Gaming Pokemon Black relocation with HeartGold ROM?

ToxicPotato

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I have a legitimate copy of Pokemon Black, two DS systems, and a ROM of HeartGold on an AceKard 2i. Is there any known way to make the games communicate? I've some Pokemon on HeartGold that I'd like to use in Black. Thanks.

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You have two options, one requires Wifi and is a bit faster but a little more complex and the other is the standard way which takes a bit longer but is easier.

Option 1 requires that you dump your HGSS save via WiFi, save the PKM files, load them into your Pokemon Black save and make them legit in order to get onto Random WiFi Battles and GTS.

Option 2 requires that you boot up both systems and trade them via PokeTransfer (need to beat the Elite 4 in Pokemon Black) and transfer them over that way. If done this way, all Pokemon are guaranteed to be legit.

ToxicPotato

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, Option 1 is out of the question, since I don't have access to the Pokemon Black save, as it's an actual copy, not a ROM. I'm pretty sure I've tried Option 2, if what you mean is going to that one lab, but when I select DS Download Play from the other DS, it doesn't accept the AceKard as HeartGold, so I can't do it that way, either.

Thanks for the reply, though.

basher11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ToxicPotato said:
Well, Option 1 is out of the question, since I don't have access to the Pokemon Black save, as it's an actual copy, not a ROM
you can always back it up.
i've done it before.

DarkStriker

GBAtemp's Kpop lover!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
Option 2 is not a option for him because he do not own a legit copy of D/P/Pt/HS/SS. Poke transfer make use of DS Downloadplay and because he uses a flashcart the download play wont recongnize the ROM. So basically if he had a ROM of pokemon black but a "legitimate" copy of pokemon D/P/Pt/SS/HS it would work

ToxicPotato

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
8BitWalugi said:
ToxicPotato said:
Well, I dunno how to back up the save. More importantly, how would I put it back into my game?
Try this:
http://gbatemp.net/t274290-how-to-dump-you...-ds-games-saves

Thanks, I'll try this out. Does this allow me to put the save back into my game? Doesn't exactly seem like it.

QUOTE(DarkStriker @ Mar 21 2011, 03:28 PM)
Option 2 is not a option for him because he do not own a legit copy of D/P/Pt/HS/SS. Poke transfer make use of DS Downloadplay and because he uses a flashcart the download play wont recongnize the ROM. So basically if he had a ROM of pokemon black but a "legitimate" copy of pokemon D/P/Pt/SS/HS it would work

Yeah, this is what I was mainly asking for a workaround of - if there was any way to get it to recognize my AceKard as a game I had on it.

v Yeah, I do kind of want them to remain legit...

D

Deleted-236924

Hakoda said:
Option 1 requires that you dump your HGSS save via WiFi, save the PKM files, load them into your Pokemon Black save and make them legit in order to get onto Random WiFi Battles and GTS.
They can't be legit if you use Pokésav/PokéGen to alter them in any way.

axtrx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Was a solution ever found for this? I'm having the same issue, I believe. I have a legit copy of White and a rom of Heartgold. Can't use poketransfer because the rom cartridge is not compatible with downloadplay, so it seems that the way to go would be for me to buy a legit copy of Heartgold and transfer my save file to the retail cartridge. Is this possible?

Tombstoner

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know what people are talking about; .pkm files are perfectly legit. That said...
Take the HG save from your SD and take out the .pkm's with Pokésav/Pokégen. Run them through KazoWAR's Poké Transfer, and then send the new .pkm's to the GTS.
If the GTS gets problems (which it did for me,) then put the .pkm's onto a BW save on your SD, and trade from there. I know it's more tedious this way, but it works.

D

Deleted-236924

Tombstoner said:
I don't know what people are talking about; .pkm files are perfectly legit.
They aren't.
You cannot get .pkm files without using external devices at least once.

A Pokémon is only legit if no external device was used.

That said... The method you mentionned is the way to go.
Click here

Tombstoner

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't want to get into a big debate, but my legitimacy argument is based on two things:
- that they're undetectable
- that people use them in serious play
I know that you need external devices, but the game does not need to necessarily be modified. If we're talking VGC, then it's still possible without an AR, and IR-GTS doesn't modify the save.

Dr.Aqua

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
GUYS!
HE HAS A RETAIL BLACK and A HG ROM
YOu dont use wifi to backup sav files ALREADY on A FLASHCART
BACKUP TO THE RETAIL BLACK INSTEAD. NO FLASH CARD HAS ENOUGH SYSTEM STORAGE FOR U TO BE ABLE FLASH A 256MB GAME ONTO ITS INTERNAL FIRMWARE PARTITION

Use pokegen to extract the .pkmn files from HG
Go to projectpoke.org forums
http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthrea...71-Pok-Transfer
Thank KAZOwar for this prgrom
smile.gif

Convert ur .pkmn files
Use shiny GTS to send to B/W

Alternatively give me the .sav or pkmn files and ill convert for u and trade to u.

DarkStriker

GBAtemp's Kpop lover!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
Or since he already own a pokemon black game simply download the rom.. complete the 1st gym... inject the .pkm files to the black rom and then trade over with 2 DS. Why bother with GTS and that... even more confusing and time consuming.

Redfuio

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DarkStriker said:
Dude i have a pokemon black rom and a legitime Diamond but it still wont work,any idea why? :S

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended