Hacking Pokemon Black/White 2 Cheat problem

vzdragonite

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am unable to use any cheats on pokemon black 2 or white 2. I have tried unpatched roms, patched roms. I've tried different usrcheat.dat files. Cheats work fine on other games and my EOS is updated to the latest version. There is no reason cheats shouldn't work on black or white 2, but they aren't. I was wondering if anyone else was having similar problems or knew a solution. Sorry if I posted this in the wrong section, I know some people get butthurt from that.

KazoWAR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is this set?

00000_zps392d0aaa.png

vzdragonite

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Describe "won't work".
My bad, I should have gone into more detail. By not work I mean the when I go to the in-game menu, or the cheat menu before I start the game, no options will appear. Just a blank list with no cheats. Cheats for other games show up no problem.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
My bad, I should have gone into more detail. By not work I mean the when I go to the in-game menu, or the cheat menu before I start the game, no options will appear. Just a blank list with no cheats. Cheats for other games show up no problem.
Get an updated database that has cheats for the game, and make sure you're overwriting the old database (that is, the filename is the same).

vzdragonite

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

vzdragonite

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The description lies, it only contains the J codes, nothing for U or E (just checked with R4CCE).

http://files-ds-scene.net/romtool/releases/cmp/CMP_USRcheat.rar
This is the download link to a more updated database.
That usrcheat.dat didn't work either. Maybe it isn't the database that is the problem. I just updated my supercard's EOS yesterday so that shouldn't be the problem. I've also tried multiple different black and white 2 roms. The roms play fine without cheats though.

vzdragonite

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The database you linked doesn't have E/U codes, the one I linked does (opened both), make sure the ROM isn't being played in clean mode (make sure it's in patch mode) too.
So I just finished formatting a different microsd, I then put the newest dstwo eos and patch, the usrcheat.dat, a pokemon black 2 rom, a pokemon white 2 rom, and a few other games on the formatted microsd. The cheats still didn't work on pokemon black 2 or white 2, but they still worked fine on other games. I'm pretty certain the problem is with the roms, but I have already tried 3 different rom files. Time to keep on searching.

backflipkgo

Trophies
XP
Country
I've been having this exact problem ever since B2/W2 were released! Sorry for bumping an old topic but it seemed better than starting anew.

Downloaded and tried multiple (clean) roms, patching them, and then trying with updated EOS, usercheat etc - Checked the ID of the roms in R4CCE and added the games again just for good measure and still no cheats showing up :/

They appear for all other games, except B2/W2, it's killer as all I want to do is activate the cheat for challenge mode :'(

Any help with this would be fantastic as it's been bugging me for ages now!

DiabloStorm

Anti-Semantic Bastard
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I've been having this exact problem ever since B2/W2 were released! Sorry for bumping an old topic but it seemed better than starting anew.

Downloaded and tried multiple (clean) roms, patching them, and then trying with updated EOS, usercheat etc - Checked the ID of the roms in R4CCE and added the games again just for good measure and still no cheats showing up :/

They appear for all other games, except B2/W2, it's killer as all I want to do is activate the cheat for challenge mode :'(

Any help with this would be fantastic as it's been bugging me for ages now!
I started out on Challenge Mode on my first playthrough of Black 2, I had no problems getting that to work on my DSTWO. I could send you my AR codes or something, IDK. What region is your rom?

backflipkgo

Trophies
XP
Country
I've been using US roms so far, I'd not considered trying any from different regions :P but that is an idea I'll try now just to see if I can get them to show.

All the roms run fine, it's just that the cheat list never shows up anything for both games >_<

backflipkgo

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey what do you know, it wasn't showing for US roms but no doubt, shows up for EU roms. Can't believe I hadn't thought of trying a rom from a different region, feel like a moron!

Ty DiabloStorm for giving me the idea, very much appreciated :)

Aeter

A walking contradiction
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey what do you know, it wasn't showing for US roms but no doubt, shows up for EU roms. Can't believe I hadn't thought of trying a rom from a different region, feel like a moron!

Ty DiabloStorm for giving me the idea, very much appreciated :)
Different regions, different game headers.
Game headers matter when it comes to using cheats.
Remember that.

JRSuzuki

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been having a similar problem recently. For me, the cheats show up in the list, but none of them are having an effect in-game when activated.

Edit: Never mind, fixed it by deleting the .dtc file.

Latyana

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello sorry to bump old topic but if anyone seeing maybe they might know why the dstwo or pokemon black or white 2 might want to delete the save data?? ive had to restart my game 3 times. its really weird

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: hello everyone