tlyee61 said:
Hey Drayano,
Im trying to patch a clean Pokemon White (U) rom and whenever I drag it over to the "whitepatch" .bat file it says some thing like XD3_INVALID_INPUT but then says All Done! Press any key to continue. When I drag the file over to my Micro SD Card, the name is changed to PokemonWhite.nds and it is just a regular rom with the same ID and everything. The reason why I didnt try xdelta is becuse whenever I click on it, it opens a command prompt then closes after 1 second...... Plz help
wacko.gif

Change the ROM name to something simple, I had the same issue at first. I just changed mine to "PokemonWhite" then my Black to "Pokemon Black" and it patched just fine.

B3astinSnipes said:
Hey guys i need some help..i dont know who to catch as my next pokemon.heres my team so far
Dewott-32
Staravia-32
Pansear-32
And i want to know which to catch:snivy,bulbasaur,treeko,turtwig or chickorita? what u guys think
Read the manual it comes with. It will tell you in DETAIL where everything is. Catch whatever you want? It's just a Pokemon game.

helloworld12321 said:
I successfully patched my Pokemon White (E) clean rom, and got 2 roms out of it
--
PokemonWhite.nds
PokemonVoltWhite.nds
--
Neither succeed in starting.
They stop at the white Pokemon Company screen
What firmware are you using and what type of cartridge are you using to play the game?
Also, PokemonWhite.nds would be the un-edited version of the deal, the edited ROM is PokemonVoltWhite.nds after you run the drag/drop patch.
Getting 2 ROMs = it patched.
Getting 2 ROMs and it won't load properly = Firmware issue. Not ROM issue. (Considering you're using a US/EUR ROM)

QUOTE(tlyee61 @ May 15 2011, 08:58 PM)
mad.gif
That makes very little sense. Elaborate for us so that we can understand what you're talking about.
If you want help just be nice and straight up. If you're having issues just say what the problem is.
Do you not understand how to extract the patching folder? Are you having a issue patching your ROM? Explain.

Drayano: Congrats man, over sixty-four THOUSAND views on this project. That is a great feat, be proud of this project man!
OK so I have the SweeTnDS or whatever .rar package and it comes up with a bunch of .rar files inside. Inside the .rar files, there is a file that is the rom with some arrow next to it. when I try to extract that onto my SD card, WinRAR comes up with an error message saying its a corrupted file... this is my problem

B3astinSnipes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea i understand its a pokemon game but i want help.....nvrm i cant ask for help one time around here without someone having to say a negative response...but thanks to those who did help

Hatchetball

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tlyee61 said:
OK so I have the SweeTnDS or whatever .rar package and it comes up with a bunch of .rar files inside. Inside the .rar files, there is a file that is the rom with some arrow next to it. when I try to extract that onto my SD card, WinRAR comes up with an error message saying its a corrupted file... this is my problem
I'm not even sure what you're talking about. Sounds like you're discussing something about a ROM, which isn't allowed here.
If you want help after you figure that out, we'll help :/ but yeah, no discussing ROMs.

QUOTE(B3astinSnipes @ May 16 2011, 09:34 PM) Yea i understand its a pokemon game but i want help.....nvrm i cant ask for help one time around here without someone having to say a negative response...but thanks to those who did help
Whatcha need help with B3astin? (other than the team changes... I'm sure there's another thread for that :/)

tlyee61

le dancing Tyranitar~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hatchetball said:
tlyee61 said:
I'm not even sure what you're talking about. Sounds like you're discussing something about a ROM, which isn't allowed here.
If you want help after you figure that out, we'll help :/ but yeah, no discussing ROMs.

QUOTE(B3astinSnipes @ May 16 2011, 09:34 PM) Yea i understand its a pokemon game but i want help.....nvrm i cant ask for help one time around here without someone having to say a negative response...but thanks to those who did help
Whatcha need help with B3astin? (other than the team changes... I'm sure there's another thread for that :/)
Im not talking about where to find it, just how to unpack it.

Mirato

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey drayano great patch of the game its brilliant! I first stated playing this game when it was version 1.2 and got up to the 3rd gym leader. I recently started playing again with the same save file but using the 2.0 patch. I checked in the trade and item changes document and it states that you get the bicycle in the first city and i've already gone passed that bit of the game without getting the bicycle. Since im now playing 2.0 does it mean i won't be able to get it?
Thanks!

Cheren

Pokemon Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Mirato,in the Original Games,you get the Bicycle on Nimbassa City,the Fourth City of the Fourth Gym Leader,Elesa

joeycookson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
tlyee61 said:
Hatchetball said:
tlyee61 said:

You need to use the action replay cheat to get past the loading screen or it will crash.

tlyee61

le dancing Tyranitar~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
joeycookson said:
tlyee61 said:
Hatchetball said:
tlyee61 said:

You need to use the action replay cheat to get past the loading screen or it will crash.
But I have a SCDSTWO

Hatchetball

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dan Kuso said:
When I Tried to Patch the ROM to Blaze Black it says that it don´t have found the ROM
Put the ROM in the patching folder.

QUOTE(Mirato @ May 17 2011, 12:50 PM) Hey drayano great patch of the game its brilliant! I first stated playing this game when it was version 1.2 and got up to the 3rd gym leader. I recently started playing again with the same save file but using the 2.0 patch. I checked in the trade and item changes document and it states that you get the bicycle in the first city and i've already gone passed that bit of the game without getting the bicycle. Since im now playing 2.0 does it mean i won't be able to get it?
Thanks!
You should be able to travel/walk/run back to that spot and get the item? Hm. That is a very good question about the Bike. Test it for us and see? I'm interested in hearing the result.

Drayano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm in the middle of revising for some very important exams, so I won't be updating the hack for a little while, even for bugfixes and stuff. Keep sending any bugs you find in and I'll get around to it when I can. For now I have the Taillow and Ralts thing to deal with, and I'm too lazy to check for whatever else though I'm sure there's been other things. Also, a new version in the sense of a huge change isn't too likely at any time in the near future.

As for the Bicycle question, I'm afraid it does mean you can't get it, yeah. It's why I stressed about starting a New Game on 2.0; I swapped a fair few important key items around so it's kind of hard to continue playing from a point in the middle unless you're really far into the game (though then you miss out on a bunch of TMs and evolution items...)

Hatchetball

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maninder said:
I am using TTDS and YSMENU and when I try to play Pokemon Volt White I get the usual error message. So can someone help me out here!
Use THIS Firmware and you will be fine.
Anyone else having TTDS issues, I suggest using this firmware as well. It's WoodTT just modded a bit. Enjoy.

DakkuMauji

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just to add to more missing movesets:

When I was raising Skitty, it didn't learn anything.
Swellow didn't learn any of its normal moves, but instead at level 28 tried to learn swallow.
Nuzleaf did learn Razor Leaf at level 14, but nothing else afterwards.

In regards to Ralts and Taillow, even the wild ones didn't have anything besides Growl, Confusion and Peck and Growl respectively.

Taillow did try to learn at around level 18 or 19, a move called -----. Thought that was funny but didn't see what happens if I allowed it.

But, just letting you know. Good luck on your exams then. :]

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Drayano, I've got to say, this is amazing. Normally I don't care about hacks that don't have scripting or mapping, but you've put real work into what would normally be a mediocre hack. By far this is the best BW hack I've seen so far and I'm having genuine fun playing it (plus this is my first time ever playing the US version, my vanilla save is on a Japanese version of White with the 7th version of the translation).

All I've got to say is, great work and good luck on your exams.

Drayano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
There must be some sort of error with the level-up .narc, I guess. I'm sure I didn't change it, but maybe I better pull one from an older version just in case.

Hearing this being the best BW hack is nice, though granted there isn't that much to compete with seeing as I've yet to see any other BW hacks that were actually finished :x Light Black is the closest I think

But I digress - thank you! (For the hack compliments and the exam luck) Particularly if I've actually managed to make a boring sort of hack interesting, haha.

Okay, so I think what I need to fix is:
- Level up movesets (affecting Ralts, Taillow, Nuzleaf, Swellow, Skitty)
- Investigate the Larvitar line's ability
- Gyarados' change of ability was reversed, so need to change to Moxie again

I notice with the level up thing they're all Pokémon in a close range, so it seems to be affecting Pokémon about the #274~#300 range. What I don't understand is why it's only affecting some of them, though.

Also, added a link to my video playlist for the hack into the first post. Still working on that but I'm pretty far.

EDIT: Okay I just inserted the old level-up .narc and the level ups worked fine after that. I don't even remember changing any level up moves in V2.0 so I have no idea where that problem came from o_o; At least I know how to fix it now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Why do that when they make bogus accounts