• Replies 7,081
  • Likes 5

constantgamer247

Pourquoi?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Gen V was actually like a homage to the original 150, since theres lots of reused bases (which are unique and fresh regardless).

I can agree with your point, and I too liked how they reused the same Pokemon so to speak just with new sprites. Kept my interest along with all the other fresh things white and black did; story twists compared to the normal Pokemon formula

Charon

Trophies
Website
saiph-charon.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Slovenia
But seriously, why another b&w game?! Pokémon Conquest looks so much better as it takes a whole new perspective on pokèmon and a new battle system. They should've saved the new gyms and cities for the next generation of pkmn and made two versions of Conquest.

Did you play bw?
Cause it has tons of places that just ask for improvements.
Like theres several places with undergoing construction, and the whole east was kind of a boring postgame place with odd pokemon encounters, empty houses..

When they made Unova they were clearly already figuring out how they'll use it in 2 sets of games to tell 2 related stories.

But besides,
are you serious?

I mean,
you must understand that everyone and their mom was expecting a third 95% similar game.
But instead, we get the second half of a bigger plot, even though BW already had the deepest story in any pokemon game.

What an ingenious move by gamefreak, I thought.

Reactions: 1 person

xvinh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
But seriously, why another b&w game?! Pokémon Conquest looks so much better as it takes a whole new perspective on pokèmon and a new battle system. They should've saved the new gyms and cities for the next generation of pkmn and made two versions of Conquest.

Did you play bw?
Cause it has tons of places that just ask for improvements.
Like theres several places with undergoing construction, and the whole east was kind of a boring postgame place with odd pokemon encounters, empty houses..

When they made Unova they were clearly already figuring out how they'll use it in 2 sets of games to tell 2 related stories.

But besides,
are you serious?

I mean,
you must understand that everyone and their mom was expecting a third 95% similar game.
But instead, we get the second half of a bigger plot, even though BW already had the deepest story in any pokemon game.

What an ingenious move by gamefreak, I thought.
Wait, people play pokemon for the story? Certainly not me.
I admit, bringing back a few old pokemon so you can catch at the beginning sounds fun, and adding some new maps is cool, but overall it just seems lazy. And let's be honest, the 5th gen pokemon just suck. I wish I could start with a pokemon of my choice, or the starters from the first 3 generations... The new characters in BW (and BW2) have weird hair styles and designs... I miss the old ones.
I'm just a little bit excited for BW2, and that says something for a pokemon fan like me.

Charon

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Slovenia
Again, my point is
a plain third version as usual would not be any less lazy than actual sequels that we get instead. This is quite an improvement.

I play pokemon for the whole package, including the story, which is actually getting interesting lately.

" the 5th gen pokemon just suck"
right...
why not play the old games then if your senses are completely blinded by nostalgia?

Reactions: 3 people

xvinh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Again, my point is
a plain third version as usual would not be any less lazy than actual sequels that we get instead. This is quite an improvement.

I play pokemon for the whole package, including the story, which is actually getting interesting lately.

" the 5th gen pokemon just suck"
right...
why not play the old games then if your senses are completely blinded by nostalgia?
:lol: I can assure you nostalgia has nothing to do with it. When RSE came out and people were complaining about it, I actually thought it was nice. But I truly think the 5th gen designs suck. I have no complaint about the gameplay, and I was and still am looking forward to the 6th gen pokemon.
Back to your point, BW2 is not even remotely close to being a third edition. It came in two versions, and branded as a brand new game. It will surely sells a lot more than a simple third game. They don't have to do as much as when they make a new generation game. Surely it's better than a 3rd version, but I'd rather they jumped ahead to the 6th gen than made this at all (not that I'll boycott BW2 :P ). I will still play and enjoy the game.
And I agree, the story is better than before, but is still far from being interesting. It's a kid's game after all.

Reactions: 2 people

Charon

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Slovenia
Yet again you are missing the point.

Look.
Initially you said that making these sequels is lazy.

All I was trying to say is that they are not,
because IF they didnt make them, they would have still made a plain third version at least, which would be lazier than this.

Essentially what I was saying, you are now telling that to me for some reason.
I mean, of course its not a plain third version wtf.

I didn't notice the designs getting worse in any specific way.
There is still the same stuff from animal bases, to personifications, cliches and mimicry; well expressed personalities..
Maybe it is simply lots of colour/shape combinations that you personally dislike or something, but otherwise they're as close to interesting quality designs as any previous generation.

Theres this time even plenty of stuff you can directly compare with old ones.
For example Poliwag vs Tympole line.
Seismitoad to me seems way more thought through and fleshed out than Poliwrath in this particular case.

xvinh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
And you're missing my point, too. If it's a third version, it will only sell as much as a third version could. But they sell it as two brand new games, for the price of two brand new games, People who already have B or W will buy B2 or W2 because it's new, whereas if it's a third version some may not (me for example). This is better than a 3rd one, but lazier than making an entirely new game.
They are just lazy and greedy. :P
Again, my point is, it's better, but still lazy.

D

Deleted-236924

OP
I didn't notice the designs getting worse in any specific way.
There is still the same stuff from animal bases, to personifications, cliches and mimicry; well expressed personalities..
Maybe it is simply lots of colour/shape combinations that you personally dislike or something, but otherwise they're as close to interesting quality designs as any previous generation.

Theres this time even plenty of stuff you can directly compare with old ones.
For example Poliwag vs Tympole line.
Seismitoad to me seems way more thought through and fleshed out than Poliwrath in this particular case.
Maybe, but he was simply stating his opinion.

Charon

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Slovenia
marjan1337
While I agree with you
Can I ask
Why do you type
Like this?

It developed over time subconsciously from reading replies of people over the years, which too often seem to not have even read the posts they reply to. Maybe its easier to understand the points Im trying to get across if they are seperated, instead of going on about several topics in a single chunk of text that people don't read to the end.
But idk if its any good lol. Is it any worse or annoying or what though?

And you're missing my point, too. If it's a third version, it will only sell as much as a third version could. But they sell it as two brand new games, for the price of two brand new games, People who already have B or W will buy B2 or W2 because it's new, whereas if it's a third version some may not (me for example). This is better than a 3rd one, but lazier than making an entirely new game.
They are just lazy and greedy. :P
Again, my point is, it's better, but still lazy.

You werent comparing it to a potential plain third version, you just said its lazy, hence I pointed out its less lazy than usual. Its an improvement. That's that.

For a new generation, the question is actually how long it takes them to make a generation.
You also have to consider that they always work on the next generation already WHILE doing the transitional games like remakes and sequels.

From several interviews in the past, apparently they make a lot more designs than end up in a new generation, scrapping the less interesting ones. A casual pokemon takes a month to design, while important ones like starters and legends are redesigned and worked on as long as a year.
I bet they're working on gen 6 in the pokemon designs department for some time now. Its probably not like those people are doing nothing because BW2 doesn't need any new designs.

Besides, if they pumped out new generations every other year, we would be getting close to 2000 pokemon... with the quality surely being worse.

nryn99

desu~
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
about the third version stuff...

the way i see it, black and white 2 MIGHT BE the 3rd version. it's because of white forest/black city. unless they did something like grey park or something. that's why there's 2 versions and they adopted the name black and white.

Charon

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Slovenia
about the third version stuff...

the way i see it, black and white 2 MIGHT BE the 3rd version. it's because of white forest/black city. unless they did something like grey park or something. that's why there's 2 versions and they adopted the name black and white.

Yes, it is there insetad of the third version thats for sure.

They had it planned like this, so they've put everything in place in BW for a sequel, so they can tell the basic story in BW, but actually continue and finish it in a BW2 taking place 2 years later with new protagonists, regardless of the fact tis still the same generation.

I thought its quite a smart move :)

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I've seen many people waiting for the 6th gen, but a generation usually comes 4 years later than the previous one.

I guess we will see a remake of Ruby and Saphire before a new gen (Probably next year),
and maybe a Pokémon Gray, uniting all we have in Black and White 1 and 2.

A pokémon Gray would be the greedier thing Nintendo has ever done, but I thing it's pretty possible, knowing all the things Nintendo
has done.

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
I've seen many people waiting for the 6th gen, but a generation usually comes 4 years later than the previous one.

I guess we will see a remake of Ruby and Saphire before a new gen (Probably next year),
and maybe a Pokémon Gray, uniting all we have in Black and White 1 and 2.

A pokémon Gray would be the greedier thing Nintendo has ever done, but I thing it's pretty possible, knowing all the things Nintendo
has done.

pokemon grey/gray

shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I didn't really read the front posts but... From looks and videos, the Water type leader is probably the 8th. And his gym is in Undella/Sazanami Town.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work