Gaming Pokemon Black/White Anti-Piracy: DreamWorld?

Chris_Skylock

OP
Trophies
Website
www.friendster.com
XP
Country
I dont know about this but the new feature of Pokemon Black and WHite is the ability to go to a special website and upload your save file. You can access the Dream World from there (not sure if both are the same). What happens if you're using a flashcart? Will this ONLINE WEBSITE feature detect pirated games?

Im just intrigued by the moment I saw the details in serebii. But yeah, what do you think? another way to detect pirated game?

Ringo619

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah i was thinking the same this might be a way to stop the B/W roms by uploading your sav file but idk but its possibly

FlashX007

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The more games come out the more developed anti piracy gets. In my opinion Black and White will be the most difficult game to ever be cracked so far.

Ringo619

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FlashX007 said:
The more games come out the more developed anti piracy gets. In my opinion Black and White will be the most difficult game to ever be cracked so far.

I agree with you i mean look like at SS/HG so many ppl made topics and translation just cause the game did't work it might take a rll long time to crack B/W longer than hg/ss

DemonicChocobo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Black/White isn't the first game to utilize website connectivity. There was a game out a while ago called Treasure World in which you were able to update your sort of profile page with stuff from your game. It wasn't able to detect flash carts or anything and worked perfectly.

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
There's definitely gonna be a tough AP on this one. Just look at HG/SS when it was first released in Japan, it took AGES to get it working perfectly with no crashes and stuff. We just have to sit back and hope it's crackable, even if it takes ages. Crackable is better than uncrackable after all...

But I'm definitely gonna buy this game, so... Mwahahaha.
biggrin.gif

indask8

New Member Forever
Trophies
XP
Country
France
BortzANATOR said:
Pirated data on a harddrive looks just like legitimate data. Its near impossible to determine. Whats a website going to do?

Indeed, (as long as the save file size is OK) there is no way to tell which game is legit or not...

Except if every game have an unique game ID built in.

If thousand of people connect with the same GAME id (and so, obviously with a rom) => BANHAMMER TIME!

Dimensional

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
boudincaca said:
BortzANATOR said:
Pirated data on a harddrive looks just like legitimate data. Its near impossible to determine. Whats a website going to do?

Indeed, (as long as the save file size is OK) there is no way to tell which game is legit or not...

Except if every game have an unique game ID built in.

If thousand of people connect with the same GAME id (and so, obviously with a rom) => BANHAMMER TIME!
I don't think Nintendo would do something like that. It might seem easy enough, but to give each game a unique ID would require that the programmers make individual copies of the game and manually change the header information. That would increase the cost of the game by a huge amount.

SixtySixHundred

Trophies
XP
Country
Just think of it this way, tightwads...

Imagine all the games you've ever pirated, then put a financial value to all those games.

Now wait until the next pathetic instalment of Pokemon (Gotta Buy Em All) comes out and see how much it will cost.

Correspond the Pokemon price against all your Pirated game prices and you will still be saving money!

If you cared about the Pokemon franchise at all, you would be paying developers for their 'work'.

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Or you could just play the game without using the online features... It would be a small price to pay for getting the rest of the game for free.

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Eh, I don't think the dream world thing will do much to prevent pirates.
Consider this: Nintendo could have built in a Pokewalker check at the start of HG/SS effectively screwing everyone who didn't buy it.

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm going to buy the game anyway I only want the rom so I can use Pokesav and transfer Pokemon to my legit cart providing they still have link cable or IR support for trading otherwise it's Pokesav + ARDS w/ bought cart. I desperately need my Altaria, but I'm probably not using the rest of my old team for a while, start off mostly fresh.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo