Not open for further replies.

Hatchetball

RepititionRedundancyRepitition
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mastxxpkmn said:
Im getting really frustrated and i'd like if someone could help me: Is there any possible way to english patch a rom that has been patched with the anti piracy patch? i've been trying everything and i can't seem to work it
Yes there is a possible way. Just make sure the Game ID's match in the infolib.dat/extinfo.dat and for cheats, the usrcheat.dat
It's just way easier to use a clean rom. Either way you have to make sure the .dats are matching the rom's ID, otherwise the system won't recognize what game it is and the system will error. I don't see how this question was asking for a rom, he asked a specific question.

D

Deleted User

If he was having trouble patching his game/rom the ordinary way, what makes you think that someone with 2 posts would be any more likely to be able to succeed in a more complex way? I mean, you yourself said that it'd be easier to use a clean rom. Just because there is indeed a possible way doesn't mean that it would be any easier for the poor kid XD

Spenstar

"Leave it to me"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hatchetball said:
mastxxpkmn said:
Im getting really frustrated and i'd like if someone could help me: Is there any possible way to english patch a rom that has been patched with the anti piracy patch? i've been trying everything and i can't seem to work it
Yes there is a possible way. Just make sure the Game ID's match in the infolib.dat/extinfo.dat and for cheats, the usrcheat.dat
It's just way easier to use a clean rom. Either way you have to make sure the .dats are matching the rom's ID, otherwise the system won't recognize what game it is and the system will error. I don't see how this question was asking for a rom, he asked a specific question.
I know that he wasn't asking for a ROM. If you read my reply to him, you will see that.

Also, did I miss that he mentioned he is using a TTDS (or any firmware that uses infolib.dat/extinfo.dat)? Because I don't see mastxxpkmn mention that he is using a specific flashcard or emulator anywhere. If he isn't using a TTDS (or any firmware that uses infolib.dat/extinfo.dat), then he is probably even more confused now.

Gaige

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
frown.gif
I had v3 which I played via
nds.gif
DeSmuME2.010EX
nds.gif
, downloaded v4 and it loads my saves from v3, (after renaming the files to match the v4 name),
BUT
nds.gif
DeSmuME2.010EX
nds.gif
freezes/crashes (screen goes black) after like 5 sec into every one of my saves... How can I fix this?
cry.gif

D

Deleted-236924

I2aven's_Sage said:
If he was having trouble patching his game/rom the ordinary way, what makes you think that someone with 2 posts would be any more likely to be able to succeed in a more complex way? I mean, you yourself said that it'd be easier to use a clean rom. Just because there is indeed a possible way doesn't mean that it would be any easier for the poor kid XD
Having 2 posts on GBATemp doesn't mean you're a total noob at everything...

Spenstar

"Leave it to me"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@ Gaige

Okay, first off, could you try not to make your posts harder to read than they have to be? Just typing what your problem is without all the flashing emotions and different font would be nice.
smile.gif

ex:
Gaige said:
I had v3 which I played via DeSmuME2.010EX, downloaded v4 and it loads my saves from v3, (after renaming the files to match the v4 name),
BUT DeSmuME2.010EX freezes/crashes (screen goes black) after like 5 sec into every one of my saves... How can I fix this?
cry.gif
Now for your problem.. I have never heard of the emulator DeSmuME2.010EX. So I Googled it and found out that it's supposed to make Pokemon B/W work when you play it.
Did v3 work perfectly when you played it on your emulator?

darkspirit456

Trophies
Website
dsmadness.wordpress.com
XP
Country
United States
Gaige said:
frown.gif
I had v3 which I played via DeSmuME2.010EX, downloaded v4 and it loads my saves from v3, (after renaming the files to match the v4 name),
BUT DeSmuME2.010EX freezes/crashes (screen goes black) after like 5 sec into every one of my saves... How can I fix this?
cry.gif
Try DeSmuMe r3823 updated by Pong20302000
wink.gif
and it SHOULD work, so try it out
smile.gif
Good luck~

Download Here

Credit go to Pong20302000 for the update of DeSmuMe
biggrin.gif

Gaige

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Spenstar said:
@ Gaige

Okay, first off, could you try not to make your posts harder to read than they have to be? Just typing what your problem is without all the flashing emotions and different font would be nice.
smile.gif

ex:
Gaige said:
cry.gif
Now for your problem.. I have never heard of the emulator DeSmuME2.010EX. So I Googled it and found out that it's supposed to make Pokemon B/W work when you play it.
Did v3 work perfectly when you played it on your emulator?

Sorry Spenstar. Anyways, DeSmuME2.010EX I had found on DeSmuME2.010EX download. v3 worked perfectly when I played it but it had very very slight lag at times (only really noticed in the music, unless that's normal.) Thank-you for taking notice of my situation.
happy.gif

Gaige

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
darkspirit456 said:
Gaige said:
frown.gif
cry.gif
Try DeSmuMe r3823 updated by Pong20302000
wink.gif
and it SHOULD work, so try it out
smile.gif
Good luck~

Download Here

Credit go to Pong20302000 for the update of DeSmuMe
biggrin.gif

Giving it a try. I'll get back to you with updates of my progress.
yaynds.gif

Gaige

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
@darkspirit456

Okay, I downloaded DeSmuMe r3823, it does the same thing as DeSmuME2.010EX did, it loads the NDS file but when I load my save/state (pressing shift-1), about 5 seconds in both screens go black and I presume that means it crashed/froze.
frown.gif

Spenstar

"Leave it to me"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Gaige

Sorry to sound like I'm picking on you a lot :/ but before you do much more on posting on the forums and such, I would recommended reading the rules for posting and such. Found Here

I'm saying this because a few posts up you gave a link to a ROM site, and also you are posting multiple times in a row. If you are going to post something else and your post is still the current one, just edit that one.

Hope this helps
wink.gif
and welcome to the Temp!

darkspirit456

Trophies
Website
dsmadness.wordpress.com
XP
Country
United States
Gaige said:
@darkspirit456

Okay, I downloaded DeSmuMe r3823, it does the same thing as DeSmuME2.010EX did, it loads the NDS file but when I load my save/state (pressing shift-1), about 5 seconds in both screens go black and I presume that means it crashed/froze.
frown.gif

Save state can always corrupt, it's not perfectly made, and why do you use save state on Pokemon anyway? You can always save your game...

So that mean is because of your save file problem not the game nor DeSumMe

Gaige

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
darkspirit456 said:
Gaige said:
@darkspirit456

frown.gif

Save state can always corrupt, it's not perfectly made, and why do you use save state on Pokemon anyway? You can always save your game...

So that mean is because of your save file problem not the game nor DeSumMe

I use save state because when saving normally it lagged extremely bad (forgot to mention that to Spenstar

drp527

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gaige said:
@darkspirit456

frown.gif

I had the same question, several pages back, and never got a response. But that's ok, because I did manage to work it out on my own while trying to help a friend set up the emulator and get started with using the translation. Basically, all you have to do is save the game normally, like you would if it was the actual cartridge, then load that save the same way after re-patching. Not sure why the savestates don't work with the differently patched version, but based on the problem both you and I had, they don't. However, once you've loaded the hard save with the emulator, you can start using savestates again (just remember to make a new one, and don't try to load the old ones without overwriting them, or the problem will still happen).

Gaige

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
@Spenstar

No no, not at all! Thank-you for taking the time to answer me and make sure I understand the rules properly. I fully read them now, (before I just glanced at them lol) I had misread before about posting links to sites that DO host roms. Also, thanks for the welcome-wagon!
wink.gif

@drp527

My v3 still works and loads the states properly, although my hardsave (normal save) is gone on the title screen (it asks to start a new game.) I'd like to figure out how to copy properly my hardsave over so I can use it with v4.

drp527

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, that's what I meant about the savestates. They worked absolutely perfectly in V3, even after my failed experiments (initially) with V4, but they WILL NOT load properly in the newly patched version, for whatever reason. I had it freeze just like you every few seconds, or if I ever tried to open a menu. But going back to V3, perfectly fine.

Anyway, not sure why your save's missing (assuming you mean even when trying to load in V3). If you DON'T mean just when trying to load in V3, and rather mean when trying to load in V4, then you have to make sure that the name of the save (minus the .dsv extension) matches the game name perfectly (minus, the .nds, of course). Otherwise the game won't be able to find it.

Gaige

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
@drp527
&@anyone else.

I got it to work thanks!
yaynds.gif
I did some renaming of some files and deleting of some files that were created by DeSmuME2.010EX for some reason lol but anyways v4 is running smoothly so far! I'll let anyone know if any bugs or problems arise.​

pokemonfan119

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Spenstar said:
Patch Instructions:
1. Obtain a clean ROM (Dump it yourself or find it elsewhere don't ask us for it)
2. Make sure you put everything in the same folder!
3. Download Rudolph's AP patches: Pokemon Black, Pokemon White
4. Apply your ROM to Rudolph's patch by dropping the ROM onto the Patch.exe
5. You should now have two files: 'gamename.bak' and 'gamename.nds' (The .bak file is the original "clean" ROM, so you want to use the .nds file)
6. Now open xDelta GUI: Download here
7. Click "Select Patch" and choose the patch you downloaded
8. Now choose 'Select ROM' and navigate to the Rudolph patched ROM (The one with .nds extension)
9. Now click on "Apply Patch" wait until it's done (You should have a '_patched.nds' file now)
10. If you want: Rename the _patched.nds file to whatever you want and then you are ready to play it!
11. Try it out and give some feedback?[/p]

They finally updated the instructions, and I finally know what I did wrong. xD
I thought that the ".bak" file after step 4 was the exp patched rom which I had to change to ".nds" but actually the clean rom I put into Rudolph's AP patch is the exp patched rom lol.

Spenstar

"Leave it to me"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gaige said:
@drp527
&@anyone else.

I got it to work thanks!
yaynds.gif
I did some renaming of some files and deleting of some files that were created by DeSmuME2.010EX for some reason lol but anyways v4 is running smoothly so far! I'll let anyone know if any bugs or problems arise.​
Gratz on coming up with a solution! Sorry I'm not the biggest help when it comes to playing games on emulators since I use my SC DSONE and DSTwo to play my games.
tongue.gif
Hope everything works fine for you
wink.gif

Post MergedQUOTE(pokemonfan119 @ Oct 23 2010, 09:58 PM) They finally updated the instructions, and I finally know what I did wrong. xD
I thought that the ".bak" file after step 4 was the exp patched rom which I had to change to ".nds" but actually the clean rom I put into Rudolph's AP patch is the exp patched rom lol.
Yep, I knew that if I updated the Patching Instructions, a lot of confusion would be solved
biggrin.gif

P.S.
When you say "They" its actually me
wink.gif

Lol, and I bet you had fun cutting down my entire first post just to quote the Patching Instructions
tongue.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BakerMan needs more expand dong