Pokemon Black/White Anti-Piracy: DreamWorld?

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Chris_Skylock, Aug 12, 2010.

Aug 12, 2010
  1. Chris_Skylock
    OP

Member Chris_Skylock GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Philippines
    I dont know about this but the new feature of Pokemon Black and WHite is the ability to go to a special website and upload your save file. You can access the Dream World from there (not sure if both are the same). What happens if you're using a flashcart? Will this ONLINE WEBSITE feature detect pirated games?

Im just intrigued by the moment I saw the details in serebii. But yeah, what do you think? another way to detect pirated game?

2. Ringo619

Member Ringo619 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Yeah i was thinking the same this might be a way to stop the B/W roms by uploading your sav file but idk but its possibly

3. riverchen

Member riverchen GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Get a flashcart with RTS.

4. chrissmith9c

Newcomer chrissmith9c Advanced Member

United States
    Even Worst this game could do it jam with the band style and block you from online like it

5. FlashX007

Newcomer FlashX007 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    The more games come out the more developed anti piracy gets. In my opinion Black and White will be the most difficult game to ever be cracked so far.

6. digipokemaster

Member digipokemaster Innocent Uke

United States
    oh god please let this not happen

7. Ringo619

Member Ringo619 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I agree with you i mean look like at SS/HG so many ppl made topics and translation just cause the game did't work it might take a rll long time to crack B/W longer than hg/ss

8. FlashX007

Newcomer FlashX007 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    The truth hurts.

9. Lushay

Member Lushay GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Eh. I'll end up buying it cause the DSi mode looks useful. plus. 30 bucks(or less) really isn't that hard to come up with from all it's giving you.

10. DemonicChocobo

Member DemonicChocobo GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Black/White isn't the first game to utilize website connectivity. There was a game out a while ago called Treasure World in which you were able to update your sort of profile page with stuff from your game. It wasn't able to detect flash carts or anything and worked perfectly.

11. Raika

Member Raika uguu

Antarctica
    There's definitely gonna be a tough AP on this one. Just look at HG/SS when it was first released in Japan, it took AGES to get it working perfectly with no crashes and stuff. We just have to sit back and hope it's crackable, even if it takes ages. Crackable is better than uncrackable after all...

But I'm definitely gonna buy this game, so... Mwahahaha. [​IMG]

12. BORTZ

Global Moderator BORTZ wtf, nintendo

United States
    Pirated data on a harddrive looks just like legitimate data. Its near impossible to determine. Whats a website going to do?

13. indask8

Member indask8 New Member Forever

France
    Indeed, (as long as the save file size is OK) there is no way to tell which game is legit or not...

Except if every game have an unique game ID built in.

If thousand of people connect with the same GAME id (and so, obviously with a rom) => BANHAMMER TIME!

14. Dimensional

Member Dimensional GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I don't think Nintendo would do something like that. It might seem easy enough, but to give each game a unique ID would require that the programmers make individual copies of the game and manually change the header information. That would increase the cost of the game by a huge amount.

15. SixtySixHundred

Member SixtySixHundred GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Just think of it this way, tightwads...

Imagine all the games you've ever pirated, then put a financial value to all those games.

Now wait until the next pathetic instalment of Pokemon (Gotta Buy Em All) comes out and see how much it will cost.

Correspond the Pokemon price against all your Pirated game prices and you will still be saving money!

If you cared about the Pokemon franchise at all, you would be paying developers for their 'work'.

16. Depravo

Global Moderator Depravo Jaded curmudgeon

United Kingdom
    Or you could just play the game without using the online features... It would be a small price to pay for getting the rest of the game for free.

17. N4RU70 FR34K

Banned N4RU70 FR34K Banned

United States
    I think we should call it the HeartSoul incident because it's a terrible memory and these games probably are going to be the hardest to crack [​IMG]

18. Dter ic

Member Dter ic ~

United Kingdom
    yeh but if the AP is goning to get harder then the crackers will get better and smarter at cracking those games

they will crack it eventually

19. Goli

Member Goli RPG

Chile
    Eh, I don't think the dream world thing will do much to prevent pirates.
    Consider this: Nintendo could have built in a Pokewalker check at the start of HG/SS effectively screwing everyone who didn't buy it.

20. Hop2089

Member Hop2089 Cute>Hot

United States
    I'm going to buy the game anyway I only want the rom so I can use Pokesav and transfer Pokemon to my legit cart providing they still have link cable or IR support for trading otherwise it's Pokesav + ARDS w/ bought cart. I desperately need my Altaria, but I'm probably not using the rest of my old team for a while, start off mostly fresh.