ROM Hack Pokémon Blaze Black & Pokémon Volt White

Forceboink

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I downloaded the newest firmware for the ttds you suggested hatchet and the rom loads up, but i get a black screen right after the professor speech. Any Ideas?

Hatchetball

RepititionRedundancyRepitition
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Forceboink said:
I downloaded the newest firmware for the ttds you suggested hatchet and the rom loads up, but i get a black screen right after the professor speech. Any Ideas?
The ROM that you patched. Was it a clean ROM, or a ROM that was AP patched already?
A clean ROM is needed in this case because the patch for Blaze/Volt have a built in anti-piracy fix upon patching.
Chances are that the ROM you have is already AP patched, which 9 times out of 10 will cause a black screen issue.
Knowing technology these days I could be wrong here, it could be something entirely different.
But, it sounds like an AP patched ROM was used in this case. Or it could be a badly dumped ROM.
(Which, is still weird cause WoodTT really doesn't have AP issues much because of Wood's system)
I suggest patching a different ROM and trying it. If the issue happens again, then it's a different issue.

(I know we're not suppose to discuss AP... but I have to ask to help, so mods, don't count this against me or anything, please.)

Forceboink

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After trying multiple roms, I kept trying pokemon white roms that i believed were clean, maybe they weren't maybe they were idk. When i tried my first pokemon black rom it worked and got me past the professor speech. I don't know if its coincidence or if it's just the first clean rom i actually got. I have it working for now thanks.

Arshes91

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Duskye said:
Arshes91 said:
Hey Drayano can you re add you patch on megaupload or multiupload please O.O
Here, I did it for you.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FY5QUI0K
Thank you
smile.gif

Drayano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for doing the MU thing, I'll throw the link into the first post.

ZoRk, no idea. Are you still trying to use xdelta GUI or are you using the .bat files to patch?

andibad

Soon™
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
drayano you can using this http://www.box.net/shared/8e0ky0qfit, this tools always i used for my mod (pokemon black), and is always working on windows 7 sp 1, windows Vista sp2 and windows XP sp 3 with net framework 3.5. yeah in new method patch from you is so make my clean ROM really broken
frown.gif
so many place become crash... :/

nb: in my old computer is using windows XP sp 3 is working fine....., for vista i think is working since was already installed net framework but just need install update only :/

ShinyJellicent12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hatchetball said:
tlyee61 said:
Hey Drayano,
Im trying to patch a clean Pokemon White (U) rom and whenever I drag it over to the "whitepatch" .bat file it says some thing like XD3_INVALID_INPUT but then says All Done! Press any key to continue. When I drag the file over to my Micro SD Card, the name is changed to PokemonWhite.nds and it is just a regular rom with the same ID and everything. The reason why I didnt try xdelta is becuse whenever I click on it, it opens a command prompt then closes after 1 second...... Plz help
wacko.gif

Change the ROM name to something simple, I had the same issue at first. I just changed mine to "PokemonWhite" then my Black to "Pokemon Black" and it patched just fine.

B3astinSnipes said:
Hey guys i need some help..i dont know who to catch as my next pokemon.heres my team so far
Dewott-32
Staravia-32
Pansear-32
And i want to know which to catch:snivy,bulbasaur,treeko,turtwig or chickorita? what u guys think
Read the manual it comes with. It will tell you in DETAIL where everything is. Catch whatever you want? It's just a Pokemon game.

helloworld12321 said:
I successfully patched my Pokemon White (E) clean rom, and got 2 roms out of it
--
PokemonWhite.nds
PokemonVoltWhite.nds
--
Neither succeed in starting.
They stop at the white Pokemon Company screen
What firmware are you using and what type of cartridge are you using to play the game?
Also, PokemonWhite.nds would be the un-edited version of the deal, the edited ROM is PokemonVoltWhite.nds after you run the drag/drop patch.
Getting 2 ROMs = it patched.
Getting 2 ROMs and it won't load properly = Firmware issue. Not ROM issue. (Considering you're using a US/EUR ROM)

QUOTE(tlyee61 @ May 15 2011, 08:58 PM)
what do I do with the .rar files in the (E) rom???????
mad.gif
That makes very little sense. Elaborate for us so that we can understand what you're talking about.
If you want help just be nice and straight up. If you're having issues just say what the problem is.
Do you not understand how to extract the patching folder? Are you having a issue patching your ROM? Explain.

Drayano: Congrats man, over sixty-four THOUSAND views on this project. That is a great feat, be proud of this project man!
I'm using an R4...

kidisnice87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The wild pokemon guide says that a Poliwhirl and Politoed are the pokemon found in the special water spots in Pinwheel Forest by fishing

However I instead find Golducks in the special fishing spots

Drayano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
kidisnice87 said:
The wild pokemon guide says that a Poliwhirl and Politoed are the pokemon found in the special water spots in Pinwheel Forest by fishing

However I instead find Golducks in the special fishing spots
I remember noting that down in the document because I forgot you could fish in Pinwheel Forest prior to getting the bike, but looks like I forgot to change it >>; Thanks.

Maninder

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hatchetball said:
Maninder said:
I am using TTDS and YSMENU and when I try to play Pokemon Volt White I get the usual error message. So can someone help me out here!
Use THIS Firmware and you will be fine.
Anyone else having TTDS issues, I suggest using this firmware as well. It's WoodTT just modded a bit. Enjoy.
Ok now I have got WOODTT and how do I put cheats on? How do I return to YSMENU?

Hatchetball

RepititionRedundancyRepitition
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maninder said:
Hatchetball said:
Maninder said:
I am using TTDS and YSMENU and when I try to play Pokemon Volt White I get the usual error message. So can someone help me out here!
Use THIS Firmware and you will be fine.
Anyone else having TTDS issues, I suggest using this firmware as well. It's WoodTT just modded a bit. Enjoy.
Ok now I have got WOODTT and how do I put cheats on? How do I return to YSMENU?
In the _RPG folder there is a folder called "cheats" paste your usrcheat.dat there. Keep it where it normally is in the TTMenu folder as well.
Pressing Y on a selected ROM and then pressing X will bring up the cheat list, if the usrcheat.dat has cheats for that game in it.
Also, you'll have to enabled the cheats, the option is found in the settings.
Get a copy of TTDS's YSMenu firmware. Take the TTMenu.nds file from the YSmenu and rename it YSMenu.nds - place it at the root, or in your ROMs folder.
Simply select/run it like a game to open YSMenu.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Castlevania game was on the PS1 so that's cool +1