Hacking Pokemon Blaze Black "An Error Has Occured" Issue

jhan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a R4i3DS (This one- http://www.realhotstuff2.com/R4i-Gold-3DS-RTS_p_86.html), and it works totally fine, except for this one game. Whenever I start it up, it says, "Loading", then cuts to white, then cuts to a black screen that says "An Error has occured. Please turn off the power."

I've already tried changing the save type, turning off "Cheats in Game" and "Reset in Game", but it doesn't help. The weird thing is that I opened the game on Desmume, and it works fine. The unedited version of Pokemon Black works fine on my card also, this problem only occurs after I patch the file. Here's the part that confuses me: It can't be that the patched file is broken, because it works on Desmume just fine, but it also can't be my R4 card, because the original Pokemon Black works just fine. Has anyone found a fix for this?

Thanks in advance

jhan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What sort of patch? Wood doesn't need AP patches. If it's a ROM hack, update Wood.

It's just a patch that alters the game (http://gbatemp.net/threads/pokémon-blaze-black-pokémon-volt-white.286850/). I've already played another patched pokemon game with no issues, so I don't think that patching files is the problem. It makes no sense to me how the original game works fine, but the patched file doesn't (Not to mention that both the patched and unpatched versions work fine on Desmume).

Also, according to (http://www.r4ids.us/r4i-gold-3ds-download.html), I have the latest firmware. If it was my R4 card, wouldn't it have the same problem with Pokemon Black regardless of being patched or not?

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
The card itself matters little, it's the software used to launch ROMs that determines compatibility.

Also that's not the actual wood-supported R4i Gold, you want r4ids.cn. If you cart is actually from r4ids.us, then you bought a clone that's using an older version of wood with different loaders hacked in and the version number changed... which explains the bad compatibility, since that ROM hack is known to work on actual Wood fine.

jhan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see that r4ids.cn has this as their card (http://www.r4ids.cn/images/down_images/3ds.jpg), while r4ids.us has this (http://www.r4ids.us/images/down_images/3ds.jpg). I have the latter, it came from www.realhotstuff.com. They were vouched for, so I assumed it was a legit card. Oh well.

Is there anything I can do with the clone to have it be compatible with the hack? You said that the card itself doesn't matter as much as the software, would I be able to take the newest kernel from r4ids.cn and use that on my card? Or since it's a clone, would that damage it? I downloaded both of the updates to check, and the files seem to be identical, which is confusing.

Thanks for all of the help, I really appreciate it.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
The concern in this case isn't so much the exact look of the sticker (most cart teams change the look every so often), but the URL printed on it. If yours is r4ids.cn, then you can just grab the latest Wood from r4ids.cn and use it.

If not, you can try this loading software instead.
http://gbatemp.net/threads/retrogamefan-updates-releases.267243/

Also just because a shop is a good one doesn't mean that it only sells recommended carts. People buy clones all the time, so it's in a shop's best financial interest to sell them too. This is why we make such a strong point of choosing the right one, because there's more unsupported carts out there than recommended ones.

jhan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The sticker says www.r4ids.cn, so I'll try that out. Just to make sure, the steps to replace the firmware would be

1. Backup the games on the card
2. Format the card
3. Add new firmware files
4. Copy over games

I've never replaced a firmware on my R4 before, is this the gist of it? Or does replacing the firmware require something different?

jhan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, gotcha. I was confused because both r4ids.us and r4ids.cn have near identical layouts, but .cn says "NEWEST R4 KERNEL" while .us says "NEWEST R4 FIRMWARE" in the exact same spot.

I read the guide, but I believe I have a different issue here. Correct me if I'm wrong, but if I downloaded the latest kernel from r4ids.us, (Which is having trouble with Blaze Black) but the website on my card says r4ids.cn, wouldn't I need to replace the current .us kernel on my card with the correct .cn kernel instead? Unless I'm totally off base here, I believe I already have the most current kernel, it's just from the wrong site.

jhan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to keep bugging you with this, but that didn't seem to work. I formatted my card, put the new kernel on, copied over the games, and it still comes up with that same error whenever I load Blaze Black. Same thing, works fine on Desmume, yet gets an error on the card. Is there anything else I can try?

jhan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dunno how it could've been that simple, but just formatting it with that program completely fixed the problem. Thank you for all of the help, I really appreciate it man.

mmm1019

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need help if anyone can help me. I used pokegen to make eggs for a friends. When I input the codes for the eggs and press the withdraw button on the pc, the "An Error Has Occurred" pops up for me. Please help

nxwing

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I need help if anyone can help me. I used pokegen to make eggs for a friends. When I input the codes for the eggs and press the withdraw button on the pc, the "An Error Has Occurred" pops up for me. Please help
The flashcart may have been accidentally removed or nudged a bit. Try again. Other than that, I suggest making another thread so you'll attract more attention

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: How are yall doing?